First Things First FOX:The Cowboys should try to trade Dak Prescott for Draft picks

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything that was said. But is there really any team that would take on his contract/contract extension?

Additionally, why would any teams fan base think, if he couldn't do it in Dallas it isn't a problem because he could here.
Because of all the pressure and glamour that comes with the Cowboys. Change of scenery is a thing.

Dak isn't a bad QB. It takes a certain mindset to be able to play QB for the Cowboys and Dak struggles the most when he has pressure.

Playing on a different team would take away that pressure and he could be a hometown hero for some team.

Just look what the Lions are doing, they won a playoff game and that city acts like they won a Superbowl.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If you're going to cite a fallacy then make sure you know what it means. The sunk cost is the Cowboys perspective. I'm talking about Dak's perspective.

You want to pay him a bunch of money to stay healthy for a year and then hit free agency? I'm sure he and his agent would be just fine with that.
No, they would not. Being inactive would hurt Dak big time. He'd waive his no trade clause the minute he's told he's no longer the starter, and so would you.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
What do you think he could get for draft picks? I bet we could get a first rounder. Not a high one though which is what we want to find his replacement.

They're talking like Dak could get Matthew Stafford trade picks. I don't see it happening.
No Stafford was the #1 overall pick because he had/has ELITE arm talent.

As soon as they put him on a good team in LA he immediately won a SB.

That's not Dak.

Could dak POSSIBLY get a pick at the very end of RD1? Not sure how that happens...because although he might be worth the overall 30th pick, most teams that are good enough to be picking in the 20s already have a QB better, or even WAY better than Dak.

He could get us a 2nd rounder though....if not for the contract and no trade

khiladi

Reaction score

sunk-cost fallacy​

noun
the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.
"the sunk-cost fallacy creeps into a lot of major financial decisions"

.....I am beginning to think, with the “ anon “ inter team rumblings after the game.....keeping Dak could shatter the locker room
You have any link about these sources and what they said? Are you referring to the Dak panics after the first read comment?

khiladi

Reaction score
So my choice is to collect $34 million in cash for 2024 (cash, not cap hit), take no lumps, then be a healthy free agent in 2025. Or, accept a trade to somewhere I don't want to go. There are enough teams desperate for a starting QB in this league, every year, that Dak would have suitors as a free agent in 2025. Ask Kirk Cousins.

I'm not Dak nor his agent, but come at me with that and I'm calling your bluff. Pay me, sit me, and if my replacement stinks sell continuing to play him to the rest of the roster, 52 other players (and coaches) who want to win and get paid for winning. Meanwhile, I'm going to make some popcorn and wait for free agency.
Dalton had 4 games where they scored close to 35 PPG with a mess at OL and Zach Martin bring shelved.

Cooper Rush, who sucks, was 4-1, 5-1 overall with the same roster as Dak 1:1 in a conservative offense, let alone making it more open.

We’ve already seen Dak sit. The only way who looks better is when they play DeNucci and start snapping the ball to Zeke with DeNucci lined up as a WR..

sbark

Reaction score
You have any link about these sources and what they said? Are you referring to the Dak panics after the first read comment?
Yup and CD early game demeanor that brought on MM sideline discussion.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has a no-trade clause. He has no reason to waive it to go to a smaller, less marketable franchise. It would only lessen his value for everything off the field.

If they could trade him I'd listen. But since they can't, this is just useless noise. It became that the moment Stephen and Jerry agreed to the no-trade clause.

Nick Wright knows this - it's easy to find. But he also knows there are Cowboys fans who don't, and will hang on every word at the thought of trading Dak.
What does being benched do for marketability?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Force his hand by paying him tens of millions of dollars to sit one year, take no lumps, and then hit free agency? Man, I'd love to negotiate with some of you.
If he has even one single atom of pride and competitiveness he would demand a trade. If he didn't demand it, you still made the right choice benching him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If he has even one single atom of pride and competitiveness he would demand a trade. If he didn't demand it, you still made the right choice benching him.
Yes. Please force me to take $58M and watch from the sideline. I will negotiate with you all day.

Creeper

Reaction score
No team is going to give premium picks for Dak and pay him that much. He’s only that valuable to Jerry. Those QB needy teams in the top 10 aren’t going to trade for an aging and slow (in football terms) Dak Prescott (and my gosh does he look slow, I think Drew Bledsoe might have faster feet) when they can get the young guy they want for way cheaper, I think the Cowboys could get a low 1st and most likely a 2nd for Dak. I do not see any team making him the highest paid player except for the Cowboys. lol. Jerry over values all of his players. He extremely over values Dak because he sees Dak as a great GM decision he made. But, they didn’t want to pay him last time, so I think there is slight possibility they do not. We will see
I have no idea what you mean by premium picks, but the Rams gave up 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 threes, and Jared Goff for Stafford. I think Dak would bring at least 2 Number 1s even with the contract he will sign. People don't pay QBs so much money because they grown on trees or they are worth nothing. If Jerry is going to trade Dak he should expect compensation for a top 10 QB.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Yes. Please force me to take $58M and watch from the sideline. I will negotiate with you all day.
Unfortunately you will never get to make that choice.

He couldn't handle the humiliation.
He actually believes he's worth $60M.

Plus the money is lost anyway.