First time attending a Cowboys game

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So since I'm getting settled in my career (I've been a member of the Zone since I was 13) and finally have some money to spend, I'm planning on attending my first Cowboys game in person, in Dallas, this season. Any recommendations on how to make this the best experience?

jwitten82

Reaction score
So since I'm getting settled in my career (I've been a member of the Zone since I was 13) and finally have some money to spend, I'm planning on attending my first Cowboys game in person, in Dallas, this season. Any recommendations on how to make this the best experience?
Lol I remember when your username was Romo2austin, I was in high school at the time. Time sure does fly, what do u work as?

Blackspider214

Reaction score

1. Anyone attending with you?
2. Do you plan on parking at the Cowboys Stadium parking?

Reactions: JBS

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
1. Anyone attending with you?
2. Do you plan on parking at the Cowboys Stadium parking?
1) My finacee may fly in from NY depending on which game, but most likely alone as none of my friends in my new location (SF, moved here in May), are into the Cowboys
2) I'll likely use an Uber / Taxi to get around, so no.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Damn, sounds like good money. Thats cool, Im an apprentice electrician, took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do
When I was Romo 2 Austin and going through HS, my intent was joining the NYC electrician union (local 3), but I got sick and had very severe colitis which led to me having my colon removed. Simply can't do physical work, so I had to adapt and ended up pursuing finance since it is at the convergence of my two major interests which are macroeconomics and geopolitics.

Money isn't bad, it gets much better later in your career. I don't save much of anything on a month to month basis, rent in SF is insane - I pay $2,495 a month for a very very modest studio.

Jipper

Reaction score
Make sure you get miller lite club passes....its yhe bar the players walk through and an incredible experience you must have at your first game...

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Do you have seats or are you doing the party pass section (standing)?
It's a great venue. You'll have a blast.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money.
Water/sodas are $5, beers are $9.
I think Margaritas are $15.
Food is expensive and pretty so-so.
If you like Pizza they have Papa John's pizza for $8 I think?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
1) My finacee may fly in from NY depending on which game, but most likely alone as none of my friends in my new location (SF, moved here in May), are into the Cowboys
2) I'll likely use an Uber / Taxi to get around, so no.

There is a little restaurant that has been around Arlington forever. J Gilligans. It's pretty much a sports bar type restaurant but definitely not a brestauarant like Twin Peaks and Hooters. It is about a mile away from the stadium. They shuttle you back and forth for $7 if you eat or drink there. It's great. Might not be a benefit to you since you are Ubering, though. Still a good experience. It will be full of Cowboys fans all day and night on gamedays.

Texas Live was just built by the Rangers ballpark across the street and its full of restaurants and sports themed places. And there will be tons of tailgates. Most are friendly and you can walk up and mingle and get some food. We would always allow people to come to ours.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Damn, sounds like good money. Thats cool, Im an apprentice electrician, took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do
I have a couple of friends that are electricians. Seems like the enjoy what they do. I remember them being apprentices.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
My first game will be week 2 against NY. Gonna do the park and ride from a restaurant I think.

Question, how crazy are those things when going to or from the game? Will I have to wait a long time to get a shuttle after the game ends?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
When I was Romo 2 Austin and going through HS, my intent was joining the NYC electrician union (local 3), but I got sick and had very severe colitis which led to me having my colon removed. Simply can't do physical work, so I had to adapt and ended up pursuing finance since it is at the convergence of my two major interests which are macroeconomics and geopolitics.

Money isn't bad, it gets much better later in your career. I don't save much of anything on a month to month basis, rent in SF is insane - I pay $2,495 a month for a very very modest studio.

WOW! to the last part. Holy Cow. My brother use to play there but during off season he and wife always came back to NC.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
WOW! to the last part. Holy Cow. My brother use to play there but during off season he and wife always came back to NC.
It just keeps getting worse... I'm likely going to transfer back to my company's NYC office after a year or two. I had a studio double the size for $1,650 a month in NYC. SF rent rates are just insane.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Awesome
We are going to the Detroit game in a couple weeks .. my wife went all out for my 50th .. been a fan since the 70’s and this is my first ever game in Dallas .. probably will be my only game but she went through the star sports tours and did the top package at the time the United fan package .. seats are in 110 section on sideline
Comes with all bells and whistle including
2 nights at team hotel
Dallas Cowboys Player & Cheerleader Meet & Greet
Exclusive Tour of the Star
VIP Pre-Game Tailgate Party
Pre-Game Sideline Pass
VIP Private Tour of AT&T Stadium (Transportation Included)
Exclusive Photo-Op with Current and Former Cowboys
Cowboys United Membership
Daily Breakfast at Your Hotel
Welcome Package
Souvenir T-Shirt
Premium Gift

It’s expensive but being older .. probably only time I will ever get to go to ATT stadium
Hopefully it’s a win .. I am sure there are much cheaper ways but I love my wife for doing this
Good luck to your trip .. keep us posted on what you end up doing !! Have a blast and go cowboys