Fish: Cowboys desperate to trade up

Carson

Reaction score
I'm thinking Kayvon makes sense. Darkhorse would be Davis, maybe Quinn loves him for his scheme, but I doubt it.

Charles Cross a possibility too, since they have an interest. Getting a future LT on a rookie deal is a cap friendly move

I fear it's for Penning or any of the WRs
I know about a 2% chance of Davis. Cross doesn't project well as a guard. They ran an Air-raid, zone blocking run scheme at Miss. State. Completely different scheme here so I feel he would be wasted at guard.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
They should be trading down if anything. They need 4 players out of this draft not 1.

Carson

Reaction score
Bobby Belt is saying hat they are interested in trading up as well. Says that they are interested in Cross, Penning, and London.
I would be livid trading a 2nd or/and next years 1st for ANY of these dudes.

They should be trading down if anything. They need 4 players out of this draft not 1.

This is why free agency is so pivotal. It allows you to be aggressive and make these moves. When you do nothing, you cannot afford to.

rambo2

Reaction score
They could trade either way. They only have around 15 players with a first round grade. It makes sense to get 1 of them in a trade up or trade down if they don't get one of them.

rambo2

Reaction score
I would be livid trading a 2nd or/and next years 1st for ANY of these dudes.

This is why free agency is so pivotal. It allows you to be aggressive and make these moves. When you do nothing, you cannot afford to.
People will be livid and badmouth whatever they do. Just like they did when they drafted Parsons. Most teams that are aggressive in free agency constantly fail.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I can see them moving up if Hamilton, Kayvon or Karlaftis slips.

I don’t see them moving up for a WR.

Carson

Reaction score
People will be livid and badmouth whatever they do. Just like they did when they drafted Parsons. Most teams that are aggressive in free agency constantly fail.
There are multiple positive scenarios that positive.

Trading multiple picks then being forced to sign lower tier FAs to be starters is terrible.

rambo2

Reaction score
I know about a 2% chance of Davis. Cross doesn't project well as a guard. They ran an Air-raid, zone blocking run scheme at Miss. State. Completely different scheme here so I feel he would be wasted at guard.
I think that Cross would play right tackle and they would get another guard.

Carson

Reaction score
I think that Cross would play right tackle and they would get another guard.
I believe they moved on from Collins as they felt comfortable with Steele.

If Steele moves to swing tackle, that would overload us at tackle with Ball.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They want to jump into the top 14, and the eagles have 2 picks starting at 15.

that could tell you what they’re targetting

rambo2

Reaction score
There are multiple positive scenarios that positive.

Trading multiple picks then being forced to sign lower tier FAs to be starters is terrible.
I suspect that they will be better at left guard no matter what they do.