Video: Fish: Jerry can be bold by trading for DK Metcalf

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
This team's and some of its fans' obsession with wide receivers. :facepalm:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Because it is a waste of resources when you can draft a top receiver in this deep draft.
if you go back over the last 5 drafts and looked at every WR taken in the first 3 rounds, my guess is more than 50% of those WRs ended up being garbage. So no, you cant just draft another WR, and certainly not another DK metcalf in the draft.
Lots of WRs taken in last years draft in 1st 3 rds. I cant say any of them made any real impact kast year... maybe I missed one of them.

Mannix

Reaction score
Because it is a waste of resources when you can draft a top receiver in this deep draft.
And HOPE that he is worthy of being a #1, and HOPING that everything works perfectly between him and a fragile 40 million dollar QB.

conner01

Reaction score
He says he's not saying they should but he wrote an article on it and now a video.

Fish is the worst click bait guy ever
If you don’t think they should then why propose the idea
I’m still waiting on his explanation of how far off he was on the Gallup deal

conner01

Reaction score
Outside of RB, wide receiver is probably the easiest position to fill, the draft is loaded with WRs and he wants Dallas to give up more premium picks for a WR.
He’s an idiot
Forgive him
He puts out more crap than anyone in sports just trying to stay relevant

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He says he's not saying they should but he wrote an article on it and now a video.

How would a trade like this one help the Boys????? If made, JJ would have to go out and find a decent QB to throw him the rock...............

rambo2

Reaction score
And HOPE that he is worthy of being a #1, and HOPING that everything works perfectly between him and a fragile 40 million dollar QB.
Burks, Olave, London, Dotson, and Watson all would fit very well on the Cowboys. There is a reason why that the Packers, Chiefs, and Cowboys go rid of their high dollar receivers.

conner01

Reaction score
I hope that it is the 1st pick. You are right.
Depends on who’s there
I’d rather have the best player at another position than the 8th best WR
If the right guy fell I think they’d go WR but I’m guessing 24 is not gonna be a WR and is very likely to be oline

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
Doubt it....Are you giving Lamb and DK major contracts in a couple years? Then you have to think about Diggs, Dak, Parsons, etc....Doesn't make sense to make the deal unless you are prepared to extend him. I'm not sure the Cowboys can.

Ya let’s never make an aggressive move and watch the contending teams get better. But then everyone gets upset when we don’t lol…

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'll put you guys down for a maybe.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Put me down for a yes.

And, this is the kind of move Jerry makes. I guess we'll see who's really in charge soon.. or if Jerry still wears the pants.

GINeric

Reaction score
This dude is a bigger version of Dez and the person who couldn't use Dez properly is still here....so ummm I don't think this would work.

No he's not. Coach Garrett is gone. With that said, Dez ran poor routes and DK Metcalf is much better at running routes.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We need more talent after we lost Cooper and Gregory.

This helps.

This helps our current WRs — a lot.

He's a freaking beast.. No doubt, he would add to the likes of Pollard, Lamb, Gallup, Washington (who I think would be a lot better with a player like DK Metcalf.

We'd have quite the potent offense, once again.

Then, this also allows us to draft offensive linemen in the first round.

I'm actually liking this.. the more I see that it is an actual possibility.

It also lets you help bulk up the defense through the draft, which is what I want to see. Because McClay drafts defense very well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this is just fish making a suggestion to the jones boys. Thats all it is.
Will they bite no way, they are not BOLD!

I think had they not extended a injured gallup, then going for metcalf could be a good deal.

Some say well dak cant get the ball to him, well then how is he going to get ball to gallup and lamb???????

With metcalf on deep throws, just get it down there and he will go get it. it isnt that hard.

Dak should be better in 22 as he got the bad shoulder fixed, the calf thing should be gone, and the leg should be as good as it will get.
and importantly he can get in better shape for a long season. I think he got wore out early last year , as he wasnt in football shape.

Also you guys saying fix OL DL, get a WR, well by 24 all the good linemen are gone, so if you want more connor williams types sure do that.
Top WR like metcalf will be gone by 24. after that they are all maybes.

Being a playoff team last season means drafting talent is really hard to do this year, so trading away picks this season is a good season to do it.

Paying lamb and metcalf in 23? well pick the best one in 22 season, extend him and trade the other one.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
this is just fish making a suggestion to the jones boys. Thats all it is.
Will they bite no way, they are not BOLD!

I think had they not extended a injured gallup, then going for metcalf could be a good deal.

Some say well dak cant get the ball to him, well then how is he going to get ball to gallup and lamb???????

With metcalf on deep throws, just get it down there and he will go get it. it isnt that hard.

Dak should be better in 22 as he got the bad shoulder fixed, the calf thing should be gone, and the leg should be as good as it will get.
and importantly he can get in better shape for a long season. I think he got wore out early last year , as he wasnt in football shape.

Also you guys saying fix OL DL, get a WR, well by 24 all the good linemen are gone, so if you want more connor williams types sure do that.
Top WR like metcalf will be gone by 24. after that they are all maybes.

Being a playoff team last season means drafting talent is really hard to do this year, so trading away picks this season is a good season to do it.

Paying lamb and metcalf in 23? well pick the best one in 22 season, extend him and trade the other one.

My hunch. At least what I gather by them letting Coop slip out, is that they like Fehoko...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a mark this year.