Video: Fish Report on new OC

kevm3

Reaction score
I hope we don't end up with the OC version of Mike Nolan.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I think we should bring in Dan Mullens in to get with Dak and he will help develop Dak a little bit further than he is now I know he does have a good feel for offense as well.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here are the names he lists as possible candidates for OC, Also keep in mind that no matter who is brought in as OC...MM might be the play caller.

Brian Schotty - Already in the building and says he is practically a nephew of MM

Ben Mcadoo - was here last year and again said he is a kind of a nephew of MM

Said when both were out of a Job, MM hired them to the cowboys as analyst consultant work.

Fish says although there is nothing there saying the cowboys would be interested, he is just saying he thinks it might be good idea....

Todd Monken. Currently OC at Georgia.
The idea of MM taking over play calling when his game/clock management is dog ****...well that's just terrifying.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Here are the names he lists as possible candidates for OC, Also keep in mind that no matter who is brought in as OC...MM might be the play caller.

Brian Schotty - Already in the building and says he is practically a nephew of MM

Said when both were out of a Job, MM hired them to the cowboys as analyst consultant work.

Fish says although there is nothing there saying the cowboys would be interested, he is just saying he thinks it might be good idea....

Mcadoo brought the Giants to the playoffs with Beckham.

FTWayne

Reaction score
new year new excuses
Well, he doesn't know the system yet. You got to let him play 5 more years to learn the complicated system.
The quarterback coach sucks.

CWR

Reaction score

From the 20 minutes or so I was able to listen it sounds like we'd go that route so MM could still be the play caller.

I wouldn't look for a big hire here. Before MM came to Dallas he said he'd never let another coach call his plays. I'm sure Jerry talked him into KM, and now it appears to have gone full circle.

I expect the hire to be more of an assistant coordinator with MM calling plays and putting his stamp on the offense.

I think its good, let him and Dak sink or swim.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It needs to be someone with no ties with Dallas.

plasticman

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry will do a "Wade Phillips" and McCarthy will be both HC and OC.

Then he will have Quinn answer directly to him instead of McCarthy in order to alleviate some of Mccarthy's HC duties.

Of course, if Quinn and McCarthy both answer to Jerry in their capacities as defensive and offensive coordinators, what does that make Jerry Jones?

Welcome back to 2010.

LysleE

Reaction score
Why in the h*** is Dallas interested in hiring these guys? What have they done that merits consideration for the job, other than being buddies with MM? The NFL is getting younger and the successful teams have great offensive schemes and play callers…well, so much for remaining competitive. Dallas needs a young, innovative and dynamic OC.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Understood, but Mac seems to be struggling with too much on his plate already.
Game and clock management as well as situational football decisions come to mind.
He can always delicate responsibilities as he sees fit, even eventually having his OC call the plays like we see other do.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dak has been in Coryell systems since he came into the league. He’s been a rough fit, to put it mildly. Coryell works with strong armed pocket passers. That’s not Dak’s game.