Twitter: Fish list of possible DC hires

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Capers is 70 and hasn't been a DC since 2017.
A special asst on defense, sure but I don't see him as a coordinator here.

He's a "name" and Jerry has always been fond of old guys still doing the job. Gill Brandt, Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's a "name" and Jerry has always been fond of old guys still doing the job. Gill Brandt, Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli.
Gil left with Tom Landry in 1988.
Bob Ackles was the personnel guy.

Jerry went back to old 4-3 cover 2 with Kiffin and Rod as a tandem to recreate 90s magic. And Kiffin lasted what, 1 year?
Jerry's big hires have been all over the place with old and proven like Bill Parcells and young and upcoming like JG then Kellen.
I'm sure this will be heavily influenced by Mike McCarty and Mike basically fired Dom after 2017 to save has own hide for a half season.

I still favor Wade with Sean Lee as his eventual successor.

Valkyr

Reaction score
My sources say they want to hire Capers, but his toupee is holding out for too much money.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Gil left with Tom Landry in 1988.
Bob Ackles was the personnel guy.

Jerry went back to old 4-3 cover 2 with Kiffin and Rod as a tandem to recreate 90s magic. And Kiffin lasted what, 1 year?
Jerry's big hires have been all over the place with old and proven like Bill Parcells and young and upcoming like JG then Kellen.
I'm sure this will be heavily influenced by Mike McCarty and Mike basically fired Dom after 2017 to save has own hide for a half season.

I still favor Wade with Sean Lee as his eventual successor.
Sean Lee has been a player-coach due to injury for how many years? He hasn’t helped Jaylon or LVE as far as I can tell.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I actually think Aaron Glenn is going to be very good as a DC. I’d give him a shot early.

I’m ok with Bradley. I usually am wary of defensive coordinators who coached under a “defensive genius” head coach like Belichick, Carroll, or Mike Zimmer. They get significant help and input from those guys on their side of the ball.

Still I do think Bradley is a good coach in his own right, but that’s a no on Quinn.

ultron

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis should’ve been hired as the head coach of this team and would be a steal if we can get him to come run the D.

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo as the DC.
Sean Lee as the LB coach.
Woodson as the Secondary coach.

Championship!!!

bdk76

Reaction score
Joe Barry is the obvious choice, I mean he's Hot Rod's son in law for cryin out loud

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sean Lee has been a player-coach due to injury for how many years? He hasn’t helped Jaylon or LVE as far as I can tell.
IDK I think LVE played pretty well as a green rookie and Jaylon was pretty darn good when Sean Lee was making all the LB calls.
They switched to this weird defense this year and LB play fell off a cliff ... but yes DL was even worse. DE was awful early and DT was trash all year.

Lee obviously learned the legendary Penn St 3-4 defense then played for Wade here then learned form the Tampa 2 architect and played under Eberflus.

He's about as well schooled as it gets. And I'm not sure how much it is to teach guys who start over him as multiple year vets.