Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of those guys were worth the money they got elsewhere. They were overpaid by a long shot.

That's not the point. The point is that the Cowboys couldn't afford to keep them. And haven't even been able to attempt to replace them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really? I guess they're going to tell you exactly why he was fired?

It's funny that you think that your opinions are the "relevant" parts to the argument while trying and failing to dismiss everything else.

:laugh:
My opinion isnt relevent to my original point. My original point was stating a fact

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's not the point. The point is that the Cowboys couldn't afford to keep them. And haven't even been able to attempt to replace them.
Dont agree.

I dont think those players were lost due to not having cap space, largely because they still have cap space.

I think the decisions on Cobb and Jones were made because they weren't worth what they got elsewhere.

ksg811

Reaction score
They traded Dee Ford and cut Justin Houston and Eric Berry to do it. They simply sifted resources from one group of players to others.

And as I recall, who has a record-setting quarterback contract to figure out and $1.50 in cap space?

But I can't argue with the results in year one, the rash moves got them that Super Bowl.

I'll counter with the Rams, who also got reckless with their cap and drafts and came up short.

Now they're screwed without having tasted victory.

I don't think anyone is proposing going Rams and trading multiple rounds of picks in multiple years. Cutting Crawford saves you 8 million dollars this year. Frederick's retirement saves you $11m AAV against the cap over the next 4 years while hopefully having a long term replacement in McGovern already rostered for cheap. There's your sifting of resources.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dont agree.

I dont think those players were lost due to not having cap space, largely because they still have cap space.

I think the decisions on Cobb and Jones were made because they weren't worth what they got elsewhere.

An expected response by a fan whose team lost players.

"They weren't worth it."

And again, none of them have been replaced. Not even by cheaper players that you would deem to be "worth it."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone is proposing going Rams and trading multiple rounds of picks in multiple years. Cutting Crawford saves you 8 million dollars this year. Frederick's retirement saves you $11m AAV against the cap over the next 4 years while hopefully having a long term replacement in McGovern already rostered for cheap. There's your sifting of resources.

Hey, if you can get Crawford cut, I'll co-sign pretty much whatever you're pitching!

But I'll believe the McGovern thing when I see it, and I like the kid. So far, he's a blank slate with a wasted rookie year, one year closer to free agency.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That the value of first round picks VS cap considerations of established veterans has changed the last few years. The data supports that

The 'data' that doesn't exist?

The 'data' that you haven't shown a shred of?

That 'data'?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The data the amount of teams trading first round picks the last few years. Lol yes I listed them

My apologies for missing that response.

But if you think that this list helps your case vs mine, you're sadly mistaken.

Of the top of my head teams giving up at least a first round picks for established talent

-Chicago- Khalil Mack
-Dallas- Amari Cooper
-Chiefs-Frank Clark
- Texans-Laramy Tunsil
- Steelers- Minkah Fitzpatrick
-Bills- Stephon Diggs
- Rams- Jalen Ramsey
Indianapolis Colts- Deforest Buckner

And thats just the top of my head. There are probably more.

Frankly, listing them was a waste of time. Anyone following the NFL knows that teams have been valueing first round picks less the last couple. Thats a fact.

That's a list of what not to do.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 'data' that doesn't exist?

The 'data' that you haven't shown a shred of?

That 'data'?
I was done with you on this argument several posts ago when you put words in my mouth incorrectly stating I though the Rams and Texans made good trades.

I dont continue arguments when people do that. Go back and read the post, I made it clear

ksg811

Reaction score
Hey, if you can get Crawford cut, I'll co-sign pretty much whatever you're pitching!

But I'll believe the McGovern thing when I see it, and I like the kid. So far, he's a blank slate with a wasted rookie year, one year closer to free agency.

I agree on McGovern, but I am hopeful. He's a big, strong kid who was highly regarded as a high floor prospect coming out last year. He's definitely no Frederick, but he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be "solid" with the rest of the talent we have on the line.

And as far a being "one year closer to free agency" that's still 3 years away, which is an eternity in the NFL.

fivetwos

Reaction score
An expected response by a fan whose team lost players.

"They weren't worth it."

And again, none of them have been replaced. Not even by cheaper players that you would deem to be "worth it."
You wanted to pay Cobb 9M a year?

You wanted to pay Jones the biggest deal ever given to a CB?

Also, before you continue to carry on about guys not being replaced, the largest resource as far as acquiring players hasn't happened yet. So, maybe give it a chance there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was done with you on this argument several posts ago when you put words in my mouth incorrectly stating I though the Rams and Texans made good trades.

I dont continue arguments when people do that. Go back and read the post, I made it clear

Actually, you didn't. You listed terrible moves as if the year justified your initial comment. When the fact is that they made it look worse.

If you want to run from that now and project it into me, that's your issue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You wanted to pay Cobb 9M a year?

You wanted to pay Jones the biggest deal ever given to a CB?

Also, before you continue to carry on about guys not being replaced, the largest resource as far as acquiring players hasn't happened yet. So, maybe give it a chance there.

I'm not the guy talking about trading away my best resource for that party, am I?