First chosen coach to jump wins?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I answered your question before even replying to you in my initial response to the OP that you quoted. As was just laid out for you.

I'll dictate where this goes, and this conversation is over.
Lol..As I figured you didn’t have an answer in why either would come to Dallas.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol..As I figured you didn’t have an answer in why either would come to Dallas.

So you're admitting you can't read?
And even in the original question I just gave my opinion to two options at OC, had no opinion on if they'd come here or not. You literally can't be this stupid.

You could do your research and figure it out. For example Haley hasn't had a job since mid last season, so he would come here for opportunity to coach again without any competition.
Other reasons for them to come here?
Saints have an older team, no 1st rounder, cap issues, with a QB that's over 40 years old. You wouldn't know that, but you could at least try to learn! It's public knowledge it isn't that hard.

Do your own research and learn how to read and you won't come off as a clueless dumb *** lmao

Lol lol lol lol just give it up. When you quote me you get embarrassed

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you're admitting you can't read?
And even in the original question I just gave my opinion to two options at OC, had no opinion on if they'd come here or not. You literally can't be this stupid.

You could do your research and figure it out. For example Haley hasn't had a job since mid last season, so he would come here for opportunity to coach again without any competition.
Other reasons for them to come here?
Saints have an older team, no 1st rounder, cap issues, with a QB that's over 40 years old. You wouldn't know that, but you could at least try to learn! It's public knowledge it isn't that hard.

Do your own research and learn how to read and you won't come off as a clueless dumb *** lmao

Lol lol lol lol just give it up. When you quote me you get embarrassed
I wasn’t interested in the options , only why would they want to come to Dallas. And you finally at least partially answered it. Thanks . I guess despite the need for you to personally attack me.

My point which you obviously missed wasn’t criticizing your response but rather responding in general why would they be intetested in coming to Dallas if had other options?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wasn’t interested in the options , only why would they want to come to Dallas. And you finally at least partially answered it. Thanks . I guess despite the need for you to personally attack me.

My point which you obviously missed wasn’t criticizing your response but rather responding in general why would they be intetested in coming to Dallas if had other options?
"I wasn't interested in the options, only why they would come here"
Literally the first thing you said to me was "who would you want to come here" LMAO you can't make this **** up

So me saying that the OC position becomes more desirable with Garrett not being extending and being on the last year of his deal to make his path to the HC more clear, WHICH IS THE VERY FIRST THING YOU QUOTED OF MINE, isn't telling you why they'd come here? "At least partially"? Like you don't understand that OCs would want to take a job where the path to being an HC is greater? Was that the reason for the entire disagreement? Okay if it was I'll help you. The main goal of 99% of coaches is to become the HC, so OCs eventually want to get up there(Like Todd in Cleveland). Hope that clears some things up for you.

I tried to end the conversation civally earlier, then you come back with something stupid like "I knew you couldn't answer it lol", after I already had.....twice. LOL.

Okay end discussion again, if you need more football lessons let me know!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"I wasn't interested in the options, only why they would come here"
Literally the first thing you said to me was "who would you want to come here" LMAO you can't make this **** up

So me saying that the OC position becomes more desirable with Garrett not being extending and being on the last year of his deal to make his path to the HC more clear, WHICH IS THE VERY FIRST THING YOU QUOTED OF MINE, isn't telling you why they'd come here? "At least partially"? Like you don't understand that OCs would want to take a job where the path to being an HC is greater? Was that the reason for the entire disagreement? Okay if it was I'll help you. The main goal of 99% of coaches is to become the HC, so OCs eventually want to get up there(Like Todd in Cleveland). Hope that clears some things up for you.
Yes, that was the first question but why must it be the last? Once you responded I had another question.

My bigger point is why would they want to come here to Dallas in this dysfunctional organization rather than other more normal situations unless those phones weren’t ringing?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes, that was the first question but why must it be the last? Once you responded I had another question.

My bigger point is why would they want to come here to Dallas in this dysfunctional organization rather than other more normal situations unless those phones weren’t ringing?

Not extending Garrett makes it much more easy to attract a top notch OC because there is a much clearer path to the HC position.

Far from making it impossible.

Other than that I agree.
Idk how many ways to show you I answered that before you asked it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Idk how many ways to show you I answered that before you asked it.
So, you believe if a top notch OC comes in here but doesn’t have enough success offensively to save Garretts job he will be promoted anyway? How do you see that scenario playing out?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Payton will never jump ship while Brees is playing at a high level, and even if Brees does retire, I think Payton would rather try a new QB than change teams if his roster is still loaded. It'd probably take two .500 seasons or worse until he even considered leaving.

Riley... everyone wants Riley. I just can't see Dallas being his #1 option with Jerry Jones running the show. He's going to want more control than what the Joneses typically provide.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One problem with this and the main reason Garrett is going nowhere.

Does anyone here think Booger is going to admit failure at yet another one of the GM's jobs, training a HC? He is not admitting defeat and hiring a HC that would receive credit. In Booger's mind, that SOB Bill Parcells failed but the truth is even a HC with proven credentials couldn't help train this GM. I believe Booger is glad Parcells was not successful because he believes that elevates his stature as a GM.

If he were to hire Payton, they would have to figure out how to arrange it so that Booger gets the credit. Remember what pissed Johnson off enough to have to be talked into being in the war room during the draft by Wannstedt? Booger wanted Jimmy to look at him before each pick to send the message he was part of that process and giving his final approval. Pretty understandable why they didn't give Booger what he wanted at that bar that night it all come undone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton will never jump ship while Brees is playing at a high level, and even if Brees does retire, I think Payton would rather try a new QB than change teams if his roster is still loaded. It'd probably take two .500 seasons or worse until he even considered leaving.

Riley... everyone wants Riley. I just can't see Dallas being his #1 option with Jerry Jones running the show. He's going to want more control than what the Joneses typically provide.
Does Dallas still have that "resume effect" that Parcells spoke of when taking the job? I would at first say no but this team hasn't won squat in over two decades but is still story #1.

And I have no idea, that is just a question. How important is it to a coach to be able to say Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys? We all have our opinions about the status of that but not within the coaching ranks.

As far as carrying any weight with Booger, Riley does have a relationship already established and Booger struck gold once with a college guy fresh from one of the top recruiting schools in the country.

The question is how well does Riley transition to the NFL game? If it were me, I'd pass on a Big 12 coach and AZ is going to regret that move.