Fish: Cowboys desperate to trade up

BermyStar

Reaction score
Saw a interview with him last night. Blamed his lack of production on teams keying on him because of lack of talent on the Oregon defense... Plus other excuses.. I wasn't impressed..
Wow...sooooo High Charachter? lol

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Do it. We’re much better at picking first rounders than second rounders. Give up a couple of second rounders and move up.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t see why you are so confident. I have read 3-4 articles from different sources saying Jerry wants to trade up. It all depends on the player he wants still being there. I hope that the player is gone because there are too many holes on this team for Jerry to trade away extra picks for one player.
Jerry wants to be in the news my friend.

Trading UP in THIS draft would contradict several things that they consider to be their organizational philosophy....or at least how they have behaved of late.

Honestly this is nothing but that. Of course every team should be open to dealing up or down in every draft, but the kid isn't going to allow anything crazy.

I just hope they don't do something way out of line. Stick with one plan. If you want to take chances, sign a free agent. Otherwise they need to make these draft picks and not miss with the current philosophy.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If this were true, which a strong smoke screen fed through reporters who then spread it around, if it were, then it better be for Cross. Penning I don't think there is enough to be sure of and London would be insane because they basically would be saying bye-bye CeeDee maybe after the 3 years ,maybe not too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understand what you are saying, but teams do these types of trades based on how it is playing out. If player X falls and the Cowboys want him they can target a team to trade with as opposed to let it be know that they want one particular player.
This is a reporter saying this, not the Cowboys, and even if true there is no indication who X player is, so a trade partner can't use X player against them.

If it's a draft day trade it really doesn't matter who player X is because the only info a team will have is that there is somebody on the board the Cowboys want. If it's a pre draft trade there may be several players the team is looking at because they couldn't know in advance of the draft who will still be available at that point.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they are trying to move up before it starts, it's most likely for a WR. The Power 5 are all off the board at 22 or higher.

I just don't see Booger moving up for an OL. A DE maybe because they're coming off pretty quickly once it starts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I hear the no trade up crowd but the Cowboys appear to only think there are 14-16 guys that are worth a first round grade. I would trade a second round pick and 1st for Cross or Neal.