Twitter: Fischer DC update

Silverstar

Reaction score
Shortly after this video ended security removed the homeless man who was talking to himself near the parking lot next to the dumpster. They ignored his ramblings about wanting likes and subscribers.

:D

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What a big bag of nothing.

Whitt - never been a coordinator, Secondary coach for 3 different and really bad teams the last 3 years.
Quinn - Another Garrett. Likeable guy who can't coach.
Marvin Lewis - 0-7 playoff record with Bengals. He was the DC for the Super Bowl winning Ravens 20 years ago. This is Kiffin & Marinelli all over again.
George Edwards - They "respect Zimmer" and they promote the guy Zimmer just fired? makes no sense.

Stop hiring guys who can't get it done.

Every chance this franchise has to get better they mess it up. Go get better.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not feeling great about anyone on that list really, but if I had to rank them in terms of preference:

1. Marvin Lewis
2. George Edwards
3. Whitt/Quinn

IMO— we need an experienced vet DC who can teach fundamentals, and has the respect of coaches/players around the NFL. Lewis would not be “splashy”— but he would bring a lot of credibility to the table, and he is the kind of hire that could quickly make the D sound and stable.

Edwards is also a guy who has some skins on the wall and may be in the driver’s seat for the job since he knows everyone in the building already.

Whitt and Quinn just don’t inspire me considering where Atlanta’s defense is at. Lots of red flags there for me honestly— but Quinn at least has led some very good defenses, albeit not recently

ESisback

Reaction score
What a big bag of nothing.

Whitt - never been a coordinator, Secondary coach for 3 different and really bad teams the last 3 years.
Quinn - Another Garrett. Likeable guy who can't coach.
Marvin Lewis - 0-7 playoff record with Bengals. He was the DC for the Super Bowl winning Ravens 20 years ago. This is Kiffin & Marinelli all over again.
George Edwards - They "respect Zimmer" and they promote the guy Zimmer just fired? makes no sense.

Stop hiring guys who can't get it done.

Every chance this franchise has to get better they mess it up. Go get better.
So who’s YOUR choice?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Out of this list of DC's, it's Marvin Lewis and it's not close:

-I don't care if he hasn't been a DC in years, ever stop was a successful one. It's not like he's been sitting home, he's been apart of the game.
-Many forget that the Bengals don't have a scouting department, it was Lewis picking the players. He built that defense from the ground up.
-He has experience in coaching all schemes.
-Say what you want about the Bengals, playoff failures. Carson Palmer would of won several if the Steelers didn't take that dirty low hit on his knee.

-Quinn/Whitt both just got fired cause Atlanta's Defense was as bad as the Cowboys. It makes zero sense to hire either one of them. Yes, Quinn has a Super Bowl ring, but he never built that defense, he took over when the defense was already built for success.

-George Edwards worked under Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer. His main responsibility was helping with the game plan, not making the defensive in game calls. He was here last year and was apart of the problem as the linebacker unit was among the least productive on the entire team.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So who’s YOUR choice?
I want someone with a more recent history of coordinating/coaching high-performing defenses.

I want someone who isn't just happy to be employed and will let Jerry tamper with the accountability that the coach must have over the defensive players.

I want someone who calls an aggressive defense, and not a reactionary one.

I want someone who isn't just necessarily friends with Mike McCarthy. I don't need comfortable or obligated guys.

I'd call Brent Venables first. If he isn't interested in making the jump to the NFL, I'm hiring Gus Bradley.

If Seattle outbids me for Bradley, my aim would be Jim Leonhard and Orlondo Steinauer. If I can't get tough and proven, give me innovative and hungry.