First Things First FOX:The Cowboys should try to trade Dak Prescott for Draft picks

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has a no trade clause. But trading him / convincing him to accept a trade isn’t impossible. You force his hand. We aren’t extending you. You won’t even play. We are starting lance. Of course he will have a say in where he goes but it’s far from impossible to convince him to leave. But this will never happen. Our FO is too dumb.
That's what a real team would do. Open the competition. Or just plain bench him. If he won;t be traded and we lose more to cut him....have a seat feller.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that isn’t how it works. If you think he wants to sit on the bench , you aren’t being realistic
Of course he doesn't WANT to. Nobody said that. It certainly is an option somewhere on the menu. Maybe he will then agree to a trade, maybe not. So sit, and we'll see what a good leader and team mate he really is.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He has a no trade clause. But trading him / convincing him to accept a trade isn’t impossible. You force his hand. We aren’t extending you. You won’t even play. We are starting lance. Of course he will have a say in where he goes but it’s far from impossible to convince him to leave. But this will never happen. Our FO is too dumb.

Exactly, basically tell him he will be the back up for his last season. I think he'd budge. If not oh well..I'm all for going a different route ar QB. Qbs that win SB's don't look afraid under pressure the way Dak has in all of our recent playoff losses.

tico

Reaction score
It's sad that these talk shows have all the stat researchers at their disposal and yet miss the biggest factor in Daks contract "NO TRADE" but are so desperate for views they do it anyways

JBS

Reaction score
Exactly, basically tell him he will be the back up for his last season. I think he'd budge. If not oh well..I'm all for going a different route ar QB. Qbs that win SB's don't look afraid under pressure the way Dak has in all of our recent playoff losses.
100% he would budge bc he needs a new contract somewhere. If he’s 100% not getting one here, it makes 0 sense for him to not budge.

JBS

Reaction score
Of course he doesn't WANT to. Nobody said that. It certainly is an option somewhere on the menu. Maybe he will then agree to a trade, maybe not. So sit, and we'll see what a good leader and team mate he really is.
He will budge 100%.

csirl

Reaction score
"No trade clause" only means a player cant be traded against his will. Any term in a contract can be changed if all parties agree.

I dont understand the view that Dak should only return or be extended if he agrees to a lower salary. Not good enough is not good enough regardless of the salary.

June 1st cut is the best financial optiion as its manageable from a cap, playing* and financial perspective. Why spend a cent more on a failed project?

* We wont have a 2nd contract QB in 2024 so the dead money has less impact on the field. Can go with 1st rounder v Lance in training camp - both on rookie deals.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dak Sucks
Same people “hey let’s trade him for picks”
Never ceases to amaze me the rationale I see posted here

Dak isn’t going nowhere the cowboys could call his bluff but look for an extension soon so all the other dominoes can fall into place

Dak could help his cause by giving team a friendly deal so the team could be aggressive in offseason but if I were his agent why would I encourage that

The same ones who say that no other team besides the Cowboys would see any value or worth in Dak. I'm all for moving on from him but never got this logic either.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Sucks
Same people “hey let’s trade him for picks”
Never ceases to amaze me the rationale I see posted here

Dak isn’t going nowhere the cowboys could call his bluff but look for an extension soon so all the other dominoes can fall into place

Dak could help his cause by giving team a friendly deal so the team could be aggressive in offseason but if I were his agent why would I encourage that
The other side of the coin...there always is....

Dak is a GREAT QB hampered by the team and Jerry. So why would he have trade value? Dak wouldn't be the first good QB to get traded and go on to win a SB.

But if there are no buyers would that tell you?

starfan1

Reaction score
The other side of the coin...there always is....

Dak is a GREAT QB hampered by the team and Jerry. So why would he have trade value? Dak wouldn't be the first good QB to get traded and go on to win a SB.

But if there are no buyers would that tell you?
probably tell you the cowboys are the only team dumb enough to pay that cabbage. Dak isnt going anywhere my guess is hell be locked up before FA which i dont particularly care. But if they do not go all in on a defensive fix it wont matter who is there

Dak is what he is. A top 10 REGULAR season QB and a bottom 5 post season one till he proves elsewhise

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I get the narrative, I really do. Dak totally sucked against the Packers so his future with the team NEEDS to be addressed.

But I would be less concerned if Dak was the only issue. Because whether or not everyone wants to admit it, the Cowboys could have had the best performance by any QB in NFL history Sunday against Green Bay and they still would have lost.

That's how bad the entire team and coaching staff was. And why I am so upset they are simply running it back again with the same cast.

starfan1

Reaction score
I get the narrative, I really do. Dak totally sucked against the Packers so his future with the team NEEDS to be addressed.

But I would be less concerned if Dak was the only issue. Because whether or not everyone wants to admit it, the Cowboys could have had the best performance by any QB in NFL history Sunday against Green Bay and they still would have lost.

That's how bad the entire team and coaching staff was. And why I am so upset they are simply running it back again with the same cast.
they want their pound of flesh. They know the defense sucks, they know the coaching is average they know all the flaws of the team. They just want dak gone and they are going to be dissapointed. Its funny 2 weeks ago 80% of the board liked the guy

we got a crapload of wishy washy fans but I get the narrative as well. Hes a post season failure and hes expensive.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I could see Dak willing to go to a team like the Buccaneers or Browns or Jets... they have all the pieces and Dak doesn't have to do too much with those defenses being able to carry the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
What do you think he could get for draft picks? I bet we could get a first rounder. Not a high one though which is what we want to find his replacement.

They're talking like Dak could get Matthew Stafford trade picks. I don't see it happening.
I suggest you look back at the Matthew Stafford trade and look what the Rams gave up. Stafford never won anything with the Lions. The Rams gave the Lions Goff and 2 first round draft picks, 2 seconds, and two 3rds. If Dak does not get at least 2 firsts and 2 seconds, we are getting screwed on the deal.

I think some Cowboys fans are spoiled and don't appreciate 3 consecutive 12-5 season, 2 division titles and 3 consecutive trips to the playoffs. A lot of other teams would take that in a flash. I was talking to my neighbor today. He is a Giants fan as I live in NJ. He would take Dak as his QB and the Cowboys 12-5 seasons without hesitation. His team drafted a QB in the 1st round, and that has gotten them nowhere.

I have no problem trading Dak if he is willing to waive his no draft clause. But I would have a big problem not getting the proper value back for him. Giving him away just because you don't like him undervalues him and would be an incredibly bad decision. We already made that mistake with Amari Cooper. When you consider the vast majority of first round QB picks never succeed or take 5 or more years to succeed the notion that we can just trade Dak and use a pick on a QB and get to a Super Bowl is wishful thinking not common sense.

I wonder what Cowboys fans would be thinking if we traded Dak to another teams and they went 12-5, won their division, and made it to the playoffs, while the Cowboys went 5-12 and played out the string in December.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I could see Dak willing to go to a team like the Buccaneers or Browns or Jets... they have all the pieces and Dak doesn't have to do too much with those defenses being able to carry the game.
Jets and buccs doesn't make sense but maybe the browns depending on if they dump watson

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!HOW HARD IS THAT TO COMPREHEND??????? These people suck!!! Like the lady asking the Tamps Bay coach how is he going to prepare his team for the 13 degree weather there'll be playing in at Detroit.. THEY PLAY IN A DOME :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: