Twitter: Fischer DC update

Bull Frog

Reaction score
I thought Fish said we were double interested in Mike Pettine. Or was it the Pettine twins?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a big bag of nothing.

Whitt - never been a coordinator, Secondary coach for 3 different and really bad teams the last 3 years.
Quinn - Another Garrett. Likeable guy who can't coach.
Marvin Lewis - 0-7 playoff record with Bengals. He was the DC for the Super Bowl winning Ravens 20 years ago. This is Kiffin & Marinelli all over again.
George Edwards - They "respect Zimmer" and they promote the guy Zimmer just fired? makes no sense.

Stop hiring guys who can't get it done.

Every chance this franchise has to get better they mess it up. Go get better.
Jeez, you’re going to crap on anyone they hire. As predicted.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I want someone with a more recent history of coordinating/coaching high-performing defenses.

I want someone who isn't just happy to be employed and will let Jerry tamper with the accountability that the coach must have over the defensive players.

I want someone who calls an aggressive defense, and not a reactionary one.

I want someone who isn't just necessarily friends with Mike McCarthy. I don't need comfortable or obligated guys.

I'd call Brent Venables first. If he isn't interested in making the jump to the NFL, I'm hiring Gus Bradley.

If Seattle outbids me for Bradley, my aim would be Jim Leonhard and Orlondo Steinauer. If I can't get tough and proven, give me innovative and hungry.
The Raiders are heavily interested in Gus Bradley. I think they already interviewed him. Don’t know if they hired him. I have read where some players (Jalen Ramsey) said that they ran the same defense in Jacksonville week after week. He did not change the scheme or anything. Just FYI

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Whitt - never been a coordinator, Secondary coach for 3 different and really bad teams the last 3 years.
Marvin Lewis - 0-7 playoff record with Bengals. He was the DC for the Super Bowl winning Ravens 20 years ago. This is Kiffin & Marinelli all over again.
George Edwards - They "respect Zimmer" and they promote the guy Zimmer just fired? makes no sense.

Quinn was a strong playcaller as a DC in Seattle. He was the DC when they won the Super Bowl. Im not sure of what role he had in Atlanta's defense

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Whitt sounds like another Nolan. :facepalm:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no telling what jones boys will do lol
I am not expecting anyone good or new.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Out of that pile of poop i would rather have marvin lewis. I would love a young guru though.
The game has changed. Gotta have someone innovative. No more Nolans.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lewis, I guess, out of those guys.

I really, really, really wish that they’d take a look at Jim Leonhard. He’s exactly what I’d want as a DC. He’d be Kellen Moore on the defensive side of the ball.

My3Sons

Reaction score

This.
The Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. The Fighting Illini just had a final list of 3 for their DC opening that was more exciting than this. MM was a mistake. Nolan was a mistake. I have little confidence they will find a talented, proven DC.