First time attending a Cowboys game

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Awesome
We are going to the Detroit game in a couple weeks .. my wife went all out for my 50th .. been a fan since the 70’s and this is my first ever game in Dallas .. probably will be my only game but she went through the star sports tours and did the top package at the time the United fan package .. seats are in 110 section on sideline
Comes with all bells and whistle including
2 nights at team hotel
Dallas Cowboys Player & Cheerleader Meet & Greet
Exclusive Tour of the Star
VIP Pre-Game Tailgate Party
Pre-Game Sideline Pass
VIP Private Tour of AT&T Stadium (Transportation Included)
Exclusive Photo-Op with Current and Former Cowboys
Cowboys United Membership
Daily Breakfast at Your Hotel
Welcome Package
Souvenir T-Shirt
Premium Gift

It’s expensive but being older .. probably only time I will ever get to go to ATT stadium
Hopefully it’s a win .. I am sure there are much cheaper ways but I love my wife for doing this
Good luck to your trip .. keep us posted on what you end up doing !! Have a blast and go cowboys
That sounds amazing!!! Exactly what I'm looking for. I've been screaming at the TV since I was 6 on behalf of the 'boys.

Mind sharing a link to this package.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Lifelong Cowboy fan here, but I too have never attended home game. Every game I've ever been to (including tomorrow's opener) has been away.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Lifelong Cowboy fan here, but I too have never attended home game. Every game I've ever been to (including tomorrow's opener) has been away.
I've never attended a single game home or away :(. Not any NFL game, period. My family didn't have much means..... extremely excited to be able to be a position to attend a home game.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I've never attended a single game home or away :(. Not any NFL game, period. My family didn't have much means..... extremely excited to be able to be a position to attend a home game.
My main issue is I refuse to pay plane ticket prices. They're borderline ridiculous. And I've yet to convince the old lady to ride in a car 16 hours to Dallas.

Attending CAR and WAS games this year too, as well as ATL. I booked a room in the same hotel as the team that night :D

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
My main issue is I refuse to pay plane ticket prices. They're borderline ridiculous. And I've yet to convince the old lady to ride in a car 16 hours to Dallas.

Attending CAR and WAS games this year too, as well as ATL. I booked a room in the same hotel as the team that night :D
That sounds amazing... do you know if the team using a hotel for the homegames?

Flights have thankfully come down in price significantly the past few years. I was able to do a round-trip from SF to NYC for $195 for labor day weekend.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It just keeps getting worse... I'm likely going to transfer back to my company's NYC office after a year or two. I had a studio double the size for $1,650 a month in NYC. SF rent rates are just insane.

You ever think about moving out of the city? It gets much cheaper in places like Colma, Daly City or even East Bay, just make sure it is close to a BART station. Cut your rent in half and double the space :thumbup:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Openly, I'm not sure.

I just know where they stay when they're away. Here in Charlotte, they'll be at the Westin tonight and down in ATL, they generally stay at the Omni CNN Center.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
You ever think about moving out of the city? It gets much cheaper in places like Colma, Daly City or even East Bay, just make sure it is close to a BART station. Cut your rent in half and double the space :thumbup:
I wish I could, my job requires me to pretty much be able to get into the office within 15-20 mins 24/7. Just the nature of a client-facing business.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Do the stadium tour. Eat the BBQ and tex-mex food.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish I could, my job requires me to pretty much be able to get into the office within 15-20 mins 24/7. Just the nature of a client-facing business.

Sucks but that is a lot to ask a young, new employee to pay those prices in the city. Ask for a raise :grin:

Flamma

Reaction score
So since I'm getting settled in my career (I've been a member of the Zone since I was 13) and finally have some money to spend, I'm planning on attending my first Cowboys game in person, in Dallas, this season. Any recommendations on how to make this the best experience?

I seen somewhere it said parking was 75 bucks for a Cowboys game. My recommendation is to get a friend to drive you to the game and walk the distance to the doors.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) My finacee may fly in from NY depending on which game, but most likely alone as none of my friends in my new location (SF, moved here in May), are into the Cowboys
2) I'll likely use an Uber / Taxi to get around, so no.
If you plan on using Uber, book the time/date way ahead. On game day, holidays, rush hour, etc., the fare goes up as demand increases.
Get there early, take a tour, nosh at the primo places. Enjoy!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Sucks but that is a lot to ask a young, new employee to pay those prices in the city. Ask for a raise :grin:
Hahaha, I mean thankfully in my industry we get annual bonuses. So it is tough until March, but come then I should be ok - even still, I was SHOCKED by the prices around here. I lived across the block from my office in NYC for $1,650 in a much nicer apartment, and I thought that was steep. Coming here I just couldn't believe the rates.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So since I'm getting settled in my career (I've been a member of the Zone since I was 13) and finally have some money to spend, I'm planning on attending my first Cowboys game in person, in Dallas, this season. Any recommendations on how to make this the best experience?

I recommend Baby Dolls on 157 for entertainment...

Stadium
Uber to/from.

Get seats between the 20 yard lines even if it's 4th level.

Go early.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Stadium
Uber to/from.

Go early.
Thanks man! Any hotel you'd recommend / where the team stays?

movaughn88

Reaction score

Stadium
Uber to/from.

Go early.

LOL X, just burst out laughing at this one. If his fiance comes along she might be a little surprised by Baby Dolls.

Good for you @Cowboy Brian , I've lived in NYC for 16 years (grew up in Dallas) and I've only been to 2-3 games w/ my family. I had a cousin who worked for the team a while and got us deep discounted tix (sorry, she doesn't anymore). Get ready to be absolutely blown away by the sheer size of the stadium. I've been to the new Giants stadium here and it feels like a high school field comparatively.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hahaha, I mean thankfully in my industry we get annual bonuses. So it is tough until March, but come then I should be ok - even still, I was SHOCKED by the prices around here. I lived across the block from my office in NYC for $1,650 in a much nicer apartment, and I thought that was steep. Coming here I just couldn't believe the rates.

Yea, SF is no joke, worse than NYC, Seattle or anywhere really. We were there a short time ago and paid $4800mo on the North end near Golden Gate. It didn't take us long to move out to the burbs.....specifically Pacifica.

Food, restaurants, gas, everything is outrageous. Not to mention how dirty that area has gotten :(

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yea, SF is no joke, worse than NYC, Seattle or anywhere really. We were there a short time ago and paid $4800mo on the North end near Golden Gate. It didn't take us long to move out to the burbs.....specifically Pacifica.

Food, restaurants, gas, everything is outrageous. Not to mention how dirty that area has gotten :(
1000% agreed. It is not worth the price. This isn't spotless, beautiful Dubai (which is much cheaper), this is a city that has been wrecked by homeless people and a lack of upkeep for basic infrastructure. On the plus side, getting a job here is as easy as basically saying hello. I've received job offers from Tesla and Salesforce just randomly via LinkedIn without interviewing (and without expressing or being interested).