Fire Kellen please

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore was 4-1 with Dan Quinn's defense playing lights out at the time.
Dak was 0-1 with the same defense until Rush came in and Dak had to learn how to QB from a third-string QB that started only 1 game prior.

Dallas was a TOP 3 offense in scripted plays with Cooper Rush, meaning Moore knows how to call plays.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Kellen is NOT the problem. If anything he's done an excellent job considering he's hamstrung with a QB with a limited skill set. The problem with the offense is obvious and glaring. It's the QB.
Nope...you got the woke crowd that will tell you otherwise. Been that way for a long time. And believe me....they don't go back and watch tape.

All they want is a woke QB....no matter how crappy he is.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Nope...you got the woke crowd that will tell you otherwise. Been that way for a long time. And believe me....they don't go back and watch tape.

All they want is a woke QB....no matter how crappy he is.
I'm lost - what does woke have to do with this?

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
There has to be someone better to get Dak to play to his strenghts.

Kellen does not help him at all with those slow developing timing routes, short windows between the safeties, courls on the middle of the field where linebackers can intercept or break the pass, and outs where he gets picked so often. That kind of offense works for an accurate passer with a strong arm ala Aikman.

Dak should be playing a simpler offense with slants, crossing routes, short passes to the RBs and using his legs.

Shuffle the offensive side of the ball and keep Quinn if possible.

khiladi

Reaction score

Now Reid Hanson tries to argue that the fact they aren’t good outside “scripted plays” is because of the QB, but what he points out to substantiate the claim is the following:

“But a look at down field route running shows the Dallas Cowboys were still running deep routes, they just weren’t delivering those passes. This season the Cowboys are top-5 in average depth of route (ADOR), but just about league average in ADOT.”

BUT the fact is, Dallas continued to run these types of routes and Dak still threw quicker and shorter, despite the WRs still running deeper routes. In fact, if you look at the Philly throwing chart of Dak everything was behind the LOS and short quick passes between 5-8 yards over the middle. What you have begun to see with Moore is that a lot of the routes he is now running are quick hitters and shorter routes over the middle, particular you attack the zone looks the defenses have been showing. If you look at your majority of Dak’s career it was outside the hashes.

Reid was in fact most likely right when he stated though unintentionally, “It’s possible that after grabbing a decent lead early last week, the Dallas Cowboys willfully took their foot off the gas. If you remember, Cooper Rush threw two almost interceptions and the Dallas Cowboys nearly coughed up the game.”

https://sportdfw.com/2022/09/25/dallas-cowboys-kellen-moores-scripted-plays-backbone-offense/amp/

Last edited:

infamousstyles

Reaction score
I don't care what kellen moore season stats are at this point. At the moments it truly matters both he and dak and crap the bed. You can't get rid of dak because of this contract so you either let Kellen go or hope some other poor souls team takes him off your hands. What is obvious is this isn't working between the both of them and will never work.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Musers said this morning that it’s been long enough. It’s time for a change at OC.

They said what will be exciting if you just bring him back with Dak expecting different results?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yes I've changed on Moore. Chances are that both him and Dak will be gone eventually anyway but I think the biggest problem is Dak. Kellen and McCarthy realize it but there's nothing they can do.

morat1959

Reaction score
Byron Leftwich should have said that last week.....oops, that only works for Kellen Moore. Wow. I understand.

Don't tell me Tom is the GOAT. I know that. But he didn't play like the GOAT all season.
He’s old! There is no way you can’t see Dak’s limitations. His brain doesn’t function fast enough…period!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I like Dak but not seeing a Linebacker right in front of him in the middle of the field before letting the ball go, wow!
Prescot has played POORLY sin ce the start of LAST SEASON'S second half. He is terrible reading a field if he has D-Linemen around him. Jimmy Johnson was spot on when he said, " I have concerns about Prescot when he's being pressured. That's when he will panic and throw into coverages that will result in interceptions". Prescot ability to get good reads and make good decisions have left the building and if Jerry Jones can't see this by now then he deserves everything that he get's and that's a less than mediocre, over hyped, overpaid loser of a QB!

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Its always fire the OC

First it was Linehan’s fault. Now Kellen’s.

Its the QB people.
Neither of them are good OC's. Linehan or Kellen. It doesn't excuse Dak's performance. Has Kellen called some very good games? Yes, but he can't do it consistently. And it seems like if the plan isn't working, we're screwed and there's never a plan B on offense.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
This game is mostly on Dak. He was awful. And I can’t say it enough he was shook. He was having flashbacks to last years game. That offense line gave him plenty of time. On a good note. CD is that guy
throws early on just sailed on him Bc he didn’t get his feet set.

I drove my family crazy but I had to pause it and rewind I’m like look he stepped up in the pocket fine it’s just that he launched an uncatchable pass . Which happens way too ofte..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Same offense since 2007 with same results with multiple QBs. JG also failed in N.Y. with another QB. It's time for a new offense.
Its amazing that no one sees this. Garrett sucked after Sparano left for Miami. And we have had the same scheme since. Its a joke.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I'd like to see an offense that is a little more old school West Coast, not dissimilar from Shanahan's. Get guys open crossing the field and easy slants. Lamb would be a great RAC guy in that system.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He can not stick with the formula. He just refuses to do it. Pollard goes down and next up was Malik. Instead nothing. 37 passes. 16 runs.

KDM256

Reaction score
Not a fan of Kellen Moore. Whether its Dak to blame or the OC but the play calling is not creative at all.

5 yards hitches & Out routes to the Shutlz or Cee Dee Lamb can only work for so long in this league and a good defensive unit will prep for that quick. Dak interceptions has mostly came from these plays because defenders were sitting on these routes and Dak wasn't looking them off and staring down his targets.

WR jet sweeps? Force feed Zeke the ball on first down of the drive for 1 or 2 yards.

No rub routes, no sluggos, no schemes to attack weak links on defense, just simplicity at its finest.