Fire Jason Garrett? Then You Would Have Fired Tom Landry

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
My goodness what a stinker. I would take Hue Jackson as the head coach before Jason Garrett.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao...maybe next year he'll get it,,, or the next.. jerry is training him as fast as he can.. seems like jason is a slow learner... give him time

sheesh. . he might has sustained a concussion on the sidelines carrying the clipboard for Troy back in the 90's. come on.. give him time.. he's still concussed.

Big_D

Reaction score
Other than his offense was ranked 10 ten in pts per game and yards in 2010 . So yeah he was there and his unit did their part.

His unit put up 3 points in a playoff game. The offense in 2010 had 2 rushing TDs through the first 8 weeks. lol that unit is a facade that could never handle pressure! Romo magic. That’s all it was. Funny that some still blame Wade when the offense was setup where any coach could’ve had success throwing the football, and the D was seriously lacking playmakers! Garrett stunk then as he does now!!

Dre11

Reaction score
My goodness what a stinker. I would take Hue Jackson as the head coach before Jason Garrett.

This shows the haters ignorance...lol 1-32 despite pic
His unit put up 3 points in a playoff game. The offense in 2010 had 2 rushing TDs through the first 8 weeks. lol that unit is a facade that could never handle pressure! Romo magic. That’s all it was. Funny that some still blame Wade when the offense was setup where any coach could’ve had success throwing the football, and the D was seriously lacking playmakers! Garrett stunk then as he does now!!

You sure know how to show ignorance, what difference does it make how you get in the end Zone? First 8 games. 7,20,27,27,31,35,17,7 after that 33,35,27,38,27,33,26,14 those are points put up and they went 6-10, started 1-7 with those points put up. Now tell me again it was the offense.your ignorance is really showing...lol Gtoh.
Romo went out in game 6 for the season, Garrett did the rest of the damage with a backup(kidnap)...lol

Big_D

Reaction score
This shows the haters ignorance...lol 1-32 despite pic

You sure know how to show ignorance, what difference does it make how you get in the end Zone? First 8 games. 7,20,27,27,31,35,17,7 after that 33,35,27,38,27,33,26,14 those are points put up and they went 6-10, started 1-7 with those points put up. Now tell me again it was the offense. Gtoh

When you’re D isn’t very good it’s the Os job to manage a clock. The run game actually has a purpose. lol. You can talk about points, but the simple fact is that unit never handles pressure. The run game always stunk .. 2007, 08, 09, 10 doesn’t matter. And still no word about being held to 3 in the playoff game. His unit really did their job in that game!!

Any coach could’ve made that passing game work.. you’re just very easily impressed and fundamentals apparently don’t mean anything to you! Garrett was garbage, and his rushing attack was a joke! Bottom feeders! Even now with Elliott he’ll have him on the sideline while they go empty backfield inside the 5?? Couldn’t manage a clock then and that hasn’t changed. Then it’s time to blame the D or some other assistant coach? If you want a quality D you draft one. Wade certainly didn’t have on D what Garrett had on offense! You could spin it how you want...

Dre11

Reaction score
When you’re D isn’t very good it’s the Os job to manage a clock. The run game actually has a purpose. lol. You can talk about points, but the simple fact is that unit never handles pressure. The run game always stunk .. 2007, 08, 09, 10 doesn’t matter. And still no word about being held to 3 in the playoff game. His unit really did their job in that game!!

Any coach could’ve made that passing game work.. you’re just very easily impressed and fundamentals apparently don’t mean anything to you! Garrett was garbage, and his rushing attack was a joke! Bottom feeders! Even now with Elliott he’ll have him on the sideline while they go empty backfield inside the 5?? Couldn’t manage a clock then and that hasn’t changed. Then it’s time to blame the D or some other assistant coach? If you want a quality D you draft one. Wade certainly didn’t have on D what Garrett had on offense! You could spin it how you want...

How stupid? Do let's stop scoring and let's play keep away so the other team can't score on our defense..lol brilliant!!!! I don't care how you try to spin it to fit your narrative, it's bogus. That dog don't hunt! I'd argue that there was more talent on defense than offense. With Jay Ratliff,Dware,Anthony Spencer,Bradie James, Terrance Newman. On offense they had Barber,Austin,Witten, Romo for 6 games.

As far as the 3 points. When your qb fumbles 3 times,yhows a pick. That's 4 turnovers what do you expect? How did the Vikings only put up 7 vs Philly. That got beat by a better team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Really? This was said to me years ago and I'm still waiting for the genius of Jason Garrett to shine through. Only halfway through the process.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Exactly, they're fickle fans, or front runners.

I have never been fickle about Garrett, I knew he was a joke of a coach the moment he was hired. Check my post history if you don't believe me, I have been anti-Garrett from the start. When we win, it has been despite Garrett and not because of Garrett.

Maybe the team will play great one or two years and we luck into a Wildcard win, but don't expect anything more with Coach Clappy. Many posters over the last 8 years told me I was wrong and I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

Almost all of them have left this board..............But I am still here;)

Dre11

Reaction score
I have never been fickle about Garrett, I knew he was a joke of a coach the moment he was hired. Check my post history if you don't believe me, I have been anti-Garrett from the start. When we win, it has been despite Garrett and not because of Garrett.

Maybe the team will play great one or two years and we luck into a Wildcard win, but don't expect anything more with Coach Clappy. Many posters over the last 8 years told me I was wrong and I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

Almost all of them have left this board..............But I am still here;)

Lol...sure, so Garrett get all the blame for the bad and none of the credit for the good. Now read that again and listen to how crazy that sounds.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My perspective on that hasn’t changed. I mean, his first few years when he went 500 with a 500 team the argument was premature. But I’d never deny the Cowboys have been patient with Garrett as far as the playoff record is concerned.

My argument has always been that we’ve lost the playoff games for reasons unrelated to coaching so changing the coaches isn’t necessary. I still very much feel that way.

Even if I agreed with you that we didn't lose playoff games due to coaching, that begs the question "what about the other 5 seasons under Garrett where we didn't even make the playoffs?"

Missing the playoffs 5 times in 7 years typically gets a head coach fired in today's NFL, a point you acknowledged already when you said you could not think of another coach like Garrett that started out poor and then had significant postseason success with the same team, mainly because most teams don't stay with a coach with a track record like Garrett.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lol...sure, so Garrett get all the blame for the bad and none of the credit for the good. Now read that again and listen to how crazy that sounds.

Not crazy at all, he brings nothing to the table in terms of preparation, strategy, adjustments, ect......

Romo even said he is not an X and Os type of coach but a motivator..............so we have a glorified motivational speaker as head coach

I am still waiting to be proven wrong.................its only been 8 years:laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
Not crazy at all, he brings nothing to the table in terms of preparation, strategy, adjustments, ect......

Romo even said he is not an X and Os type of coach but a motivator..............so we have a glorified motivational speaker as head coach

I am still waiting to be proven wrong.................its only been 8 years:laugh:

So what the heck do you think a head coach who isn't a coordinator is? A manager,motivator,and leader. Who do you the Jimmy was? He was not an x and O guy, also if JG was an X and O guy, why was he sought after based on his offensive input? How did a guy not good with X and O engineer an offense in his first two years in the top 10? I tell I don't think half of you pay attention. You just rant....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I think there’s some truth to this. Garrett is the glue that tries to hold this dysfunctional team together. That’s been his strength thru all of the distractions. I think Romo was right.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So what the heck do you think a head coach who isn't a coordinator is? A manager,motivator,and leader. Who do you the Jimmy was? He was not an x and O guy, also if JG was an X and O guy, why was he sought after based on his offensive input? How did a guy not good with X and O engineer an offense in his first two years in the top 10? I tell I don't think half of you pay attention. You just rant....lol

Garrett didn't engineer jack, Romo did..............go listen to Brice Butler talk about how Romo installed the game plan each week, not Garrett

And what I am saying is not a rant, its HISTORY!!!

I said 8 years ago we would never win anything more than a Wildcard game under Garrett..........guess what.......we haven't

Dre11

Reaction score
Garrett didn't engineer jack, Romo did..............go listen to Brice Butler talk about how Romo installed the game plan each week, not Garrett

And what I am saying is not a rant, its HISTORY!!!

I said 8 years ago we would never win anything more than a Wildcard game under Garrett..........guess what.......we haven't
Lol....Romo did not install any game plan all qbs give coaches plays they like. Also Butler wasn't here in 2009 or 2010 when Garrett was OC...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Well, that's a shame if true about Linehan because he is of the Bill Walsh WCO tree which encourages creativity.

Linehan did not come from the Walsh tree. He came into the nfl under Mike Tice, then to Miami under Saban where Garrett was also at the time. Then got HC job with Rams and Detroit.