Fish 247: What does Cowboy trade pursuit of Quinn have to do with Tank?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
its gregorys replacement and insurance if Tank holds out no

That, and I expect us to get a DE in the draft. So Quinn, being on a 1 year rental, would mean that we can develop the rookie DE as well as provide DLaw help. If the rookie is really good, then Quinn becomes a comp pick for us. So, we'd theoretically be trading a 5th to Miami for Quinn and a future comp pick in that scenario.

jjktkk

Reaction score
All of the reasons mentioned in this thread could be the reason Dallas is pursuing Quinn. The Gregory dilemma, Taco being a bust, DLAW's contract up in the air. I also think this is just a good opportunity to get a talented DE to add to the DL for, hopefully, a modest price.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That, and I expect us to get a DE in the draft. So Quinn, being on a 1 year rental, would mean that we can develop the rookie DE as well as provide DLaw help. If the rookie is really good, then Quinn becomes a comp pick for us. So, we'd theoretically be trading a 5th to Miami for Quinn and a future comp pick in that scenario.
Another DE draft pick to come. If only they knew how to make better picks at DE.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right now, I would say Armstrong is a safer choice than Taco, but that's not saying much.

Armstrong actually did quite well last year. I think he'll prove to be a really good find. If we can get another DE or too like Quinn and a draft pick like Zach Allen, we'd be in great shape at DE. As for DT, I hope that McDowell is healthy, and we can draft another DT. I've said often about the 2 safeties I'd like. If we get those 3, this is a Super Bowl caliber roster. The only weakness that I'd say we'd potentially have is at HC and maaaaybe kicker. Other than that, it'd be a stacked roster.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Another DE draft pick to come. If only they knew how to make better picks at DE.

I think that's where Zach Allen from Boston College will come in:

If he's there at 58, I think he's a MUST take for us. Him paired with DLaw would be DEADLY. Especially if we get Quinn and Armstrong continues to develop. Zach sort of reminds me a bit of Jared Allen with this video.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Armstrong actually did quite well last year. I think he'll prove to be a really good find. If we can get another DE or too like Quinn and a draft pick like Zach Allen, we'd be in great shape at DE. As for DT, I hope that McDowell is healthy, and we can draft another DT. I've said often about the 2 safeties I'd like. If we get those 3, this is a Super Bowl caliber roster. The only weakness that I'd say we'd potentially have is at HC and maaaaybe kicker. Other than that, it'd be a stacked roster.
100% agreed, Furboy!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
100% agreed, Furboy!

Yes, and I fully expect us to bring in a kicker to compete with Maher, so yes. Really, coaching is the only place that I have any concerns as to whether or not we will win the Super Bowl this year if we can get Quinn and/or Zach Allen, a DT, and a safety in the draft. This is the best our roster has looked in a long time to me.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Me likey!!! Reminds me of JJ Watt!

Most definitely if Zach Allen is available by the mid 2nd round, Cowboys should move up and get him!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Great find Furboy! Hope the Cowboys have their eye on Zach Allen. :thumbup:

I hope so too. He'd be incredible here, and especially considering we'd have DLaw on the other side, a potentially drafted DT and/or McDowell (if healthy), and a safety like Tell? Our defence would be ferocious to go along with our high caliber offence. Garrett would HAVE everything he needs to win us the Super Bowl.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Taco may very well be a failed pick but I heard the same thing about Demarcus Lawrence for two years then Bryon Jones for 3 years and yet we are going to resign both of them because they matured and became really good players. Think I will wait on Taco to see what year 3 brings.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Taco may very well be a failed pick but I heard the same thing about Demarcus Lawrence for two years then Bryon Jones for 3 years and yet we are going to resign both of them because they matured and became really good players. Think I will wait on Taco to see what year 3 brings.

I certainly hope that he improves, but, if Zach Allen is anywhere near 58, I'm pouncing on him. Zach Allen would be too good to pass up for us if he's anywhere near 58.

Carson

Reaction score

I’d love Zach Allen or Anthony Nelson from Iowa at 58

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’d love Zach Allen or Anthony Nelson from Iowa at 58

I'd be happy to settle for Nelson if Zach Allen goes in the 1st, but, if both are available, I like the look of Allen better. If we can't get a DE at 58 between those two, then I'd get Oshane Ximines of Old Dominion in round 3: