Twitter: Fish: Not just Kirk, they're also looking at other slot vets WRs

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kirk or Goodwill.. think I’d be fine with either if the price is right (preferably 5th or later).

That said, I like Kirk more.
Christian Kirk for a 5th rounder?
Isnt he still his rookie deal?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think more importantly a young productive veteran who can play the slot and spot start if an injury happens like Gallup's last season.

Unless it is 1 of those top 3 rookies at WR, even though it is a loaded draft, we cannot expect that level of responsibility the first 8 games of the season.

Now if Reagor is sitting there in the 3rd or 4th round, which I doubt, you still select him whether you get a vet to play the slot or not. Now you have depth and young talent for the present and future.

Plus a player like Reagor can be the main return man his rookie season taking some pressure off the slot receiver.
Not to mention Jerry has been following him since high school

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All comes down to asking price.

It's as simple as that to me.

Same for me. I don't want to do anything at WR until the 4th round at the earliest. If Arizona would take a 4th or later for Kirk, I'd make that move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just sign Taylor Gabriel :)

DenseGrippingDegus-size_restricted.gif

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This loaded draft group of WRs and we want to trade a draft pick? Geez
Unless you are going after a #1 then why not? I'll take a 3 year vet for a 4th vs a rookie for a 4th as long as thr WR hadms played at least to that level.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rub here is vet money vs rookie money for years but I get the concept

I just read that the feeling is that he may be available for as low as a 5th round pick. To me, there's no guarantees that a 5th round pick even makes your team.

The rumor is that the Cardinals are already well-stocked with 9 receivers on the roster, and may actually draft Lamb at #8 overall to reunite with Murray. In which case, they're overstocked with Lamb, Hopkins, Fitzgerald, and Isabella as their top four.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This loaded draft group of WRs and we want to trade a draft pick? Geez

Part of the reason are we probably *need* immediate contributors at too many positions going into the draft. We *need* a WR, inside or outside would do since Amari is so versatile, but we need 1 more contributor tight away. We *need* 1 starter on the interior o-line. Either we go with McGovern at C and need a guard or we go with him at guard and need a center. We also *need* a RDE...Gregory and Smith are just two unknowns. And we *need* an outside CB.

In addition to these, a safety and a TE would be nice as well, but let's just talk about the immediate needs.

With us needing at lease 4 day 1 contributors, it's just too hard to get that in the middle of the 4th round. If we can deal a 4th or later for a young WR who has been productive, that just puts us in a better position to focus on a few other positions, like O-line, DE or CB with those first 3 picks.

stinkface

Reaction score
Yeah but he only has straight line speed.

Should have never traded away Ryan Switzer. Heck I wouldn't have a problem with sending a 7th to the Steelers to get Switz back.

He's caught 44 balls in 2 years with the steelers. Not sure I'd want him back.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I just read that the feeling is that he may be available for as low as a 5th round pick. To me, there's no guarantees that a 5th round pick even makes your team.

The rumor is that the Cardinals are already well-stocked with 9 receivers on the roster, and may actually draft Lamb at #8 overall to reunite with Murray. In which case, they're overstocked with Lamb, Hopkins, Fitzgerald, and Isabella as their top four.

Agree! For a 5th I’d take that any day given that a vet also doesn’t have the growing pains of a rookie. Especially, as Mosher said, if he’s still as young as guys you’ve targeted. I just don’t think I’d trade a 3rd but it would be tempting..again, never sure with rookies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree! For a 5th I’d take that any day given that a vet also doesn’t have the growing pains of a rookie. Especially, as Mosher said, if he’s still as young as guys you’ve targeted. I just don’t think I’d trade a 3rd but it would be tempting..again, never sure with rookies

4th is the highest I would go. I think I could get Duvernay there and have him for four years.

Aven8

Reaction score
So tell me how or why the Cardinals would not be demanding a second for Kirk? Why not just draft our guy there?

As for Goodwin, I will pass. Too unreliable and he really fits the Spagnola Principle.

If Kingsbury is willing to dump Kirk that says a lot. The guy loves WR’s. No thanks.

Sandyf

Reaction score
No more than a 5th would be okay but really don't see Arizona making any trade for Kirk. You have to understand Kingsbury offense and you will see plenty of 4 WR sets and Kirk fits well into that plan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fish throwing more crap against wall. Sooner or later one of his stories will stick.

Yeah, my first thought was, he has been busy today. Wonder what happens when he runs out of toilet paper, and the store is sold out. :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if we trade for Adams and Kirk, Goodwin, or others. We won't have to spend 3 days watching the video conference call draft?
:lmao: