Fish On Cowboys At The Trade Deadline

RamziD

Reaction score
We’d be smart to look at trading Cooper. Gallup and Lamb are the future at WR.

MIA makes a good trade partner. They have 2 2nd round picks, a young QB who needs weapons, and only have DeVante Parker as an above average WR. They’re 3-3 and only 1 game behind BUF for the division. The division is winnable for them this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's just is .......I'd rather this kid than any 2nd round DT. This way we focus on secondary or LBer positions with 1st and 3rd

Same here. And we would have the benefit of getting him acclimated to the defense for the remainder of this season and the offseason (whatever that is) compared to a rookie coming in later. The guy was the 3rd overall pick I believe, and there's no way you can find comparable physical talent next year in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you can add a younger player at a position of need, a player who is likely as good or better than you might find in the actual draft, then it makes perfect sense to do a trade now because it helps your defense now and in the future. Offensive trades make no sense because all your injured players will return next year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.. Get someone we can have for the future. All these D-Line with big names are either only here for 1 year or not playing up to snuff. I was so excited at first and now players like Griffen and Poe just disappoint.

Yes. The majority of this defensive line is out of here after the season, if not earlier.

If it were me, I'd make this trade and cut both Poe and Crawford right now. I would sign another guy either off of a practice squad or off the street who would if nothing else give me better effort than those two.

Big_D

Reaction score
If Jerry trades away any premium picks hope for righting this ship truly will be lost at that point. They need to stockpile picks and rookie contracts now more than ever!

tomsanders921

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl...-nfl-deadline-trade?__twitter_impression=true

Owner Jerry Jones and his front office have a recent track record of being a buyer in order to push an underperforming group upward; the 2018 swap of a first-round pick for Amari Cooper accomplished that.

In Jerry’s Friday visit with 105.3 The Fan, he hinted at which way he leans.

"More likely to add'' than not, he said, adding when asked about certain needs, "Specifically no. Generally, eyes wide open."
It would be just like jerry to trade next year's first rounder in order to get a player now. Just enough to stay keep the cowboys relevant in the weakest division ever.

In all likelihood, it would be a too 5 pick he would be trading away. And probably for a player at the end of their contract who will need a new one in the off-season

visionary

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl...-nfl-deadline-trade?__twitter_impression=true

Owner Jerry Jones and his front office have a recent track record of being a buyer in order to push an underperforming group upward; the 2018 swap of a first-round pick for Amari Cooper accomplished that.

"More likely to add'' than not, he said, adding when asked about certain needs, "Specifically no. Generally, eyes wide open."

Jerry is the best modern day example of “The Emperor has no clothes” that I can think of

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m all for it. As long as it is on defense. I have no clue who is even out there in college. With Covid and teams sitting out etc it looks bleak. I’ve always preferred a proven commodity over hope.

Flamma

Reaction score
The one player I’d consider is Jets DT Quinnen Williams. We clearly have the need at the position and trading for him gives us a good player relatively cheap. For the rest of this year, two more, and then a 5th year option.

If I could do it for a 3rd round pick I surely would. Maybe I’d even give up a 2nd.

I don't see this as a possibility. Some team would offer them a 1st or more for him. Even a late first round pick is better than our 2nd rounder. I can see teams doing that because the chances they get a player like that in the first is small anyway. Might as well give up the first.

kskboys

Reaction score

Frickin' idiot.

Jerry. This is why you don't win.

kskboys

Reaction score
The one player I’d consider is Jets DT Quinnen Williams. We clearly have the need at the position and trading for him gives us a good player relatively cheap. For the rest of this year, two more, and then a 5th year option.

If I could do it for a 3rd round pick I surely would. Maybe I’d even give up a 2nd.
Why is Quinnen available at such a cheap price?

kskboys

Reaction score
What wouls you say if they traded a 2nd for Quinnell Williams
Great.

However, I've not heard that Quinnen is available, and if he is, why in the world would they settle for a 2nd? Sounds like a wishful thinking trade proposal to me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great.

However, I've not heard that Quinnen is available, and if he is, why in the world would they settle for a 2nd? Sounds like a wishful thinking trade proposal to me.

Fire sale would he my guess. He has dominated, however he has already equaled his rookie production this season.

If this report is true, this is a trade I would be interested in. Still high upside for a young player who is improving. You lose a half year of contract control, and some cap space, but you have a better chance at getting production. Its also a fairly weak draft at DT, and we sorely need one

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see this as a possibility. Some team would offer them a 1st or more for him. Even a late first round pick is better than our 2nd rounder. I can see teams doing that because the chances they get a player like that in the first is small anyway. Might as well give up the first.

Word coming out is that the Jets would likely take a 2nd rounder. I'd offer a 3rd and go from there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Word coming out is that the Jets would likely take a 2nd rounder. I'd offer a 3rd and go from there.

Here's the thing. He was the 3rd overall pick in 2019. He should easily be worth more than a 2nd. There has to be something wrong with him if no one is offering that. If that's the case I wouldn't give anything more than a 7th. We have enough of those players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Weak DL draft too. Williams hasnt lit the world on fire, but he is very talented. He is better than any DT in this draft, Id be willing to gamble a 2nd. He has been more productive this year
well whats the Safety crop look like and we obviiuly will be picking 10-15 range , i doubt we get into top 10 or five as much as fans think we will we will finish 6-10 thats mid round this year so many bad teams..is there a cant miss S in that range? LB? do we dare taking BPA and a stud CB slides to us? all i know it better be a day one defensive starter, cant miss type of guy..