Fireside Chat

Xelda

Reaction score
AHHHH! I hated The English Patient with a vengeance. If you stuck around until the end, weren't you jumping for joy when the guy pushed all the drugs to the nurse? My ex loved it. I don't live in Texas and I'm not a sheep, but I can be mean if pushed. We can continue our love for the Cowboys in unity.

kskboys

Reaction score
AHHHH! I hated The English Patient with a vengeance. If you stuck around until the end, weren't you jumping for joy when the guy pushed all the drugs to the nurse? My ex loved it. I don't live in Texas and I'm not a sheep, but I can be mean if pushed. We can continue our love for the Cowboys in unity.
There's a good mean and a bad mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did finish that craptastic event, but man was that a bad movie. Can't say that I even remember what happened at the end. I was prolly comatose by that time!!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've gone to vodka cranberry juice in the morning. Makes it easier to convince myself that it's not that bad for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A fine libation and a healthy choice. I used to make my Mary's with V8 and would only stop after I couldn't name the 8 vegetables any longer. The tell was when I couldn't identify tomato juice.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hey while we're Post Jacking, what movie does everyone absolutely hate? There may be a thread for it, but I don't think I've found it. Coach's vote is for Mama Mia. Runny and I secretly believe he's putting up a fuss so we'll take him to see part 2. Since ksk and I have both suffered through The English Patient, that would probably be our choice. I could list movies that I refuse to watch for some reason or another that might surprise a few. The Sound of Music is one I refuse to watch. Never again on The Wizard of Oz. The munchkins gave me the creeps as much as the flying monkeys. I don't get Woody Allen or Monty Python. There, I said it!

I'm finally watching All or Nothing. So many smiles, tears and ulcers to be had. Lastly, these men need to control their mouths. Intelligent transference of intentions and/or thoughts cannot be intensified through repeated use of the "f" word. Marinelli showing the defense wild life attacks on film is amusing. I'm both sympathetic towards and frustrated with Dez. Much frustration with Jason Garrett. Jerry Jones should hire people to do the cussing for him. It demeans his stature as the owner of the Cowboys. This also showed the suffering Zeke did through the season. I'm far from through, but I'm having a blast watching it.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey while we're Post Jacking, what movie does everyone absolutely hate? There may be a thread for it, but I don't think I've found it. Coach's vote is for Mama Mia. Runny and I secretly believe he's putting up a fuss so we'll take him to see part 2. Since ksk and I have both suffered through The English Patient, that would probably be our choice. I could list movies that I refuse to watch for some reason or another that might surprise a few. The Sound of Music is one I refuse to watch. Never again on The Wizard of Oz. The munchkins gave me the creeps as much as the flying monkeys. I don't get Woody Allen or Monty Python. There, I said it!

I'm finally watching All or Nothing. So many smiles, tears and ulcers to be had. Lastly, these men need to control their mouths. Intelligent transference of intentions and/or thoughts cannot be intensified through repeated use of the "f" word. Marinelli showing the defense wild life attacks on film is amusing. I'm both sympathetic towards and frustrated with Dez. Much frustration with Jason Garrett. Jerry Jones should hire people to do the cussing for him. It demeans his stature as the owner of the Cowboys. This also showed the suffering Zeke did through the season. I'm far from through, but I'm having a blast watching it.
I don't get: SNL. Blues Brothers. Seinfeld. Friends. Reality TV. Harry Potter.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You don't get Monty Python??? I don't even know you anymore!

I refuse to ever watch Titanic, because I hate the fact that they turned one of the worst tragedies in our history into a love story......starring that cocky little puke, DiCrapio, no less!

As for the movie I hate: Beaches - My ex made me watch it with her, because it was her favorite movie. 45 minutes before the end, she starts crying, thinking about (spoiler alert!) the Bette Midler's friend dying at the end. What a piece of crap.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Spoiler alert.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Greatest showman. I wanted to punch everyone in the theater in the face 5 minutes in.

To be fair, I didn't know it was a musical. But that did add to the blood boiling murderous rage I developed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here's the kicker, I like ABBA's music and always have. And you would think that a dutiful husband after watching every episode of Sex and the City AND taking her to see the movie, my dues would have been paid up for eternity but no, I had to fall for Mama Mia.

In all fairness, I do not like musicals and hate Disney animated films with those lame songs. When my Mom first took me to see musicals, I didn't know if she was trying to "gay" me up so she'd get free hair stylin' and interior design but I went for the snacks. But the first ones I was subjected to were very confusing because they'd just start singing for no apparent reason other than it was called a musical. And they'd stand in front of sets built by Mrs. Jorgenson's 4th grade class and either sing up to the sky or in someone's face. I'd watch that and think 'what if they have bad breath' or 'how do they keep from laughing'?

I have no idea how they can have a Mama Mia II, they sang every freakin' song ABBA even considered recording. The only thing worse than the singing was the acting and dialogue when they weren't singing. I not only hate the movie, I hate the people in it. I even hate everyone that went to see it and liked it and that is the first question I ask when first meeting someone. The first is "did you see Mama Mia"? The second one is "did you feel like murdering a village when leaving the theater"? If they say yes, we can be friends.

Ya know my idea of a good musical? A Knight's Tale, now that's a musical.

Xelda

Reaction score
Spoiler alert.
If you haven't seen the movie, I just added 23 hours to your life. Approximately 3 hours of watching it and 20 hours of griping about it. You are welcome.

I never saw the original Mamma Mia and I already know I'm not going to see the second one. I read a review that said "You know it's a bad movie when the people on the screen appear to be the only ones having fun". UGH! Sex and the City didn't make any sense to me. Kim Catrall was a hoot though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you haven't seen the movie, I just added 23 hours to your life. Approximately 3 hours of watching it and 20 hours of griping about it. You are welcome.

I never saw the original Mamma Mia and I already know I'm not going to see the second one. I read a review that said "You know it's a bad movie when the people on the screen appear to be the only ones having fun". UGH! Sex and the City didn't make any sense to me. Kim Catrall was a hoot though.
I was just joshing ya, I'm always appreciative of someone telling me a movie is bad.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, she was the only worthwhile thing about the whole series and there were some good lines in the series. But when they would try and lock an episode up with philosophical conclusions, I had to bite my tongue, staple my lips together an submerge my head in a bucket. Only later did I find out my wife thought it was as stupid as I did.

kskboys

Reaction score
Now the opposite: My guilty pleasures: (That means stuff we're not supposed to like): Figure skating. Air Supply. Musicals. Love stories(Only good ones).

How about y'all, what are some things you shouldn't like, but do?

ESisback

Reaction score
Here's the kicker, I like ABBA's music and always have. And you would think that a dutiful husband after watching every episode of Sex and the City AND taking her to see the movie, my dues would have been paid up for eternity but no, I had to fall for Mama Mia.

In all fairness, I do not like musicals and hate Disney animated films with those lame songs. When my Mom first took me to see musicals, I didn't know if she was trying to "gay" me up so she'd get free hair stylin' and interior design but I went for the snacks. But the first ones I was subjected to were very confusing because they'd just start singing for no apparent reason other than it was called a musical. And they'd stand in front of sets built by Mrs. Jorgenson's 4th grade class and either sing up to the sky or in someone's face. I'd watch that and think 'what if they have bad breath' or 'how do they keep from laughing'?

I have no idea how they can have a Mama Mia II, they sang every freakin' song ABBA even considered recording. The only thing worse than the singing was the acting and dialogue when they weren't singing. I not only hate the movie, I hate the people in it. I even hate everyone that went to see it and liked it and that is the first question I ask when first meeting someone. The first is "did you see Mama Mia"? The second one is "did you feel like murdering a village when leaving the theater"? If they say yes, we can be friends.

Ya know my idea of a good musical? A Knight's Tale, now that's a musical.

Yes, I too, hate Mama Mia with an unholy passion. I despise musicals, because just when I get immersed in the story, some CHOWDERHEAD bursts into song, which breaks the illusion totally. Secondly, when I see not only a respected Oscar winning actor singing lame pop tunes, but also .007 in a bad suit competing with Peter Firth to be Amanda Seyfried’s deadbeat Dada...I get a tad annoyed about the lack of quality filmmaking in Hollyweird these days.