Video: Fish: Jerry can be bold by trading for DK Metcalf

Flamma

Reaction score
We need more talent after we lost Cooper and Gregory.

This helps.

This helps our current WRs — a lot.

He's a freaking beast.. No doubt, he would add to the likes of Pollard, Lamb, Gallup, Washington (who I think would be a lot better with a player like DK Metcalf.

We'd have quite the potent offense, once again.

Then, this also allows us to draft offensive linemen in the first round.

I'm actually liking this.. the more I see that it is an actual possibility.

It also lets you help bulk up the defense through the draft, which is what I want to see. Because McClay drafts defense very well.

The only way Dallas trades for this guy is if they were going WR in the first round anyway. Might as well get the known talent over a prospect.

So when they don't trade for Metcalf, we also know we're not going WR in the first round.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Doubt it....Are you giving Lamb and DK major contracts in a couple years? Then you have to think about Diggs, Dak, Parsons, etc....Doesn't make sense to make the deal unless you are prepared to extend him. I'm not sure the Cowboys can.

Dak?

Stop being naive. After this year Dak is either traded or comp is being brought in to make him fight regardless of contract .

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak?

Stop being naive. After this year Dak is either traded or comp is being brought in to make him fight regardless of contract .

I wish I had your confidence. After this season, if Dallas doesn't restructure his contract before 2023, you know Dak is out after next year.

After this year Dallas has to make a big decision. Because if they do restructure him, there's pretty much no turning back. They'll have to extend him after 2023.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He says he's not saying they should but he wrote an article on it and now a video.

OMG, this guy is so desparate. I am surprised he didn't somehow try to link Brady to cowboys with a big trade of Dak to Seattle....I mean, he just speculates shiet left and right to generate click.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fisher already knows this will never happen. This is just clickbait fodder. He's asking a question he already knows the answer to so he can appear to look like He's aghast at us not signing or trading for anyone. Its a farce..HE is part of the culture issue in Dallas where the fear of Reprisal from the Jones family is real. He's playing the role of "controlled opposition" in this latest vid. He's acting.

Rayman70

Reaction score
OMG, this guy is so desparate. I am surprised he didn't somehow try to link Brady to cowboys with a big trade of Dak to Seattle....I mean, he just speculates shiet left and right to generate click.
bingo. He's controlled opposition. A Jerry plant thats been entrenched there for ^ 2 decades.

EST_1986

Reaction score
with a QB that cant hit a WR to save his life, I highly doubt it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He says he's not saying they should but he wrote an article on it and now a video.

Sure.

Do the exact opposite of what the smart teams in the league are doing. Trade away valuable draft picks to then have to pay the guy well over $20 million a year.

Didn’t we just get out of this situation?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes -- the poor fella is probably under an overwhelming degree of stress to disprove his uselessness! :facepalm: :rolleyes: :lmao:
Fish is a guy we all wanna like, but in the end, he is what we think he is, a Jerry shoe shine boy. Its hard 2 take him seriously when he rarely is right. Its basically Jerry propaganda he spews and masks as if its his own views. We can all see right thru him.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
If I was gonna trade for a Seahawk WR, it'd be Lockett. He's solid and a great team guy. Plus, I don't think it'd take more than a day 3 pick to get him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If I was gonna trade for a Seahawk WR, it'd be Lockett. He's solid and a great team guy. Plus, I don't think it'd take more than a day 3 pick to get him.
Exactly! He can stretch the field and take the ^ off. We haven't had that in many years. Metcalf isnt that guy.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Why the hell not.
To answer your question again, because Metcalf doesn’t make us that much better until we fix the OL and can run the ball. Metcalf is big and fast, but I don’t see him as anywhere near top es hell on of wideouts. You aren’t paying him huge money for one season. Why do down the road with another Cooper situation? With Ceedee, Gallup, Washington, I’m happy just adding a wideout in the draft.

I’m not a big fan of Metcalf, nor is our wr cupboard as bare as it was when we traded for Cooper.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To answer your question again, because Metcalf doesn’t make us that much better until we fix the OL and can run the ball. Metcalf is big and fast, but I don’t see him as anywhere near top es hell on of wideouts. You aren’t paying him huge money for one season. Why do down the road with another Cooper situation? With Ceedee, Gallup, Washington, I’m happy just adding a wideout in the draft.

I’m not a big fan of Metcalf, nor is our wr cupboard as bare as it was when we traded for Cooper.
Preach it! We MUST fix the lines of scrimmage, BOTH sides. The interior is a mess...SOFT. If we cant run the ball and stop the run, nuthin we do in the draft or trade-wise matters. The skill guys only work well if we can be physical at the trenches.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
yep.... use a 5th and draft a metcalf clone. use a 3rd and get a micah clone and we should be good. simple as that. no need to actually get dk himself.
That’s pretty funny stuff. I get it. I just don’t value Metcalf as a top wr in this league…..he’s big and strong, but not a very good route runner and has never even surpassed Locket in my opinion. Another WR doesn’t make us much better….didn’t last season prove that? Fix the OL and run game first.