Twitter: Fish suggesting Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson to the Broncos

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

Ya makes sense Quinn is a HOT commodity and will be offered an HC job somewhere.....

quickccc

Reaction score
Yaawn. .....

Fish just throws darts in the dark ,,and hope something sticks tot the wall.
His inside sources are no different than what you already hear from Ian, Shefter, Archer ...

and if he's anxious enuff, he'll make up some " fishy "stories just for show and click-bait.

and then there's his ridiculous trade scenarios that he'll promote, so that HE personally wants to see happen,
just as he'll deny trade rumors and scenarios based on what HE personally does not want to see happen.

:facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
naah, .I don't have to hear from Fish, to know Quinn was already a hot commodity among HC candidates.
He acts like he's springing something new that no one else has heard.
the Russell Wilson trade rumors were also swirling around. Already out there.

What a door-to-door salesman.

:muttley:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

Wilson I can understand, but why would they replace Fangio with Quinn?

I am not saying Quinn is a bad coach, but rather that Fangio is a defensive-minded coach and the Broncos defense has been good for the most part, so if they were going to switch coaches it would make more sense to get an offensive-minded coach since that is where the problem area is.

That said, the Bronco's main problem has been with not having a franchise quarterback, which Bridgewater is not despite how he looked against the Cowboys.

The smart move for the Broncos would be to improve their offense with someone like Wilson.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wilson I can understand, but why would they replace Fangio with Quinn?

I am not saying Quinn is a bad coach, but rather that Fangio is a defensive-minded coach and the Broncos defense has been good for the most part, so if they were going to switch coaches it would make more sense to get an offensive-minded coach since that is where the problem area is.

That said, the Bronco's main problem has been with not having a franchise quarterback, which Bridgewater is not despite how he looked against the Cowboys.

The smart move for the Broncos would be to improve their offense with someone like Wilson.
Agreed! Beat me to it. No doubt the way Quinn has turned the Dallas defense around that it is raising some eyebrows, however, it would seem like a very lateral move to me. Something that doesn't really move the needle much for Denver. I guess anything is possible, but just doesn't make a ton of sense here.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't see Wilson accepting a trade to Denver. And how many games did the Broncos expect Fangio to win this season with the worst QB in their division?
There was some type of report or rumor naming Denver or NY as a destination he would be ok with.

My first reaction? Seattle would never trade him to Denver....a division rival.

Stinks being old lol. I still associate the Cardinals and St Louis. Can't shake it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How did he act like that? I think “act” is the right word. He failed in ATL even though he made the Big Dance. I don’t think that settles well for a man like him.

I think his stock rose when owners and GM’s saw his players around him when filling in for McC.

Do some see him as the defensive Andy Reid?

I think his stock rose when owners and GM's saw his defense tallied 23 interceptions. :omg:

Zman5

Reaction score
If Zimmer gets fired, I can see Quinn going there. A team with good offensive players, a descent vet QB and few good defensive players would be an attractive situation for a defensive HC.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Quinn seems like intelligent fellow. He knows something good is brewing here. WHy move from it now? If it grows, his stock also goes up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In an interview I have seen with Quinn I don't think he is looking to move back to HC anytime soon

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There was some type of report or rumor naming Denver or NY as a destination he would be ok with.

My first reaction? Seattle would never trade him to Denver....a division rival.

Stinks being old lol. I still associate the Cardinals and St Louis. Can't shake it.
How is Denver a division rival for Seattle?? o_O

nobody

Reaction score
We will not be able to pay him as much as a coordinator as he will get as a head coach...the only thing for him is he doesn't want to rush into a poor fit because a second failure as a head coach will probably be his last chance for the top job. However there will be some good openings.

That's inaccurate. There is no cap on coaching salaries. If Jerry wanted to, he could pay him more than other teams head coaches as the DC. It all depends on how badly Jerry wants to keep him.

817Gill

Reaction score
I don’t see the Broncos hiring another defensive coach, neither do I see Russ playing for one. His biggest gripe in Seattle along with personnel is the lack of a new age aggressive offense. Locking in with another defensive coach seems like the last thing he’d want to do.

If Russ indeed is going to Denver, I assume he’ll have a significant say in who’s coaching him.

Praxit

Reaction score
In an interview I have seen with Quinn I don't think he is looking to move back to HC anytime soon
I sternly believe he signs 3-4 yr deal with Dallas as DC. Watching his interviews, seems happy where D is going. Also seems happy in Dallas.

Brings up in situations his Legion defense in comparisons. ITs a good thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I sternly believe he signs 3-4 yr deal with Dallas as DC. Watching his interviews, seems happy where D is going. Also seems happy in Dallas.

Brings up in situations his Legion defense in comparisons. ITs a good thing.

I hope so, unless someone makes an offer he can't refuse. Like you I hope to see him stay in Dallas, I think he has a chance to develop something very special with the Cowboys on defense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Quinn is not going to get another HC job. Someone else will get that job before him.
Based on what, a team will take a chance if he is the best candidate. Yes the trend is up and coming OCs and college coaches, but the re-tread game is still big in the NFL.