Video: Fish: Grow up time for Kelvin Joseph

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jun 22, 2021.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

30,722 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Well, yes, in a parallel universe. Very well, then, good lad.

2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

30,722 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Go, Bossman!
    Good chap, then.
    Carry on, Highlander Grenadiers!

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  3. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,004 Messages
    19,529 Likes Received
    You can not have the ball tonight

4. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,011 Messages
    6,538 Likes Received
    I'll be worried about him if he comes to camp out of shape. Honestly I'd be concerned about any of our draft picks that Fish or anyone said was out of shape for OTAs. That's concerning but not a crisis. You'd hope the rookies, and all players, are taking this seriously.

5. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

22,655 Messages
    32,466 Likes Received
    Talk about trying hard to find anything to make a video about in the off-season. All guesses and speculation. Anybody here could have made this video.

How about doing some journalism and actually reporting on the team? Instead he just makes educated guesses. Hell, half the video was telling us about La’el Collins… we know about him.
    • Joseph seemed out of shape?
    • Maybe Joseph had COVID? And if he did he’s at fault?
    • Perhaps the team did due diligence but ignored it?

Now, for a news-hungry fan base, these things will become fact, which is a shame. Just because some old guy wanted to have content for his relationship with SI.com. It ought to be shouted down by the companies that employ people like Fisher but instead they simply sit and count the clicks.

tunahelper, JBond, Techsass and 5 others like this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    84,051 Messages
    64,815 Likes Received
    :hammer:

America's Cowboy likes this.
  7. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

10,737 Messages
    8,968 Likes Received
    He is a poor man's Paulie Walnuts without the smarts (and that is saying something) or stones

8. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

8,438 Messages
    8,802 Likes Received
    I agree. In the meantime, it’ll remain speculative stress material for the “failure is imminent” crowd.

Lotsa clever comments. Kudos!

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,646 Messages
    11,411 Likes Received
    Like him or hate him, Fish has lots of inside connections. 1/4 of his videos are made at Ground Zero/Cowboys central.

His weird mid-video shoulder-stretches, and long pauses drive me crazy. He's quite possibly lost some brain cells prematurely from mega booz'n, but some of that has been done with Jerry and the top dawgs.

Be sure of it: These aren't just 'guesses'. The front office and coaches privately rubber stamped this message: better grow up fast, kid. Organizations often speak thru media agents. This is one of those times.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,685 Messages
    27,317 Likes Received
    100% agree with Fish! Words of advice and wisdom.

The Kelvin Joseph pick is the only pick I have questioned towards the Cowboys, especially since they used such a costly 2nd round pick on him and because we need any CB pick to pan out. We have seen Dak, Gallup and other Cowboys veterans fully welcome and embrace Kelvin Joseph this offseason. He had best take this new career, especially as a Dallas Cowboys, seriously because this career is the one that can truly make him a multimillionaire with lifelong health benefits, NOT RAP MUSIC.

We will soon find out if CB Kelvin Joseph was worth using a costly 2nd round pick on. I personal hope he does prove his worth, but Fish certainly brought up all of the same concerns I have had prior to drafting him and even now during Cowboys minicamps.

11. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,646 Messages
    11,411 Likes Received
    Jerry is the hopeless moth to the flame.

Scouts: this guy might have permanent nerve damage, there's a chance he'll never walk properly again.
    Jerry: Is 1st round too high? Damn it, OK then. Let's pick him top of second round.

Scouts: this guy has proven himself uncoachable in multiple programs.
    Jerry: Grab him. And quick.

Consultants on free agency signing: He's called his QB gay, refused to practice or play, got into fist fights with teammates, destroyed two premium coaches and two pro bowl quarterbacks.
    Jerry: We need him. Get your popcorn ready.

Consultants on free agency signing: He's likely to spend most of his life in prison.
    Jerry: We better get a good season or two out of him before that happens. Where's my checkbook?

Do some of you still find this entertaining? I find it worthless, hopeless and pathetic.

12. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    21,060 Messages
    25,740 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have long been an organization that coddles their athletes and ignores the red flags that other teams won't tolerate. Jerry and son are two privileged people who have a history of turning a blind eye to things that are pervasive to the success of their athletes. I'm not surprised by the things that Fisher mentions here. Is it likely that a lack of discipline is something that has long existed within this organization? The answer to that is hell, yes. I'm dead certain that Jimmy Johnson would agree, wholeheartedly, with that assertion. o_O

13. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,367 Messages
    6,120 Likes Received
    Boom or bust pick

Bullflop likes this.
  14. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,646 Messages
    11,411 Likes Received
    I'll simplify that: Bust, zero boom.

Jimmy Johnson said: hit me in the head if I ever try to draft a dumb player. Well, stupid is as stupid does, and "Fat" is a bonehead. I said it on draft day, and I'm shouting it now.

Bullflop likes this.
  15. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,685 Messages
    27,317 Likes Received
    LOL...Breathe...Breathe bro. :D

baltcowboy and Bullflop like this.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    21,060 Messages
    25,740 Likes Received
    And so it goes with the team and it's leadership that promotes a "country club atmosphere." :muttley:
    Somewhere, Jimmy Johnson is smiling . . . he knows, all too well, how this thing might end. :omg:

T-RO and America's Cowboy like this.
  17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

42,180 Messages
    28,005 Likes Received
    Bad start for the kid.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    70,074 Messages
    142,691 Likes Received
    That is exactly why you should believe this exclusive. Besides the nonsense covid thing, I mean.

If he was just unfairly ripping on a player for content it'd burn bridges he has with the team. Especially a newly drafted 2nd round pick. He wouldn't dare do that. Someone's feeding him this information. They want this out.

It won't be long before we find out Joseph hangs out with Prescott. I'll be far too classy to tell you I told you so at that point.

19. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    6,923 Messages
    9,292 Likes Received
    As soon as he takes one of Danny Jones passes for a pick 6 all the hate will be forgiven... its not like he has11 incidents where he displayed aggressive verbal and physical abuse. like another one of our draft picks..

20. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

14,650 Messages
    10,443 Likes Received
    Curious as to what you said about Nahshon Wright on draft day and what are you shouting today about Wright.