Video: Fish on Tyron’s Future

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Can't fix everything at once. We need to focus on the defense.

If Tyron proves to be finished, then move Collins to his natural position LT and sort out RT with the players we have available, including Martin if needed.

I could live with a line of Collins, Williams, Biadasz, McGovern, Martin over any position group we have on the defensive side of the ball.
this side has been spoiled for a minute. People just expect them to be there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Russell Wilson

If Dak were Wilson, it might be a different situation but, Dak is not Wilson. Wilson is a better pocket passer IMO, and he's not a physical runner. Dak takes hits. Wilson runs and slides. Big difference in the two QBs and how they run the ball, to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dak were Wilson, it might be a different situation but, Dak is not Wilson. Wilson is a better pocket passer IMO, and he's not a physical runner. Dak takes hits. Wilson runs and slides. Big difference in the two QBs and how they run the ball, to me.

Does not change the fact Wilson runs he put up over 500 yards in rushing which was 5th in the NFL and is what we were talking about. Wilson ability to run puts pressure on DB, they either give up the yards and stay with their man or them come up to make a tackle and allow their man to get open. Dak is not going to stop running it is part of who he is as a QB, what Dak can do is be more aware of not taking the hits, I think we agree on that. Hell Staubach had a bad habit of challenging defenders especially around the redzone because his competitiveness these are traits these players have. Not trying say Dak is the same as anyone only that as a QB part of his game is the fact he will pull it down and run and I don't see that changing

chagus

Reaction score
The interesting part was the Cowboys don’t seem to high on the 6’3 tackle (Slater). I do think that there is a chance they draft Kyle Pitts at 10. He will probably be a top 5 player on most boards as the draft approaches.
Dallas is set on TE.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Denial gets us in trouble around here. Left tackle is a big question mark. Dak's blindside needs to be a top concern. Maybe its just me.

It's just simply that we can't fix everything at once. Would I rather take a chance on an All-Pro who has had some injury issues or on a UDFA starting at NT or not having a quality free safety or not having a quality corner?

I truly believe La'el Collins will be moved to left tackle when Smith is done. I truly believe that Zack Martin can handle right tackle if he's needed there. I'm more iffy on whether Knight could handle right tackle so we could leave Martin at guard. I'm more iffy on Erving, if he's brought back, being able to handle it sufficiently if he had to start more than a few games. I do think Williams, Biadasz and McGovern would be at least adequate on the interior if we had to move Martin to tackle, and have also felt that Knight might be a better guard than he is a tackle (he's not a left tackle, so hopefully we don't have to play him there anymore). I think Steele is a backup who might can develop into more than that, but I'm not counting on it.

It would be nice if Dallas would actually fix some of the defensive question marks in free agency so that we could afford to take an offensive tackle if the draft falls that way. But we've seen that the Joneses only go for cheap patches that often break before they are even used.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dallas is set on TE.
Set with who? Shultz is a free agent after next season and Jarwin is coming off of a ACL and is always injured. Tight end is actually a sneaky weakness on the offense. I felt better about our receivers before we drafted CeeDee then I do about tight end now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Set with who? Shultz is a free agent after next season and Jarwin is coming off of a ACL and is always injured. Tight end is actually a sneaky weakness on the offense. I felt better about our receivers before we drafted CeeDee then I do about tight end now.
We have Blake Bell too, if we resign him. He is good. Pitts would be a last resort if hes the best player on the board and we cannot find a trade partner. He would be a luxury pick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Does not change the fact Wilson runs he put up over 500 yards in rushing which was 5th in the NFL and is what we were talking about. Wilson ability to run puts pressure on DB, they either give up the yards and stay with their man or them come up to make a tackle and allow their man to get open. Dak is not going to stop running it is part of who he is as a QB, what Dak can do is be more aware of not taking the hits, I think we agree on that. Hell Staubach had a bad habit of challenging defenders especially around the redzone because his competitiveness these are traits these players have. Not trying say Dak is the same as anyone only that as a QB part of his game is the fact he will pull it down and run and I don't see that changing

Perhaps, but it doesn't make it applicable either. I think it's pretty clear that these are two different organizations. One has one a championship in the last quarter century and is a perennial NFC favorite. The other hasn't and isn't. Comparing the Cowboys and how they make decisions to Seattle is like comparing Apples and a ******* File.

Dak will do what he is told because he's not a guy who goes off script. To my knowledge, he never really has been. Proof of this is getting caught flat footed by his agent, supposedly, with the late contract deal last year. He did exactly what his agent told him to and he is exactly in the same situation today as he was then.

Either way, time will tell. He may not even be with the team by the start of the season so I guess we will see what happens.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We have Blake Bell too, if we resign him. He is good. Pitts would be a last resort if hes the best player on the board and we cannot find a trade partner. He would be a luxury pick.
He is a game changer brother. Solves are Redzone issues immediately. If he is there at 10 you have to look at him. Slater, Surtain, Farley, Ect or Pitts. I run to the podium with Pitts on the card. I bet if we pass the Giants won’t.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Anyone who says to rid of Tyron is coo coo
why? He hasn't been available for a full season in the last 3 years. Call me coo coo I guess. We need to see more of this?
iu

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is a game changer brother. Solves are Redzone issues immediately. If he is there at 10 you have to look at him. Slater, Surtain, Farley, Ect or Pitts. I run to the podium with Pitts on the card. I bet if we pass the Giants won’t.
Oh I agree.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
its pure delusional to say we are gonna ride Tyron yet another season..lol..if we do that Dak will get hurt again. TIME for an upgrade!!! STOP sticking with injured players too long. KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN! Why has this org. always been this dang stubborn? MOVE ON FROM TYRON.
We hear ya loud and clear, its just a very hard pill to swallow.
Tyron is the silent partner, never a peep.
Man has basically been a banking system for this franchise to structure his contract to borrow against and restructure as the franchise needs to adjust cap.
The first bank of Tyron, exclusive for the cowboys on an extended term that no player ever signs.
Has he been injured... hell ya
Has he cried.. hell no
Has he done more for this franchise financially than any other player in the history of this franchise,,, hell I dont know, but its gotta be close at least.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We hear ya loud and clear, its just a very hard pill to swallow.
Tyron is the silent partner, never a peep.
Man has basically been a banking system for this franchise to structure his contract to borrow against and restructure as the franchise needs to adjust cap.
The first bank of Tyron, exclusive for the cowboys on an extended term that no player ever signs.
Has he been injured... hell ya
Has he cried.. hell no
Has he done more for this franchise financially than any other player in the history of this franchise,,, hell I dont know, but its gotta be close at least.
and to your point, Thank the heck out of him for his loyalty and service and shake his hand, tell him Good bye and good luck. Time to move forward.

Rayman70

Reaction score
True then again staying in the pocket as it collapses on you is a risk of it's own.
yep, both types of QB styles are risky..its FB. No matter, gotta have a legit starter at LT that is available for 16 games.