Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again twisting my words. I didnt say devaluing picks was a good thing

To be fair, the value of picks VS cap consideration of established talent has been changing the last few years. The cap isnt the contraint it was and first round picks arent bullion of gold they were before

Feel free to clarify exactly what you did mean here:

To be fair, the value of picks VS cap consideration of established talent has been changing the last few years. The cap isnt the contraint it was and first round picks arent bullion of gold they were before

You've spent more than enough time talking about what you didn't say.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Feel free to clarify exactly what you did mean here:

You've spent more than enough time talking about what you didn't say.
Already did. Several times in fact. Ive showed how many picks have been traded. You are either not understanding the point I made, or you are picking an argument.

Either way Im done here. Two times you put words in my mouth during this exchange. Then you did not respect the fact that said I didnt want to continue this argument.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already did. Several times in fact. Ive showed how many picks have been traded. You are either not understanding the point I made, or you are picking an argument.

And still you either can't or won't clarify it.

Either way Im done here. Two times you put words in my mouth during this exchange. Then you did not respect the fact that said I didnt want to continue this argument.

Fine. Run from what you said after you realized how terrible of an idea it was.

You be 'done'. You should have been before you mentioned it in the first place.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And still you either can't or won't clarify it.

Fine. Run from what you said after you realized how terrible of an idea it was.

You be 'done'. You should have been before you mentioned it in the first place.
Didnt clarify because you turned into some other argument I had no intention of getting to. I made no point in my post to express an opinion. It wasnt made to incite a debate on whether it was a good idea

Im not running. Two times you claimed I said something I didnt. That person is not worth debating no matter the merits of their position. Its a classless tactic. You were also disrespectful in ignoring my request to end the discussion.

Thats not running, that's avoiding getting banned on a family friend site

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didnt clarify because you turned into some other argument I had no intention of getting to. I made no point in my post to express an opinion. It wasnt made to incite a debate on whether it was a good idea.

So your initial point was simply that it had happened? Lots of dumb things happened, that doesn't mean they should ever be repeated.

Im not running. Two times you claimed I said something I didnt. That person is not worth debating no matter the merits of their position. Its a classless tactic. You were also disrespectful in ignoring my request to end the discussion.

Thats not running, that's avoiding getting banned on a family friend site

Sorry, but when you're asked numerous times to clarify your position and yet refuse and say nothing more than "I'm done", that's running.

I'm not looking for any argument that turns nasty or gets either of us banned, I'm asking you to clarify your initial statement.

I have no idea why you continue to try to avoid that and simply talk about 'what you didn't say', while actively avoiding what you did say.

I'm not looking to have a problem and if this conversation has become one for you, please don't respond.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I previously mentioned, you have nothing of any value to add to the conversation. I have no understanding of anything, yet, the people who are actually in charge of these decisions have already attempted to make this trade in the past. And they probably will attempt to do it again here shortly..you were already shut up and put to rest on this argument once

Looks like the front office is playing video games too!!! Either that or you are the one who no understanding of anything...

It's clear what the real answer here is...JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL WEEEEEEE!!!!

How about now?
:huh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So your initial point was simply that it had happened? Lots of dumb things happened, that doesn't mean they should ever be repeated.

Sorry, but when you're asked numerous times to clarify your position and yet refuse and say nothing more than "I'm done", that's running.

I'm not looking for any argument that turns nasty or gets either of us banned, I'm asking you to clarify your initial statement.

I have no idea why you continue to try to avoid that and simply talk about 'what you didn't say', while actively avoiding what you did say.

I'm not looking to have a problem and if this conversation has become one for you, please don't respond.
I never took a position lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not the guy talking about trading away my best resource for that party, am I?
Right, but if your talking ANY safety in this draft on a rookie deal vs Adams on a 2nd deal its worth the money to avoid the bust factor.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Better tell Jerry:

I saw that.

I believe 17 was already offered. They wont take only that.

I'm hoping to get him in August with next years currency when they may settle for only a 1.

Anyway, the point is...I don't think the cap is preventing the team from getting anyone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw that.

I believe 17 was already offered. They wont take only that.

And I'll believe it wasn't. And won't be.

We won;t have long to wait to see who's right and who's wrong.

I'm hoping to get him in August with next years currency when they may settle for only a 1.

I can't see that happening at all. If anything, the Jets want draft resources to use now. Not weakening their team just prior to the season with nothing but an IOU for 2021.

They'd be telling their fanbase that they're cashing it in for 2020 before the season even begins.

Anyway, the point is...I don't think the cap is preventing the team from getting anyone.

I'll agree to disagree. I think they realize that they can't continue to use top draft resources followed by market-setting deals.

They just learned their lesson with Amari Cooper. They're not eager to repeat that situation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jets G.M. emphasizes he wants to keep Jamal Adams
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 21, 2020, 3:29 PM EDT

In case Jamal Adams wasn’t clear Monday, his boss wanted to make it that way Tuesday.

Jets General Manager Joe Douglas said during an interview with ESPN 98.7 FM in New York that keeping his star safety was a priority.

He was a big reason I was excited about coming here,” Douglas said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “I feel this guy is a core player. . . .

“The main goal that I’m trying to do right now is to surround him with like-minded players, because we know Jamal is a dog. We have to surround him with guys that play as hard as he does, that love football as much as he does and can match his intensity.”

Yesterday during his pre-draft videoconference, Douglas said he planned to talk to Adams about a new contract after the draft, and that he hasn’t wavered from wanting to make his star safety a “Jet for life.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/21/jets-g-m-emphasizes-he-wants-to-keep-jamal-adams/

ksg811

Reaction score

I can't see that happening at all. If anything, the Jets want draft resources to use now. Not weakening their team just prior to the season with nothing but an IOU for 2021.

They'd be telling their fanbase that they're cashing it in for 2020 before the season even begins.

I'll agree to disagree. I think they realize that they can't continue to use top draft resources followed by market-setting deals.

They just learned their lesson with Amari Cooper. They're not eager to repeat that situation.

I know we disagree on this but the issue (in my opinion, obviously) with Cooper wasn’t the trade and the contract, it was waiting on the contract, which hurt them in two ways. The natural inflation of contracts led to it being a $20 million a year contract and it also hurt them in cap flexibility, by not using his remaining deal to average down the cost of his contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know we disagree on this but the issue (in my opinion, obviously) with Cooper wasn’t the trade and the contract, it was waiting on the contract, which hurt them in two ways. The natural inflation of contracts led to it being a $20 million a year contract and it also hurt them in cap flexibility, by not using his remaining deal to average down the cost of his contract.

The biggest negative to me on the trade without the extension is that you give all leverage over to the player and agent.

Cooper and his agent knew the Cowboys gave up that 1st rounder for him. So they knew that the team had to get a contract extension worked out. You look bad enough giving up that 1st round pick. Follow it up by losing the player a year and half later? You're a laughingstock, and out of a job anywhere where the owner isn't the GM.

Besides, this team had just done that with Taco Charlton and 2017's 1st round pick. They certainly couldn't afford to have nothing to show for 2019's pick after one year, could they? Advantage player and agent.

That was the point I was making earlier. Teams trading for these players had better have that extension done at the same time. If not, they lose all negotiating leverage.

The Texans and Rams set themselves up to be killed in giving contract extensions to Tunsil and Ramsey.

But yes, we do disagree in that I feel that you can either use a top draft pick on a player OR pay them big money on a new contract. Not BOTH.

That BOTH factor was a big reason for the altered rookie salary structure. How many teams had to hand out both huge draft resources and huge cap dollars right out of the gate for players? Granted they weren't proven as Adams is, but it was a double whammy of resource investment, and very seldom did those teams have success operating that way.

A 1st round pick is supposed to net you a good player at a reasonable cost for several years, not cost you big money right away, that's how you gain an advantage over the rest of the field.

fivetwos

Reaction score

You win by TKO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif