Twitter: Fish: Not just Kirk, they're also looking at other slot vets WRs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
But ask yourself how much can you expect from a rookie, especially one drafted 4th or later. Remember we're looking for a starter to replace Cobb. I doubt a 4th or 5th round rook can do that......

First, I believe they will target a WR earlier then that range. Second in a deep class, you may get a quality receiver later in the draft. Gallup was a late third round pick, had a productive rookie season. Might be able to get a similar player in the 4th. Many experts say, strong route runners usually make more of an impact right away. Team has targeted this trait recently.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
It's true that this is a very deep WR draft, but another way to look at it is that all of the other teams also see the same thing. With another draft, a kid like Kirk would be worth a 2nd rounder, but we aren't going to have very many teams competing with us, because they also know they can get a WR in the draft. Teams will compare the quality of the WR they think they can get and the draft pick they are being asked to give up. First round - no way. Second round - nah, third round you get into guys like Van Jefferson - hmmmmm maybe. Fourth round - talent, but projects -yea I am game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
In other words he heard Jerry say, "Boy there are some great slot receivers out there we'd love to have" and now he's running with it.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Fish figures if he just goes ahead and links us to every player in the league at some point he will be correct

Proof

Reaction score
I would be all in on #17 for Adams, a 4th for a proven vet slot WR, and signing Kirkpatrick. Then go best DT, DE, CB, or LB in rounds 2 and 3. Then clean up on day 3 with TE, OL, QB, and any defensive player representing good value. They would be a much better team if this played out.

Add Desmond king to the list of guys is at least check on

Valkyr

Reaction score
8 receptions for 27 yards last year.

Steelers aren't gonna just give that sort of productivity away.
We could trade them a VHS set of the 3rd season of 'Mama's Family' for him.

Maybe.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So tell me how or why the Cardinals would not be demanding a second for Kirk? Why not just draft our guy there?

As for Goodwin, I will pass. Too unreliable and he really fits the Spagnola Principle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So tell me how or why the Cardinals would not be demanding a second for Kirk? Why not just draft our guy there?

As for Goodwin, I will pass. Too unreliable and he really fits the Spagnola Principle.

Goodwin would be another good one.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But ask yourself how much can you expect from a rookie, especially one drafted 4th or later. Remember we're looking for a starter to replace Cobb. I doubt a 4th or 5th round rook can do that......

We need a veteran to backup the starters and be WR#3, and a draft pick who could do the same next year.

Gallup or Cooper can move into the slot when we go 3 wide. I'm against getting the usual midget slot WR just because they're supposed to be midgets.

GMO415

Reaction score
Trade for a WR with a WR talented draft? Not gonna happen

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t support a trade, but I love Goodwin as a person. Upstanding character and great guy.