Finish this Fight videos are great and all, but dang, can the Break crew ratchet it down a notch?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Playing them and talking about them is fine, but don't allocate 10 mins to the conversation during a PLAYOFF game week. There's like so much to talk about, stop it
Its only during the last segment so just don't listen then. I could see if they spent the whole show on the topic but the time they spend during that Tay what segment? Who cares. You aren't that pressed to hear only Cowboys talk with no fluff because if you are there are many Boys shows with exactly that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How are they homers? Have you ever listened to them? Eagleton tows the line because he's a higher up, but Broaddus called for Garrett to be fired a couple years back, and Nick speaks his mind too. Micky is definitely a homer, those four aren't. Obviously fans of the team they're covering, but not blindly so
Just for future reference... when you see a statement followed by the emoji ":rolleyes:", it's probably there to indicate sarcasm.

jday

Reaction score
Folks, some of you are way off the mark here. Your response is directed toward someone who isn't excited about the videos themselves.

That's not me. No one can read precisely what I wrote in the OP and come away with that.

Don't mind being yelled at... but at least yell at me for what I actually wrote. Some, if not many, of you just don't seem to get what I'm getting at.

Commence with more yelling in 1... 2...
Trolling your own thread about hating the finishthisfight videos? That's a new low...have you no soul?;)

Reactions: BAZ

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Its only during the last segment so just don't listen then. I could see if they spent the whole show on the topic but the time they spend during that Tay what segment? Who cares. You aren't that pressed to hear only Cowboys talk with no fluff because if you are there are many Boys shows with exactly that.
It's the same conversation over and over again, "koodos to Kent, Taye and what's her face", "this game is not easy", "they've gone through so much", "dak and Lee and this one has been my favourite".

I listen to every broadcast, I don't know why not liking the time wasted in it is such a big deal. Who cares what I think

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I haven't listened or watched Talkin' Cowboys or The Break since around Week 2 or 3 this year.

I just want to hear knowledgable football discussions from people who know the game. As far as The Break goes, I'd like to hear Broaddus and Eatman talk about the upcoming matchups on the field and what is going on with the team. Although I don't agree with Broaddus all the time, I like his insight regarding the X's and O's and his film study and what he thinks about the ballgames. Same for Nick Eatman. Taylor shouldn't be on the show at all. She knows absolutely nothing about football and cuts Broaddus off all the time. I'm a millennial myself and could do without any of her content. I understand some like what she brings to the show but that's just how I see it.

I don't like Mickey Spagnola either. He's such a company man that it seems like he's lost touch with reality. In his world, he's never wrong and he seems like it's the end of the world if someone ever disagrees with his garbage. I love hearing Nate talk about football. He brings so much to the table from his experience as a player on Championship teams with the Cowboys and knowledge of the game on the field. But with Mickey on there, it's just unbearable for me to watch it. He's awful.

There is lots of content about the Boys on the internet so you really aren't missing much if you cut these shows out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's the same conversation over and over again, "koodos to Kent, Taye and what's her face", "this game is not easy", "they've gone through so much", "dak and Lee and this one has been my favourite".

I listen to every broadcast, I don't know why not liking the time wasted in it is such a big deal. Who cares what I think
Its such a big deal because you posted it and obviously people disagree duh. Just like you want to complain one way others are allowed to complain the other way. If you don't like it keep your views to yourself and you don't have to worry about people saying anything to you. Otherwise just take it as messageboard convo you are going to get when people disagree. Lastly like I said before just go past that part and or look for the various other Boys sites that are more Boys talk without that stuff you dislike.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Its such a big deal because you posted it and obviously people disagree duh. Just like you want to complain one way others are allowed to complain the other way. If you don't like it keep your views to yourself and you don't have to worry about people saying anything to you. Otherwise just take it as messageboard convo you are going to get when people disagree. Lastly like I said before just go past that part and or look for the various other Boys sites that are more Boys talk without that stuff you dislike.
Ok...again, you're putting way too much energy into this. It's a show I always listen to and prefer they not waste time every day (they didn't today) on the same conversation. Why would I go to another podcast if it's the main one I listen to? Skipping it doesn't bring back the time wasted on it, since they're only on for an hour anyway

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I haven't listened or watched Talkin' Cowboys or The Break since around Week 2 or 3 this year.

I just want to hear knowledgable football discussions from people who know the game. As far as The Break goes, I'd like to hear Broaddus and Eatman talk about the upcoming matchups on the field and what is going on with the team. Although I don't agree with Broaddus all the time, I like his insight regarding the X's and O's and his film study and what he thinks about the ballgames. Same for Nick Eatman. Taylor shouldn't be on the show at all. She knows absolutely nothing about football and cuts Broaddus off all the time. I'm a millennial myself and could do without any of her content. I understand some like what she brings to the show but that's just how I see it.

I don't like Mickey Spagnola either. He's such a company man that it seems like he's lost touch with reality. In his world, he's never wrong and he seems like it's the end of the world if someone ever disagrees with his garbage. I lwhoove hearing Nate talk about football. He brings so much to the table from his experience as a player on Championship teams with the Cowboys and knowledge of the game on the field. But with Mickey on there, it's just unbearable for me to watch it. He's awful.

There is lots of content about the Boys on the internet so you really aren't missing much if you cut these shows out.

who do you recommend for x and o's talk on the boys other than broaddus or nick as far as online, radio whatever go?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok...again, you're putting way too much energy into this. It's a show I always listen to and prefer they not waste time every day (they didn't today) on the same conversation. Why would I go to another podcast if it's the main one I listen to? Skipping it doesn't bring back the time wasted on it, since they're only on for an hour anyway
Ok...again, you're putting way too much energy into this. I'm putting as much energy as you are complaining so spare me the Internet "I care to much spiel" when you're right here with me quoting me back and forth. Also I'm giving you options instead of just telling you what I really want to tell you lol. You would go to another podcast so you can stop complaining since its not hard to do aka not too much energy. Actually skipping saves you the time that clearly has you upset about it so that in itself should make you want to skip that part. Hell that's what I do when people like you calling with y'all's stupid questions/views lol.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Act like you been there before? Why? We haven't been there before at all. This core group has never been in this position. The 1 seed a real legit shot to win it all. I hate this narrative of "act like you been there before", especially when it relates to a childrens' game being played for our entertainment. Let them have fun and enjoy the moment. Do you tell people this same thing when they hit milestones in their life like graduating, a promotion, marriage, the birth of their children, etc? To not make a big deal of it and act like they been there? Of course you don't. So why do it for sports. Do you want zero hype and personality in sports?

:huh::thumbdown:

_sturt_

Reaction score
To their credit, today the focus was on the player and the player's history, and thus keeping it about football... much less so on the celebration of those whose job it is to do this kind of thing.

Much appreciated.

BigD16

Reaction score

I don't like Mickey Spagnola either. He's such a company man that it seems like he's lost touch with reality. In his world, he's never wrong and he seems like it's the end of the world if someone ever disagrees with his garbage. I love hearing Nate talk about football. He brings so much to the table from his experience as a player on Championship teams with the Cowboys and knowledge of the game on the field. But with Mickey on there, it's just unbearable for me to watch it. He's awful.

You just typed exactly what's happened with me this year as far as cowboys break is concerned.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
You just typed exactly what's happened with me this year as far as cowboys break is concerned.

Yeah it is what it is.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of the show. I understand that they are trying to attract a diverse audience.

Overall it's all about football for me. Give me people that have played the game or who have made a professional living scouting talent to do the shows.

I think they should give Nate his own show. I could listen to him talk about stories from the 90's and what he thinks about what's going on on the field for hours.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
who do you recommend for x and o's talk on the boys other than broaddus or nick as far as online, radio whatever go?

I have many sources I like to frequent.

I do admit that I come here to the zone first thing in the morning. This community here is my "go to".

As far as X's and O's content. I do like Sturm who is showcased here quite prominently.

I also like to check out Cowboyswire quite a bit.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I have many sources I like to frequent.

I do admit that I come here to the zone first thing in the morning. This community here is my "go to".

As far as X's and O's content. I do like Sturm who is showcased here quite prominently.

I also like to check out Cowboyswire quite a bit.

:thumbup:

listening to a pod cast now on Cowboyswire.usatoday.com

good stuff so far. thanks again.

MrMom

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the DMN Candidly Cowboys podcast? It's just Brandon George and Jon Machota of the DMN and it only lasts around 20-30 mins. It's pretty enjoyable and cuts out some of the fluff from the dc.com crew. They have some improving to do, especially when it comes to audio quality but they are getting better.