First time attending a Cowboys game

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So since I'm getting settled in my career (I've been a member of the Zone since I was 13) and finally have some money to spend, I'm planning on attending my first Cowboys game in person, in Dallas, this season. Any recommendations on how to make this the best experience?
My brother-in-law takes his staff (An ISD outside of El Paso and I can't remember it's name right now...) to ATT Stadium every couple years and they do the tour.
He highly recommends it.
I hope it's not too late to recommend!

Otherwise, I haven't had the pleasure to go to the new stadium yet, myself and I live slightly further than a hop, skip and a jump away to make regular trips there.

I hope you have a great time!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
My brother-in-law takes his staff (An ISD outside of El Paso and I can't remember it's name right now...) to ATT Stadium every couple years and they do the tour.
He highly recommends it.
I hope it's not too late to recommend!

Otherwise, I haven't had the pleasure to go to the new stadium yet, myself and I live slightly further than a hop, skip and a jump away to make regular trips there.

I hope you have a great time!
Appreciate the tip, thanks man! I'll look into it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a little restaurant that has been around Arlington forever. J Gilligans. It's pretty much a sports bar type restaurant but definitely not a brestauarant like Twin Peaks and Hooters. It is about a mile away from the stadium. They shuttle you back and forth for $7 if you eat or drink there. It's great. Might not be a benefit to you since you are Ubering, though. Still a good experience. It will be full of Cowboys fans all day and night on gamedays.

Texas Live was just built by the Rangers ballpark across the street and its full of restaurants and sports themed places. And there will be tons of tailgates. Most are friendly and you can walk up and mingle and get some food. We would always allow people to come to ours.

I have not been to J Gilligans for years, long before the stadium was built.
Probably been 18 years since I been there. I forgot all about it.