Twitter: Fish list of possible DC hires

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lewis has a sweet situation at ASU.

Only way he comes here, is if he wants back into the NFL

I think he does.....otherwise he wouldn't take interviews for HC jobs. Remember college he's kissing boosters boots and chasing kids. I'm wondering if he'd love come as an HC but understands he may have to go the coordinator's route.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK about Edwards.....I'm thinking if someone in the building was THAT impressed with him, they could have fired Nolan mid-season and let him take over. I'm just not convinced Edwards has anything better to offer, otherwise, we would have seen it by now.
I actually liked the hire, but I also wonder how much of that D was Zimmer. Kind of like Richard & Carroll.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It seems odd to promote someone internally that helped run one of the worst defenses in our history. No idea what Edwards actual role was last year, but have to imagine at some point McCarthy asked Edwards to see how we could improve the D.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gus Bradley is the only one that interests me

How about one of these college guys

Bud foster
Dave Amanda
Jeremy Pruitt
Geoff Collins

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm ok with George Edwards and I think he's most likely by far.

I'm also ok with Marvin Lewis and I don't presently believe he's at all likely.

Lewis might actually be my favorite.

Lewis, Moore sounds great and I trust them both to coordinate their units and call their plays. I'm not sure what McCarthy even does around here but it sounds like we can let him play with fruit if he starts getting in the way.

I don’t think it would be Edwards only because they wouldn’t have moved on this quickly if that were the case.

cowboyec

Reaction score
pettine...or pettine.
maybe both.
pettine for DC.
pettine for dline.

slick325

Reaction score
Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley would be two guys I'd be happy with from the outside. If they go internal, George Edwards wouldn't upset me too much.

Edit: Marvin Lewis is someone I respect at DC as well.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
2,8,9,10 will work for me. I think Lewis would be the guy for me, I trust him more to build a defense. The SEA coordinators should provide a good fit for the current personnel.

Haha...Fish got enough names, yeah?
No thank you to any former Seattle DCs. Haven’t we learned what happens when you just play one coverage over and over without the best secondary in the modern era?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
IDK about Edwards.....I'm thinking if someone in the building was THAT impressed with him, they could have fired Nolan mid-season and let him take over. I'm just not convinced Edwards has anything better to offer, otherwise, we would have seen it by now.
This! Edwards had the ability to offer up changes this year. He couldn’t even get through to Everton Griffen who he’s known for how many years?