Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that KJ fits this team. Actually this defense needs his expertise. He is knowledgeable on the system and can help Quinn implement it and be the leader of the defense. You trust LVE or Jaylon to run this.? I hope Fish is right on this one, i don't trust him much on anything but you know what they say about a broken clock, or a blind pig, or a ....nevermind you get the pic.

Which high-priced linebacker do you then sit?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fish has really been pushing this one. I don’t see how he fits? On the field or on the cap. I’d be shocked if anything happened.

Maybe they're thinking a bit long-term /insurance .........in other words, not a bad guy to have as an injured-prone LVE replacement. This or next season.....

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Fisher talked to Wright personally.

I know right? Lol a lot of other outlets are using Fish's conversation with Wright as fuel for the storyline

I've followed several outlets for a while and I don't always agree with Fish's opinions but he puts good thought into them and can back up his reasoning. When it comes to predictions he's often on the money.

He might not be the first guy with a reaction video to a free agent signing but he's generally the first i hear tell his audience to watch out for that free agent signing in the first place.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Which high-priced linebacker do you then sit?
Lve struggles with durability, maybe you limit his snaps to keep him healthy. He is still on his rookie deal and isn't making big money. Could always shift Neal to SS too. Injuries always happen to this positional group. Much rather sign Wright, then bring back Lee, the difference shouldn't be significant.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Give me Wright and Reed and I’m good

cut Jaylon if you really want to make me happy

As much as we want Jaylon gone it would be a cap-killing move right now. Just like Zeke, from a contract standpoint Smith is basically untouchable right now.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree that KJ fits this team. Actually this defense needs his expertise. He is knowledgeable on the system and can help Quinn implement it and be the leader of the defense. You trust LVE or Jaylon to run this.? I hope Fish is right on this one, i don't trust him much on anything but you know what they say about a broken clock, or a blind pig, or a ....nevermind you get the pic.
I saw a tweet from Broaddus saying this rumor has legs and it is a real possibility.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lve struggles with durability, maybe you limit his snaps to keep him healthy. He is still on his rookie deal and isn't making big money. Could always shift Neal to SS too. Injuries always happen to this positional group. Much rather sign Wright, then bring back Lee, the difference shouldn't be significant.

No. The COST would.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This team? After they just guaranteed him that money? That opportunity has passed.
See....that's the part I'm unclear on.

His 7m salary is guaranteed, but if a team trades for him they intended to pay him anyway, so while the cap hit is different for us due to the signing bonus, anyone dealing for him wouldn't have to pay that.

So I think the dead money thing may be different for traded players. Not sure.

Now.....because of the high salary and he stinks, no one may want him....but maybe for a 7th?

I'm guessing but I'm probably reaching to find a way to get him off my field. Addition by subtraction is how I see it.