Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

CWR

Reaction score
I think if we were going to get Adams it would have been last year. The Jets price is too high and then we have to pay him. Dont get me wrong Id love to make it happen, but probably not at what they are thought to be demanding.

CapnB

Reaction score
You know... about 3 weeks ago i saw someone ask fish about the adams trade... now before this... not a lot was mentioned about it coming from fish... But its like he took that 1 question about Adams and started to pour his own gas on the ol fish grease and tried to get something going.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if we were going to get Adams it would have been last year. The Jets price is too high and then we have to pay him. Dont get me wrong Id love to make it happen, but probably not at what they are thought to be demanding.

Last year, it was the latest attempt to salvage something out of a failed coaching staff.

They did the same thing the year before with Amari Cooper. They gave up a future 1st round pick to try to salvage a 3-4 season that was getting away from them. That worked short term. So they decided to try the same reckless tactic in an effort to save them again. It's a terrible strategy and we should be glad that things didn't work out for them to do it again.

We're finally rid of bad coaching and we still have our draft assets and cap space to improve the team.

CWR

Reaction score
Last year, it was the latest attempt to salvage something out of a failed coaching staff.

They did the same thing the year before with Amari Cooper. They gave up a future 1st round pick to try to salvage a 3-4 season that was getting away from them. That worked short term. So they decided to try the same reckless tactic in an effort to save them again. It's a terrible strategy and we should be glad that things didn't work out for them to do it again.

We're finally rid of bad coaching and we still have our draft assets and cap space to improve the team.

There are arguments to be made about busted first round picks also. Cooper was and remains a good decision imo. Id have been happy to have gotten Adams last year as well, although I am more happy we turned over that coaching staff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are arguments to be made about busted first round picks also.

When you have nothing to show for your 2017 1st round pick, and nothing to show from your top 2019 draft pick, I don't think there's an argument. Allowing coaches huge input in the process was an epic failure.

Cooper was and remains a good decision imo.

I'd say more good than bad, but not a perfect decision.

Id have been happy to have gotten Adams last year as well, although I am more happy we turned over that coaching staff.

Theoretically, I'd love to have the player as well, Malik Hooker too. But the issues with contracts and extensions make it all a mess, and it drops down what I would be willing to give up in draft compensation considerably.

But the biggest positive is definitely the change in coaching staff.

Reactions: CWR

OldCoach

Reaction score
There is no one remotely in Dallas' draft range that would be as impactful day one as Adams. Not even close. He can cover. He can tackle. He can play high. He can play in the box. He can man the TE or zone the flats. You can blitz him. The only player in the draft with the potential impact of Adams is Simmons. It's gonna cost you a whole lot more to go up and get Simmons.

Everyone on this board pisses and moans about playmaker in the secondary, but is unwilling (not that it matters) to go get them. These guys don't grow on trees.
Maybe not as impactful day one. Check back in two years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But isn’t it a rule that Coakley has to be brought up in any trade scenario?

Yes, but only in terms of "Deep Six", as in:

Yeah, player x is a stud but I ain't giving up Coakley in that deal, no how, no way!

Your almost there Brother!

:thumbup:

Last edited: