Video: Fish Report on new OC

Creeper

Reaction score
While I like guys from winning programs, I don't like guys with limited or no experience in the NFL. A college guy would need a year or two to get familiar with the NFL game and defenses. We want a guy who can hit the ground running, not a guy going to school for a year at the expense of the 2023 offense.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Our luck, it will be him... j/k!!!
Oh Good Lord, if that happened I'm out.

Cant watch Clappy on the sidelines again, just cant do it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Fish upped his game on reporting this season. I thought he was too cavalier to stomach, and then something clicked and he mellowed that out. Since then, his quality of reporting has significantly increased, which was nice to see.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Moore should of been gone when Garrett was canned. This team is run just like a typical mom and pop business. It's all about family and friends. No professionalism. The biggest issue with Jerry is he doesn't want any Alpha coaches and steers away from Alpha FA big guys.
He wants to be in control of everyone and doesn't want someone who will buck him or his ways. He wants a bunch of yes sir robots. This new hire will probably be another guy that's been sitting on his couch like McCarthy was and he will be signed to some frugal 1 or 2 year deal in case he doesn't work out he can be let go along with McCarthy. Insert Quinn and repeat in 3 years.

Carson

Reaction score
Fish upped his game on reporting this season. I thought he was too cavalier to stomach, and then something clicked and he mellowed that out. Since then, his quality of reporting has significantly increased, which was nice to see.
Always rocking the No sleeves though lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
Think many of you guys are overreacting. And it feels condescending to say it because I know you know this.

The new OC, in terms of the major responsibilities, is already hired.

The new OC, in terms of title but who more appropriately would be called "assistant OC," is not.

Doesn't really matter. It should be whoever McC is most comfortable with, period.

Bigger question at the moment, quite seriously, is probably who will be the new QB coach.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There’s just certain age you have to stop rockin sleeveless shirts. I don’t care if you weight train and take care of yourself. It’s like seeing a 65-year old woman in a tube top.

Fish passed that up about 7-8 years ago.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s partly the system.
It‘s partly the play-calling.

But I think the main problem with Moore was attention to details and coaching.
If we get an OC who sees that every route in the passing game is important and should be timed out for the progression and for putting defenders in spots where they have to make a decision, and where the routes set up future plays, we move forward.

If the new OC understands blocking schemes and how to orchestrate the run game, we move ahead.

If the OC has the experience to blend the runs and passes so they start off looking alike, knows how to scheme guys open, not just one guy on one side, but also a second guy on the other side, we move ahead.

Kellen Moore May 9ne day be the best coach in the NFL, but he never paid his dues coming up through the ranks, coaching various positions, and learning all the nuances and attention to details and how to coach individuals about those details. He has been an X’s and O’s Guy calling plays and depending on other coaches to figure out the details for their position groups. It works great, or it fails miserably on each play.

If we get a new OC, even an old familiar name, who has learned this through the years and pays attention to details and understands and coaches the details, we will have a more consistent offense that works vs the best offenses.