Fire Jason Garrett? Then You Would Have Fired Tom Landry

plasticman

Reaction score
I kwow who Tom Landry is.I know what he did. I saw every single Dallas Cowboy game he coached from game #3 in 1970 to his very last one in 1988.

Tom Landry is my hero.He was a true hero before he ever played a single down of college football, I have studied his life, I worshiped the man. There will never be another Tom Landry but THAT IS NOT THE WAY HE WAS THOUGHT OF IN HIS EARLY YEARS AND THAT IS THE LESSON!

You are all talking about things that Tom Landry did beyond a point in his career that Jason Garrett has not reached and that is blatantly unfair.But if you have a fixed agenda, an unmovable opinion that Jason should be fired then all you can do is compare Tom Landry's entire 29 year career to Garrett's 8. I can't force you to be fair.

However, understand:

Everything you are saying about Garrett was being said about Landry at that point in his career. They were calling for his head long before that.

After ten seasons under Tom Landry, the Dallas Cowboys were 1-4 in the playoffs.

He was so sure that he was going to be fired after his 5th season that he said goodbye to the team and was in tears. He was being roasted by the Dallas media and by fans. So remember that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I kwow who Tom Landry is.I know what he did. I saw every single Dallas Cowboy game he coached from game #3 in 1970 to his very last one in 1988.

Tom Landry is my hero.He was a true hero before he ever played a single down of college football, I have studied his life, I worshiped the man. There will never be another Tom Landry but THAT IS NOT THE WAY HE WAS THOUGHT OF IN HIS EARLY YEARS AND THAT IS THE LESSON!

If you believe all of these things then basically you are insulting the man by even mentioning a fop like Jason Garrett in the same breath.

diefree666

Reaction score

You are all talking about things that Tom Landry did beyond a point in his career that Jason Garrett has not reached and that is blatantly unfair.But if you have a fixed agenda, an unmovable opinion that Jason should be fired then all you can do is compare Tom Landry's entire 29 year career to Garrett's 8. I can't force you to be fair.

However, understand:

Everything you are saying about Garrett was being said about Landry at that point in his career. They were calling for his head long before that.

After ten seasons under Tom Landry, the Dallas Cowboys were 1-4 in the playoffs.

He was so sure that he was going to be fired after his 5th season that he said goodbye to the team and was in tears. He was being roasted by the Dallas media and by fans. So remember that.
anyone comparing Landry in any way to the Clapper should be banned, drawn and quartered, hung, shot and then gassed. Then electrocute what is left.

the Clapper could not carry Landry's shoes.

OH and by the way there was steady improvement year to year under Landry. What steady improvement has the Clapper shown?

Alexander

Reaction score
I didn’t even read the post after looking at the title. Can we go ahead and nominate this as stupidest OP of the year?
This used to be part of board groupthink at one time. Now the tide of opinion has changed.

Thankfully.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
anyone comparing Landry in any way to the Clapper should be banned, drawn and quartered, hung, shot and then gassed. Then electrocute what is left.

the Clapper could not carry Landry's shoes.

OH and by the way there was steady improvement year to year under Landry. What steady improvement has the Clapper shown?
Lol dang dude you sure you don’t want to feed him to fire ants after you sparky him.

Alexander

Reaction score
I cant believe how many posters will defend this mediocrity. As if its the best thing to ever come to our organization.
Deep down, most won't admit they really don't believe in him any more. But after years of defense, they cannot just acknowledge being wrong.

Dollars to donuts, those who still support Garrett hated Phillips and mainly because Garrett gives the impression of being stately, they bought in hook, line and sinker.

MCMetal69

Reaction score

However, understand:

Landry was an innovator before he ever became coach of the Cowboys ; and when he assumed the mantle of head coach the "talent pool" in Dallas resembled a drop of bug urine...........What part of that do you not understand ?

It took half a decade for the team to acquire players who actually belonged in the NFL as opposed to that rag-tag group that entered the league ; and starting in 1965 it took 21 years before Landry ever had a losing season again.When Romo got hurt , the team collapsed with Garrett at the helm.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Deep down, most won't admit they really don't believe in him any more. But after years of defense, they cannot just acknowledge being wrong.

Dollars to donuts, those who still support Garrett hated Phillips and mainly because Garrett gives the impression of being stately, they bought in hook, line and sinker.

Cant argue this. Tho i feel once Garrett is replaced, no one will mind and just move on as if it never happened.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Cant argue this. Tho i feel once Garrett is replaced, no one will mind and just move on as if it never happened.
My guess is Garrett’s avid defenders will be overly critical of the new coach, sort of how Dak was criticized from day 1 by a portion of the fanbase when he began getting accolades from Romo haters.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If you dug Landry up and propped him up on the sideline he'd be a better coach than what they have now.

51mVZdur0oL._SY445_.jpg

Dwight

Reaction score
I have read it all.

Comparing Jason to Landry.

Some of these fans are taking on a very strange mindset like the owner of this team.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I cannot believe OP compared Tom Laundry to the clapper....what do you even say to that