Fish - Is Cowboys Jaylon Smith A 'Home Run'? Or a 'Foul Ball'?

conner01

Reaction score
I think you can point to guys like Amari Cooper, Lael Collins and Zack Martin also. Cooper took slightly less money to stay in Dallas because he knew he would be taken care of here. Collins and Martins resigned early instead of going to FA and the deal Collins took was considered team friendly.
Yep
Collins and zack were safe bets. Both had shown great promise but we got good deals considering
Amari you really had no choice
But Jerry has had some he jumped the gun. Going back Crawford was one, though part of his cost this year is money pushed forward. Jaylon is one I think we should have waited. To me we should have done zeke, if we was gonna do him the year earlier to get out quicker
But when you do deals like Collins they come with some risks. If you are right you save money, if you are wrong the fans bash you lol
If your decision is just based on football to me the good out weighs the bad
I think sometimes Jerry makes decision on a more personal level. He does really care for some players he develops a relationship with like jaylon

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
honestly it’s more about the contract now than it is about where he was drafted....so yes
It's more about his attitude for a lot of guys. Too many embarrassing celebrations after humiliating himself.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's more about his attitude for a lot of guys. Too many embarrassing celebrations after humiliating himself.

Is it fair to say that your comment was a “swipe” at Jaylon???

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yes, he played in every game that year and Jaylon didn't. What makes you think that he would have helped this team down the stretch and in the GB playoff game? given his lack of productivity in those 16 games, and the last 5 in particular, I would argue that he likely wouldn't have even been on the field much against GB, let alone that final drive.
One aspect you may be overlooking is that Jax had a quality player on the depth chart in front of Myles. Can't remember his name off hand but there was no point in pulling a guy playing at a high level. If Myles had been forced to play, I'm sure his contribution would have been adequate.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
One aspect you may be overlooking is that Jax had a quality player on the depth chart in front of Myles. Can't remember his name off hand but there was no point in pulling a guy playing at a high level. If Myles had been forced to play, I'm sure his contribution would have been adequate.

Paul Poslunszy

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
When the team decided Dontari Poe was a good anchor versus the run the team never stood a chance.

Not sure how you'd characterize Sean Lee, LVE and Joe Thomas but reliable isn't it.
That is probably a failing of the front office to lean on two injury stricken guys and a very undersized vet as your depth chart after Jaylon.

There's zero reason to play Jaylon every snap except that the other guys are always injured.
I would argue there is ZERO reason to play him!!! He does not belong on a NFL field. His days in the NFL are numbered. I will gladly eat crow if the guy ever becomes an AVERAGE NFL linebacker.

If the game was played in front of a mirror...he would be a HOFer. But far too often....Jerry makes decisions as if the game is played in front of a mirror....or on a ledger sheet....and the combination of those 2 things are the main reasons this franchise has been mired in mediocrity for a long time.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Is Poslunszy the guy who posted on page 3 of this thread that only an idiot would use tackles as a stat - and then posted tackles as a stat two pages later?

Oh wait, that was you.

I know being an uneducated and unaccomplished hack, you wouldn’t understand the nuances of context.

Let me help you Sgt. Stolen Valor:

Posting tackles as a statistic is not a problem. Rather, pointing to tackle totals and thinking you’ve provided proof a defensive player’s ability is moronic.

Guess which one you did?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I know being an uneducated and unaccomplished hack, you wouldn’t understand the nuances of context.

Let me help you Sgt. Stolen Valor:

Posting tackles as a statistic is not a problem. Rather, pointing to tackle totals and thinking you’ve provided proof a defensive player’s ability is moronic.

Guess which one you did?

Guess which one of us has a Bronze Star and which one of us had to google what Stolen Valor is.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Guess which one of us has a Bronze Star and which one of us had to google what Stolen Valor is.

You.

BAED93-FA-F340-4223-9110-545-B3733-C717.jpg