Twitter: Fish suggesting Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson to the Broncos

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, losing him is now than the 50/50 shot I was thinking earlier in the season. It's a real possibility IMO.......

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
if true this is peyton manning all over again they’ll win the AFC every year unless wilson gets hurt. That cowboys 2021 Defense + the most winning QB (% wise) in NFL history is scary.

Feel bad for Herbert and Mahomes

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't have sources or inside knowledge, but I would be surprised if Quinn jumped ship this quickly. I think he's in a great spot right now after a tumultuous time in Atlanta and I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs around for a few years.

I agree somewhat but as a rule, assistants can't count their iron being from one year to the next.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Can he take Micah Parsons with him?

That's what's making him so smart again.

No but in this rumour he gets the QB he won a SB with as a coordinator and Pat Surtain who was rated the better corner out of him and Diggs in College.

He’d have a great defense and offense if he could get Wilson over there. I don’t think Wilson wants to go to Denver though but maybe a reunion would entice him.

I can see NY trying to pry both of them and putting them against us and Wilson would go for that. Quinn would have another top 10 pick to find his guy in a very talented defensive draft in that area of the draft.

Daillest88

Reaction score
He needs to stay Atleast 3 years . If we win it all and defense keeps improving , money will not be an issue

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He needs to stay Atleast 3 years . If we win it all and defense keeps improving , money will not be an issue

We will not be able to pay him as much as a coordinator as he will get as a head coach...the only thing for him is he doesn't want to rush into a poor fit because a second failure as a head coach will probably be his last chance for the top job. However there will be some good openings.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Maybe accurate, maybe not.

But the main takeaway is that this is shaping up to be a do or die year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="jazzcat22, post: 11535329, member: 1069"]Fisher is an idiot, he needs to stop suggesting ideas like this. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

We know that, LOL........but losing Quinn has some legs

RonWashington

Reaction score
Fangio will not get fired . They blew the doors off Dallas and right around .500 gets the HC another invite to 2022. Must be a slow news day for da “ fish “ …