Twitter: First practice of training camp Twitter thread

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eventually, this'll just be part of the uniforms in the NFL.

The shiny helmets are a great marketing canvas, but they're not ideal for player safety, which should be first.

I'm not sure how much they help, but if they help it all it's worth it.
Steve Tasker (Bills) had a helmet cap back in the early nineties. It was a fiberglass shell with foam padding and painted to match the helmet. It would pop of occasionally.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Man, the guy screaming at Micah in the background . . . just shut up, dude. Let the guy practice. I always hated people acting like that at TC. I could have met several Cowboys players. But the only one I ever met was Jason Witten, and my ex just wanted his autograph for her dad because he liked Witten. He was super nice to her, and the other few standing around him.

If I go, I just stand around, out of everyone's way, and watch from a distance. I'm not deluded to think that they'll remember me or even care. Plus, they're trying to freaking practice, so I simply admire from afar.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always felt like Helman had a big issue with Broaddus. And Broaddus was just being himself. Glad to see Broaddus back, actually. He may not be a great scout, but he's pretty entertaining.
He has aged faster than anybody I've seen.

He looks older than Jerry now...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Steve Tasker (Bills) had a helmet cap back in the early nineties. It was a fiberglass shell with foam padding and painted to match the helmet. It would pop of occasionally.

Didn’t Dana stubblefield ised to wear some kind of extra protection on his helmet? Idk if it was stubblefield for sure but it was one of the niners DL players back in the 90’s

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He has aged faster than anybody I've seen.

He looks older than Jerry now...

I think he's up there quite a bit though. I would say late 50s, early 60s right?

Not like he's 45 anymore.

But, check this out. While I'm talking to you, I was googling for how old Broaddus actually was, because I never thought about it (although I agree he's aged quite a bit in a few years), and there's a player at LSU, named Bryan Broaddus. He's a 6'3'' 232 pound center, hometown Dallas.

I'm thinking that's prolly his son, yes?

Is he any good?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's an interesting list of UDFA players on the PUP list. Does this mean the team can hold onto them without letting them hit the market?
They still count towards the 90 man roster.

NFI gives the team the option to keep them during the season without counting against the 53 man roster. If a player practices 1 rep in training camp he is not eligible for NFI or PUP.

NFI also changes the injury settlement rules. Basically they don't get one if cut while injured.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They still count towards the 90 man roster.

NFI gives the team the option to keep them during the season without counting against the 53 man roster. If a player practices 1 rep in training camp he is not eligible for NFI or PUP.

NFI also changes the injury settlement rules. Basically they don't get one if cut while injured.

I like that. I can see a guy like Drummond benefitting from that. But I was really looking forward to seeing him in camp.

So, let me get this straight, though. He can't practice at all. But can we place him directly onto the 53? Of course, he'd take the place of someone else. But that's possible, right?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that. I can see a guy like Drummond benefitting from that. But I was really looking forward to seeing him in camp.

So, let me get this straight, though. He can't practice at all. But can we place him directly onto the 53? Of course, he'd take the place of someone else. But that's possible, right?

They can take him off NFI at anytime during camp.

If they keep him on NFI after the cut to 53, then he can't play the first 8 games.

All except Clark are likely to be removed from NFI during camp.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They can take him off NFI at anytime during camp.

If they keep him on NFI after the cut to 53, then he can't play the first 8 games.

All except Clark are likely to be removed from NFI during camp.

Roger that.

I remember hearing someone talking about this on YouTube. Then I forgot the rule because it was late and I was tired. Thanks for the reply.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Those Great Gazoo helmets are hilarious

The_Great_Gazoo.png

I remember Mark Kelso playing with one.

Mark_Kelso%27s_special_helmet_%283813492425%29.jpg