Finish the Defense, go get the two Ram's fa's!

visionary

Reaction score
Defense has upgraded their #2 corner position, probably will draft a future starter to improve the depth yr 1.

It's time to fix our run defense and their are two free agents who can get that fixed next year:

Bobby Wagner
A'Shaun Robinson

Wagner despite his age, is still considered an elite run stopping MLB. Believe he was the highest rated MLB in the entire league last season.

Robinson has always been a terrific run defender. One of the best in the entire league.
Agree
I think they’ll let it roll hoping their price will drop

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We need our QB to not go in a shell.

That would help our offense more than any piece we could bring in.
It’s funny how two years ago the media was all for Dak getting his money and he was a top 5 Quarterback. Now because of the Cowboys gossip ratings he has become worse then Geno Smith and not worth his contract. Strange…….. I remember - along time ago the saying was the media can build you up and then destroy you.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the FO's responsibility to make this team better. If it doesn't solve the inability to stop the run in critical situations, there will be no success in the playoffs. They need to stop screwing around and hire a real NT and MLB

morat1959

Reaction score
It’s like having a swollen hemorrhoid…..if ya can’t cut it out, you have to help it out.
To each his own but I don’t think you can put enough around him. He’s always gonna struggle in the areas that’s been with him since way back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you well know that this team is done in FA until after the draft.
Yeah. I'd love to see us add Robinson and Wagner, and even Poona Ford, and turn this defense into one of the most solid ones in the league. But even if they sign for somewhat reasonable deals (like some other free agents have), the Cowboys will not have really explored adding them because they are too concerned about getting ripped off in free agency.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i doubt we have money for both of them. but i’d love to have Robinson
They have the cap room this yr, but think the opposite moving forward as they have to extend several starters. If they can get them on 1yr deals, it's possible.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
If Dallas found a way to swing that, I think this defense would be nasty. The kind of defense you could ride deep into the playoffs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah. I'd love to see us add Robinson and Wagner, and even Poona Ford, and turn this defense into one of the most solid ones in the league. But even if they sign for somewhat reasonable deals (like some other free agents have), the Cowboys will not have really explored adding them because they are too concerned about getting ripped off in free agency.
Cowboys might not hand out a multiple year contract, but certainly will do so for a 1 yr deal.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Same defense that choked double digit leads to Jacksonville and Green Bay. Had they held them to the season average of points allowed, we're the No. 1 seed and potentially Super Bowl champions.
...and yet that same defense held SF to 1 TD and 19 points (6 of which came off Dallas offensive turnovers) but the Dallas offense could only muster 12 points....so play the what if game all you want but the fact is Dallas had a chance to get to the NFC Championship game if not for the offense.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s funny how two years ago the media was all for Dak getting his money and he was a top 5 Quarterback. Now because of the Cowboys gossip ratings he has become worse then Geno Smith and not worth his contract. Strange…….. I remember - along time ago the saying was the media can build you up and then destroy you.
Because weak minded people believe them . . . Like during the Great Cowboy debate of 2016

Everything the Media said was parroted by a lot of people who are still full fledged Dak Fans . . .

conner01

Reaction score
For either to get signed the price has to come down a lot. I like Robinson but can’t see paying 6-8 mil for a guy taking a 3rd of the snaps. Wagner is a HOF type player but I’m not paying him a hOF salary, and someone might
Wagner would be great to have but we have LVE, Clark and Micah. And I’m hoping we use Micah more at LB to keep him fresher like we did his first year

CCBoy

Reaction score
Defense has upgraded their #2 corner position, probably will draft a future starter to improve the depth yr 1.

It's time to fix our run defense and their are two free agents who can get that fixed next year:

Bobby Wagner
A'Shaun Robinson

Wagner despite his age, is still considered an elite run stopping MLB. Believe he was the highest rated MLB in the entire league last season.

Robinson has always been a terrific run defender. One of the best in the entire league.
One can't replace the addition that a quality leader brings to a positional group from someone like Wagner, who perservered top shelf and has the bones to show for it. He has been a dominant part of Championship. The Cowboys have very little of that experience laden quality.

This group of linebackers are very important in the progress of Dallas.

The linebackers are the group that brings together the defensive line and the secondary. It controls the center of the field and funnels things towards the sidelines. With good defensive ends and corners, the field is harder for opponents to work and be successful.

Bobby Wagner was forged in fire, and would set the forge for this unit to come out steel...'forged in fire.'

Myself, I would pay his price for my team to come out a dynasty strong!

But my plans wouldn't stop there...next the draft.

My first target would be Clemson LB Trenton Simpson 6'2" 235 4.43

Similar to Parsons, he has unusual speed and similar athleticism. Having a pair of linebackers with the talent of Parsons, would expand how teams would have to continually guard against that unusually aggressive element. This would also make stability a youthful element in this positional group. How does a linebacker group of: Wagner, Parsons, Simpson, Leighton VanderEsch, with Damone Clark and Jabril Clark competing for slots in camp.

It is easy to project special packages that would both be dominant as well as dangerous to go against. Special teams would be elevated by this assembled group, also.

A cost effective group would look strong to Stephen Jones, and Jerry could just smile!

These two moves would look great on the field immediately and project strongly towards cap management, also.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...and yet that same defense held SF to 1 TD and 19 points (6 of which came off Dallas offensive turnovers) but the Dallas offense could only muster 12 points....so play the what if game all you want but the fact is Dallas had a chance to get to the NFC Championship game if not for the offense.
Thing is, QB1 and the offensive fire power are here to stay for the foreseeable future. The FO have to finish an elite defense to help them compete

RandyOh

Reaction score
That’s the spirit. Make the same go sign Wagner and Robinson thread every day. Talk it into existence.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s like having a swollen hemorrhoid…..if ya can’t cut it out, you have to help it out.
1568296253_2.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
That’s the spirit. Make the same go sign Wagner and Robinson thread every day. Talk it into existence.
When the US gave Ukraine the more advanced tanks, didn't the 'gift' not also include the cost of training them to top of the world use of those tanks? (don't ask me to explain that as well)