Audio: First Take: Troy Aikman "Pay Dak Prescott ASAP"

Frozen700

Reaction score
Pay him?

Why so when he ends up being the average glorified bus driver that most of us know he is, we can go back and say Jerry is an idiot, laugh at the contracts we have handed out, ect...

I said to get rid of him and Zeke....look we paid Zeke and he is fat and happy. Not even top 5 anymore. Pay Dak, it's even much worse.

#DonypayDak

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's at a point now the longer you wait more it's probably going to cost........but somehow I have feeling this is being blown way out of proportion. Dak will sign a structured team-friendly deal willingly ..........IMO

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Pay him?

Why so when he ends up being the average glorified bus driver that most of us know he is, we can go back and say Jerry is an idiot, laugh at the contracts we have handed out, ect...

I said to get rid of him and Zeke....look we paid Zeke and he is fat and happy. Not even top 5 anymore. Pay Dak, it's even much worse.

#DonypayDak

What a stupid post

JBS

Reaction score
Pay him?

#DonypayDak

You still show your face around here?

Qcard

Reaction score
Pay him?

#DonypayDak
Who exactly is "Most of us"???

That is you @PAPPYDOG , @Risen Star (cycles on and off) and what freaking army

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Troy Aikman was nowhere in that video

Kellerman, or whatever is name is, has got to be the biggest buffoon of all buffoons.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
It needs to be a priority but it needs to be done smart so it doesn’t kill the salary cap.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's at a point now the longer you wait more it's probably going to cost........but somehow I have feeling this is being blown way out of proportion. Dak will sign a structured team-friendly deal willingly ..........IMO

I honestly don't think it matters. I mean, I want to specifically see what he does down the stretch. I especially want to see what he does against the Pats. The team says they've offered him top 5 money and for a long term. Dak's camp says they want 40 and for a short term deal. There has to be a middle point here because I don't see the team paying him the highest contract in the league for only a few years, so that they can end up right back where they are now in a couple of seasons. I get why Dak and his agent want that but it's not going to happen IMO. I am not against paying Dak, if he shows that he is among the top two or three guys in the league. No part of me believes any of these guys are worth what they are getting paid but whatever. I would actually rather pay more to a guy I know is going to be that guyd, rather then over pay and find out we were wrong. That's just how I look at it.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak has started every game for 4 years, while earning less than 1% of the salary cap over that period.

If the Cowboys can’t capitalize on the biggest bargain 4-year QB contract in history, they never will.

Dak should get a massive amount of $$$. He’s earned it. I’d tell him to forget any team-friendly nonsense. The team has already gotten that.

Qcard

Reaction score
I honestly don't think it matters. I mean, I want to specifically see what he does down the stretch. I especially want to see what he does against the Pats. The team says they've offered him top 5 money and for a long term. Dak's camp says they want 40 and for a short term deal. There has to be a middle point here because I don't see the team paying him the highest contract in the league for only a few years, so that they can end up right back where they are now in a couple of seasons. I get why Dak and his agent want that but it's not going to happen IMO. I am not against paying Dak, if he shows that he is among the top two or three guys in the league. No part of me believes any of these guys are worth what they are getting paid but whatever. I would actually rather pay more to a guy I know is going to be that guyd, rather then over pay and find out we were wrong. That's just how I look at it.
Therein lies your disconnect.. the Cowboys organization believe he's the guy and Troy Aikman went full Dak yesterday

You will show up to the party late, sober and with no alcohol :thumbup:

Reactions: CWR

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Hardly. Your kind represents the minority. Appealing to the majority instantly exposes your agenda.

I wonder if being burned on every single big contract we gave out this past offseason is affecting his opinion?

Reaction score
Pay him?

#DonypayDak
Sorry, but your credibility is shot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pay him?

#DonypayDak
So, you are clinging to him being a 322 yard per game bus driver. lol Hang in there buddy. It may be next week or next year or in 10-12 years, but if you hold onto this long enough Dak will slow down.