Fish report: Belichick wants to coach Cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Belichick is only concerned with beating Shula's record, I absolutely think Jerry will hire him.
Jerry would love the attention of Belichick breaking the record with a Cowboys hoodie.

You known darn well BB wants another SB badly to get out from under Tom's supposedly shadow.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry would love the attention of Belichick breaking the record with a Cowboys hoodie.

You darn well BB wants another SB badly to get out from under Tom's supposedly shadow.
I'm sure he'd love another SB, but that wouldn't be the reason he'd come to the Cowboys. With Jerry as GM, that wouldn't be his expectation.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm sure he'd love another SB, but that wouldn't be the reason he'd come to the Cowboys. With Jerry as GM, that wouldn't be his expectation.
Well if Jerry wants to really win one, he should be open to it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He needs to start putting a staff together at least on paper. My concern would be who is the OC.

What he did in NE during Mac Jones second year was mind boggling.
he wants his staff..in ATL that was 1 of the many issues..you know other than the 10 year failling GM protecting his desk..

plymkr

Reaction score
Personally I would love Bill Belicheat as our HC. I don’t know if it’s going to happen but I’d be for it. But if it does happen let’s fire McCarthy now and hire him. 2024 is going to be a waste of time unless the complete goal is to purge the big contracts and let Bill rebuild the roster on his own. If purging the roster is the goal for 2024 then again let’s start now. Or maybe they have started the purge already.

The only credence I give this report is how weird this offseason is. After the GB debacle all we heard was how much we still believe in Dak and how we’re going “all in” for 2024. Then things got weird. I’m purely speculating but I wonder if we went from being completely committed to Dak to letting him play the season without an extension because Jerry and company heard that Bill wants to be the coach next year and Bill doesn’t want Dak.

Purely speculation. But one way I can make sense out of this bizarre, discouraging and disturbing offseason is early on Jerry had a “wink wink” conversation with Bill and there’s a plan in place and Bill has told Jerry who to keep and who to let go. I know that’s far fetched but it is the only thing I see that can explain this self sabotaging offseason.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Personally I would love Bill Belicheat as our HC. I don’t know if it’s going to happen but I’d be for it. But if it does happen let’s fire McCarthy now and hire him. 2024 is going to be a waste of time unless the complete goal is to purge the big contracts and let Bill rebuild the roster on his own. If purging the roster is the goal for 2024 then again let’s start now. Or maybe they have started the purge already.

The only credence I give this report is how weird this offseason is. After the GB debacle all we heard was how much we still believe in Dak and how we’re going “all in” for 2024. Then things got weird. I’m purely speculating but I wonder if we went from being completely committed to Dak to letting him play the season without an extension because Jerry and company heard that Bill wants to be the coach next year and Bill doesn’t want Dak.

Purely speculation. But one way I can make sense out of this bizarre, discouraging and disturbing offseason is early on Jerry had a “wink wink” conversation with Bill and there’s a plan in place and Bill has told Jerry who to keep and who to let go. I know that’s far fetched but it is the only thing I see that can explain this self sabotaging offseason.
jerry will not fire MM right now..maybe if the season starts 2-5 but that highley unlikley

Chasing6

Reaction score

Just not sure how they can justify cutting him after 3 12-5 season, if they did not do it immediately after the playoff loss.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
He needs to start putting a staff together at least on paper. My concern would be who is the OC.

What he did in NE during Mac Jones second year was mind boggling.
They will keep the Texas Coast Offense and Schottenheimer and BB will bring in all his defensive guys. He will let Schottenheimer run the ball more to keep Dak fresh for the end of the season. I personally thing it might work.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's all we need -- it's not enough that we have to put up with Jerry's goofiness.

Would we now want to tolerate BB's sourpuss face and mannerisms? No thanks.

The current players of the Cowboys like mellow types. They'd be allergic to Billy.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Just not sure how they can justify cutting him after 3 12-5 season, if they did not do it immediately after the playoff loss.
The only way I would justify it is if a decision has been made in 2025 to go with a new QB and HC. If that decision is already made then we have a lame duck QB and HC for 2024 and it’s going to be toxic.

If they are undecided about HC and QB for 2025 then I would really appreciate Jerry coming out and refuting some of these claims. I’m more concerned about Jerry’s silence on Dak being compared to Blake Bortless and Belicheck coming to Dallas. The silence is deafening and disturbing. We need our leader (Jerry) to show some leadership and shoot down this stuff. If he doesn’t then we will have some serious toxicity on top of our normal dysfunction culture. On the flip side if Jerry doesn’t believe in Dak and wants Belicheck then just rip the band aid off now instead of throwing away 2024.

I do agree with you that if something was done it should have happened immediately after the playoffs. Now it’s getting toxic and as a fan I want to see Jerry do some real leadership here. This silence is bad IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The only way I would justify it is if a decision has been made in 2025 to go with a new QB and HC. If that decision is already made then we have a lame duck QB and HC for 2024 and it’s going to be toxic.

If they are undecided about HC and QB for 2025 then I would really appreciate Jerry coming out and refuting some of these claims. I’m more concerned about Jerry’s silence on Dak being compared to Blake Bortless and Belicheck coming to Dallas. The silence is deafening and disturbing. We need our leader (Jerry) to show some leadership and shoot down this stuff. If he doesn’t then we will have some serious toxicity on top of our normal dysfunction culture. On the flip side if Jerry doesn’t believe in Dak and wants Belicheck then just rip the band aid off now instead of throwing away 2024.

I do agree with you that if something was done it should have happened immediately after the playoffs. Now it’s getting toxic and as a fan I want to see Jerry do some real leadership here. This silence is bad IMO.
Yes it is hard to understand the why on why wait till 2025.
There has to be some reasons why they kept mike for 24.
It is possible jerry doesnt want to pay mike for doing nothing in 24.
But to waste the year is frustrating. They have created the worst lame duck season I have ever seen. Why?? I dont know.

Who leaked what bill supposedly said, to the media? We know jones has been leaking things, so was he involved in this and why?
One thing is this is great for cowboys being talked about, and we all know jerry loves that.

Jerry keeping mike Says were close, then strips the team doesnt sign big 2 , dak and cd, then leaks bill will maybe be HC in 2025
no matter what mike does! It is all weird, so right now I dont believe anything jones say, or any of these leaks and comments jones makes.

I hope bill is the next HC, but I cant believe it till I see it happen.

It could be simple as they decided to clear the cap for 25 where they plan on having a new HC ( unless MM does great in playoffs lol)
And they dont really care about 24 and maybe even want a low win total for 24 so they will pick higher.

The draft and who and what they pick may tell us something.

Oh yeah jerry wont refute or clarify , because the mystery keeps everyone wondering. The ring master is having fun this off season!

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes it is hard to understand the why on why wait till 2025.
There has to be some reasons why they kept mike for 24.
It is possible jerry doesnt want to pay mike for doing nothing in 24.
But to waste the year is frustrating. They have created the worst lame duck season I have ever seen. Why?? I dont know.

Who leaked what bill supposedly said, to the media? We know jones has been leaking things, so was he involved in this and why?
One thing is this is great for cowboys being talked about, and we all know jerry loves that.

Jerry keeping mike Says were close, then strips the team doesnt sign big 2 , dak and cd, then leaks bill will maybe be HC in 2025
no matter what mike does! It is all weird, so right now I dont believe anything jones say, or any of these leaks and comments jones makes.

I hope bill is the next HC, but I cant believe it till I see it happen.

It could be simple as they decided to clear the cap for 25 where they plan on having a new HC ( unless MM does great in playoffs lol)
And they dont really care about 24 and maybe even want a low win total for 24 so they will pick higher.

The draft and who and what they pick may tell us something.

Oh yeah jerry wont refute or clarify , because the mystery keeps everyone wondering. The ring master is having fun this off season!
I completely agree with everything you said. You used the word weird, which I agree with. I am thinking the word toxic whenever I think about this. Jerry either has some “master plan” that we are not aware of or he has entered into a whole new level of toxicity. Neither one would surprise me.

Everyone knows I’m not the biggest Dak fan there is and I don’t want him signed to a NFL record setting extension. But what Jerry is doing right now to Dak is complete crap IMO. If you don’t want to sign him then fine. I’m cool with that but don’t set him up to fail. That’s just crap. And this goes for Martin, CD, Ferguson, Diggs, etc as well. Don’t set the guys up to fail. It’s not cool. I mainly singled Dak out due to him being the QB he’ll get most of the wrath of the fans but Jerry is setting him up to fail. Regardless how I feel about Dak, I feel that is very unfair to him and unprofessional. JMO of coarse.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Belicheck is just one of 500 hundred coaches that could take this excellent squad jerry put together into the super bowl.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

Everybody who is looking for a last paycheck wants to coach the cowboys.

We need people who want and know how to win. Not some aged Has-Beens.

He should run for president instead. He now has the demanded age for it in the US, LOL.