Fireside Chat

ESisback

Reaction score
It's doubly galling that not only was this Philly's 1st SB, it's also gonna go down as the best SB ever.
First off, GREAT game! Exciting and high scoring. I'm interested in seeing the ratings. Anyone hear? Should have had the cajones to go with my gut. When I heard that there were several big time gamblers putting HUMUNGOUS amounts of money on the Eagles, I KNEW who was going to win. Those kind of guys don't lose that kind of money! Besides, the Pats had become so unpopular, so hated, that the hateful nature of the Philly fanbase didn't matter. The Eagles have a great team, and they have many great players and fans that have suffered too long. To those people I say congrats, but the majority of their fans, those hateful idiots that are setting fires and overturning cars, don't deserve your nice words or thoughts. The strutting chest pounders who scream in your face like idiots because their team FINALLY got off the shnide don't know how to win with class, because they've never done it before. Throw a single banana into a cage full of starving monkeys, and see what happens.

Londonboy

Reaction score
First off, GREAT game! Exciting and high scoring. I'm interested in seeing the ratings. Anyone hear? Should have had the cajones to go with my gut. When I heard that there were several big time gamblers putting HUMUNGOUS amounts of money on the Eagles, I KNEW who was going to win. Those kind of guys don't lose that kind of money! Besides, the Pats had become so unpopular, so hated, that the hateful nature of the Philly fanbase didn't matter. The Eagles have a great team, and they have many great players and fans that have suffered too long. To those people I say congrats, but the majority of their fans, those hateful idiots that are setting fires and overturning cars, don't deserve your nice words or thoughts. The strutting chest pounders who scream in your face like idiots because their team FINALLY got off the shnide don't know how to win with class, because they've never done it before. Throw a single banana into a cage full of starving monkeys, and see what happens.
You end up with a DeathMonkey?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're right. There are plenty of deserving Eagles fans. Ya gotta feel good for that 99 year old at the game last night. He can die happy now!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right. There are plenty of deserving Eagles fans. Ya gotta feel good for that 99 year old at the game last night. He can die happy now!
I met some really nice Philly fans when I lived in PA and they hugged me when we won our only game in 89. It is easy to let the aholes represent the fandom, and they surely have a lot of them, but there are some just plain folks that have been longtime fans and embarrassed by the behavior of those aholes for a very long time.

And guys, this could be a lot worse. That HC could be Buddy Ryan or Chip Kelly. Pederson is a good HC.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I met some really nice Philly fans when I lived in PA and they hugged me when we won our only game in 89. It is easy to let the aholes represent the fandom, and they surely have a lot of them, but there are some just plain folks that have been longtime fans and embarrassed by the behavior of those aholes for a very long time.

And guys, this could be a lot worse. That HC could be Buddy Ryan or Chip Kelly. Pederson is a good HC.
Oh, good point, CC! If it had been either of those coaches, it would be much more irritating!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey Runny, how about Jaworski or McChunky as the QB? Keeps getting better, doesn't it?
I actually don't have a problem with Jaws. He's dorky and chubby, and he should play the role of the fat kid from The Goonies if they ever make a "60 years later" sequel....but he seems like a decent person.
I remember you saying several times that you don't like him. What did I miss with him that makes you dislike him so much?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually don't have a problem with Jaws. He's dorky and chubby, and he should play the role of the fat kid from The Goonies if they ever make a "60 years later" sequel....but he seems like a decent person.
I remember you saying several times that you don't like him. What did I miss with him that makes you dislike him so much?
How he got the nickname "Jaws". He ran his mouth more than a CB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing to do with His name then.
It was a coincidence but it was because he ran his mouth a lot. I don't know of another QB that did that to the extent he did. I didn't like him for that but his teammates sure did.

ESisback

Reaction score
It was a coincidence but it was because he ran his mouth a lot. I don't know of another QB that did that to the extent he did. I didn't like him for that but his teammates sure did.
The Polish Rifle, Philly's version of Joe Theisman!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Polish Rifle, Philly's version of Joe Theisman!
Yep and a good comparison except Jaworski seems to be a good guy and well liked. I heard that in that Monday night game, the LT that was blocking Taylor said "don't forget to make a wish" as he blew past him.

And Jaworski and McChunky had something in common, they loved to play and beat the Cowboys.

CapnB

Reaction score
For some reason, I just couldn't hate Philly. THAT'S how much I hate NE. Plus, my brother is a Philly fan. He started this after being a Browns fan for years and they sold the team. So, in a way he's suffered long enough.
Don't get me wrong, Philly is still a S hole, but I respect the way they played this season. You'd be unfair to not imo.

I remember saying in week 6 they were the best team and some at the old forums called me some names for doing so. It was pretty evident early on they were one of, if not the top team in the league.