Fish says Cowboys eyeing Marvin Wilson round 2

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This actually makes sense to me. A guy like Wilson could be the one gap DE in our Scheme. If you brought him in and got him down closer to 300, he could be the opposite DE from the LEO. He would actually project very well there.

rambo2

Reaction score
All this means is that Dallas definitely WONT be taking Wilson in round 2.
Who the hell knows? Nobody knows how the draft will go and one route would have the Cowboys trade up from 44.

morasp

Reaction score
He had a knee injury last season.

"
On the field, a torn meniscus kept Wilson from being as disruptive as he was during his all-conference 2019 and shut him down in mid-November.

“It definitely was one of the hardest things ever,” Wilson said. “... When it first happened, they wanted me to get surgery, but I didn’t. I was fighting it. I fought as long as I could until we all came to the conclusion that it was best for me at the time (to shut down).”

NFL draft: Marvin Wilson doesn’t regret final FSU football season, even if it cost him millions (tampabay.com)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This dude makes a living trolling Cowboys fans and its hysterical at this point.

Almost every thing he's thrown out the last few weeks has been a bold statement given as fact, followed up by, "this probably won't happen but..." or something of that nature.

If people started reading his posts and stopped breaking their necks at his scammy headlines he'd be out of work pretty quick

rambo2

Reaction score
This dude makes a living trolling Cowboys fans and its hysterical at this point.

Almost every thing he's thrown out the last few weeks has been a bold statement given as fact, followed up by, "this probably won't happen but..." or something of that nature.

If people started reading his posts and stopped breaking their necks at his scammy headlines he'd be out of work pretty quick
What has he said that wasn't true?

Aven8

Reaction score
The guy looks likes he’s moving on sand. No thanks

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like wilson.
i think he'll be a solid DT.
love his size.
wouldn't hate it.
would prefer a s or de in the 2nd and get a DT with one of our 2 3rd rounders.
i think teams are probably higher on wilson than the draft sites.
it seems like where ever you have a guy rated its probably a round behind where teams are.

Sydla

Reaction score
This actually makes sense to me. A guy like Wilson could be the one gap DE in our Scheme. If you brought him in and got him down closer to 300, he could be the opposite DE from the LEO. He would actually project very well there.

Great. His body type might work for us.

But one problem. He's not all that great. He peaked as a sophomore at FSU and hasn't been all that good or dominant in recent years. He got absolutely mauled in that ND game this past year, when he faced guys who will probably be NFL caliber OL.

Taking Wilson in the 2nd would be a mistake.

rambo2

Reaction score
REALLY? Hit the general forum. It's littered with this dudes takes that never had any substance. Even some where he literally admits there is no substance to his own claims.
I watch Fish daily. He gives reliable information. I was just wondering what you are talking about. For example, he said that the Cowboys were talking to KJ Wright. He didn't say that they were going to sign him like people on here say.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Great.

But one problem. He's not very good. He peaked as a sophomore at FSU and hasn't been all that good or dominant in recent years. He got absolutely mauled in that ND game this past year, when he faced guys who will probably be NFL caliber OL.

Taking Wilson in the 2nd would be a mistake.

I don't agree with this. I think it depends on what you are asking him to do. But whatever, I'm not here to argue how good or bad he is. I'm not even saying he is who I would take. What I am saying is that he is kinda perfect for the scheme requirement at the other DE.

tm1119

Reaction score
This would make Milton Williams at 44 suddenly seem a lot more tolerable