Video: Fish: Jerry can be bold by trading for DK Metcalf

plymkr

Reaction score
While I agree with you Jerry has gone that route before...and now he has the argument of what the Bengals did last year.
Yep, and that scares me. I hope he doesn't do anything flashy and works on fixing the team from the inside out.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He says he's not saying they should but he wrote an article on it and now a video.

Very cool. In my youth, Eric Metcalf was one of my favorite players.. One of the first players I was a fan of. I remember taking a field trip to UT for science class, and Eric Metcalf was in there doing an experiment with some chemicals and an explosion with the lights out. I forget what the experiment was, but I remember Eric Metcalf there talking to us.

Cool dude.

BTW, DK is ripped.

Ex-Browns RB Eric Metcalf happy to claim D.K. Metcalf as family with that body, speed and talent - cleveland.com

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thing is, I've been a Dak proponent for the longest time. I hated to see Romo go, but he left and I supported Dak, as a fan.

Right now, I think our biggest need is QB.

I want a winner.

Until we do that, nothing is going to matter, imo.

Dak is good. But he can't beat elite defenses, and that means I don't see him ever winning a Super Bowl.

That said, if DK comes here, I'll root for him for sure. He's a great player.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Ahh, adding even more strength to our already stout trenches on both sides of the ball…..nice

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Outside of RB, wide receiver is probably the easiest position to fill, the draft is loaded with WRs and he wants Dallas to give up more premium picks for a WR.

Mannix

Reaction score
No thank you. Metcalf is a beast, but he’s not top of the league. Why trade draft capital for a guy you’ll end up having to resign soon. Stick with inexpensive vets and/or draft picks. We don’t need another big contract at WR.

Why the hell not....what are you saving it for....2028??? Metcalf doesn't take every third game off, and sometimes multiple in a row.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why the hell not....what are you saving it for....2028??? Metcalf doesn't take every third game off, and sometimes multiple in a row.
Because it is a waste of resources when you can draft a top receiver in this deep draft.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
We need offensive linemen, not receivers. What good is a WR like Metcalf going to do when Dak can't throw it to him. I'm hoping most, if not all, our draft goes to the trenches.

Bingo....we have a winner, chicken dinner......:thumbup: Ain't much use in this dink and dunk offense with a confused QB and a OC that doesn't know how to use receivers or get them open.

rambo2

Reaction score
Bingo....we have a winner, chicken dinner......:thumbup: Ain't much use in this dink and dunk offense with a confused QB and a OC that doesn't know how to use receivers or get them open.
They will get some olinemen by draft, possible trade, and free agency.

Plankton

Reaction score
It's insight like this that makes the $1000 per year cost for Fish's info all the more worth it. A pittance for becoming so well informed.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No thank you. Metcalf is a beast, but he’s not top of the league. Why trade draft capital for a guy you’ll end up having to resign soon. Stick with inexpensive vets and/or draft picks. We don’t need another big contract at WR.
yep.... use a 5th and draft a metcalf clone. use a 3rd and get a micah clone and we should be good. simple as that. no need to actually get dk himself.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If we draft a WR it will be with one of the 5ths.
Too many other priorities for early allocations.
I suspect earlier than that.
Pretty loaded WR draft from the mid 1st to late 3rd range.
Some say 20 WRs will contribute next year