Reaction score

Zrinkill : I hate that site so much

Now he's back

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fair about Aikman but we both agree he has Jerry's cellphone number. We don't....just quantifying opinions lol.

But, the Cowboys do have a lot to lose waiting it out. Dak could be that good too. The price tag started $28-$32 mil per in Training. Today Dak is good enough to bring other GMs to the table. I'd argue Dak's biggest fan is Mahomes because whatever the Cowboys pay Dak being the highest paid QB won't last a season.

If Dak tanks down the season then he'll be graded as QB FA by wins, production and intangibles. You don't find "Dak's" in Texaco as Parcells eloquently stated (those were the greatest DC HC pressers).

Waiting has a cost both ways. Cowboys waiting this long has given Dak more leverage. If they beat New England, they can't hide Dak doing it, price tag raises and more GMs come to the table. Belichick will command rain, snow and wind for Qtrs of his choice.
Cousins looks like a bargain...Dak is a better QB and passer.

I don't see as the team has much of a choice here. As I said previously, the ball is in Dak's court. If he has chosen not to sign until after the season, which is exactly what I believe he and his agent are doing, then it doesn't matter. Unless, of course, you are suggesting that the team does go ahead and elect to pay out a short term, record deal. If that is the case, then it really doesn't matter at all. We will be be right back where we are now right after the QB of the month signs a deal for even more money and we are basically screwed.

As far as the statement, "You don't find Dak's at Texaco", I have to disagree. I mean, Dak is kinda proof that you can, in fact, find them there, so to speak. This team has a history of it. Dak in the 4th round, Tony as an Undrafted FA and Roger in the 12th round.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dak will be resigned to the highest NFL contract in December. Jerry did not resign Aikman who had delivered a Super Bowl until December with 1 year left on his contract.

It would be foolish to enter the playoffs and the only interview question will be about Dak Prescott without a contract. So Jerry is not going to ruin the Cowboys brand about being a cheap skate to a QB that wins. Because he gave Romo $108M for 1 playoff wild card win, it would be an extremely bad look not to sign Dak before the end of the season.

The Prescott family will have a great Christmas.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan, but the man is putting up MVP numbers and in my opinion he should have got paid before Tank. Actually him and Coop should get paid before anyone on this horrendous defense. The longer Dak plays, especially with Zeke looking pedestrian out there, the more he will cost which will only make locking up the other pieces that much more difficult.

Are you an Eagles fan then?

kento40

Reaction score
Are you an Eagles fan then?
Not at all. We don't have a backup on the team better than Dak, we're not going to exactly go out there and draft a QB or at least not one high enough to take a chance. Why not pay the man? He's contributed more, by far than Tank has and him and coop are almost as good a duo as Romo and TO were. He's going to add another pro bowl to his belt, maybe another playoff win or two and finish the season as an MVP candidate. All things that will be brought to the negotiation table. Pay him before you can't afford him, because the way it looks now, both pieces are going to break the bank.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't understand this "Pay The Man" thing. I mean, do you guys believe that Jerry and the team have not offered a deal that is among the top offers in the NFL? Does anybody really believe that? If this is true, then wouldn't it be a case where it is Dak's camp who is responsible for making a decision on signing a contract?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not at all. We don't have a backup on the team better than Dak, we're not going to exactly go out there and draft a QB or at least not one high enough to take a chance. Why not pay the man? He's contributed more, by far than Tank has and him and coop are almost as good a duo as Romo and TO were. He's going to add another pro bowl to his belt, maybe another playoff win or two and finish the season as an MVP candidate. All things that will be brought to the negotiation table. Pay him before you can't afford him, because the way it looks now, both pieces are going to break the bank.

I asked because you said you were not a Dak fan. Which would be impossible if you liked the Cowboys. To get lucky on this kid in the 4th round and to have him turn into the player that he is has been unreal.