Twitter: Fish suggesting Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson to the Broncos

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think DQ is seen as an elite DC much like Buddy Ryan, Wade Phillips, etc., but most teams want an offensive minded HC. Not saying it's impossable as teams like Denver & the Jets (Giants) tend to like a strong defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Quinn is not going to get another HC job. Someone else will get that job before him.

Yep.

Also, once we hired him he didn’t act like he was a big fan of being a HC. He acted like he prefers being a DC.

JayFord

Reaction score
I wouldnt be shocked if Quinn was offered multiple HC jobs and took one

What a job hes done with the defense here...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have sources or inside knowledge, but I would be surprised if Quinn jumped ship this quickly. I think he's in a great spot right now after a tumultuous time in Atlanta and I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs around for a few years.
Strike while the iron is hot, the Norv Turner/John Fox philosophy.

He has turned a sow’s ear into a silk purse and that might regress next season. When the window opens, jump through it….if it’s the right situation and that’s the key for a once failed HC.

And why Wilson to DEN and not Rodgers?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Diggs, DLaw, Gregory plus quite a few others are absolutely helping, but I think he really is very good at what he does.
Oh no doubt....but it's funny how like Kellen Moore was such a qualified HC candidate, until Dak took a nosedive, now he isnt as good of a coach lol.

It's just comical how a coach's qualifications are tied to players they won't have at the new job.

Also when you hire the hot coordinator you don't even really get that part of their game for your team. Not in the same manner anyway.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.

Also, once we hired him he didn’t act like he was a big fan of being a HC. He acted like he prefers being a DC.
How did he act like that? I think “act” is the right word. He failed in ATL even though he made the Big Dance. I don’t think that settles well for a man like him.

I think his stock rose when owners and GM’s saw his players around him when filling in for McC.

Do some see him as the defensive Andy Reid?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see Wilson accepting a trade to Denver. And how many games did the Broncos expect Fangio to win this season with the worst QB in their division?
Rodgers makes more sense in DEN to me.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't see Wilson accepting a trade to Denver. And how many games did the Broncos expect Fangio to win this season with the worst QB in their division?
True.
7-7 with wins over the Chargers and Cowboys
I think Denver has held up fairly well given their roster and injuries.

Having said that, Sporting News just said he would accept a trade to three teams
Denver
New York
New Orleans

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think DQ is seen as an elite DC much like Buddy Ryan, Wade Phillips, etc., but most teams want an offensive minded HC. Not saying it's impossable as teams like Denver & the Jets (Giants) tend to like a strong defense.

This is very true........going back a few years, teams much prefer the offensive-minded and it's not even close.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No salary cap for coaches. Jerry can make him the richest DC in the NFL!!! :D
And that's where Jerry is an asset.

He will indeed open the wallet in cases like this.

I actually thought Quinn recently said he had no interest in being a HC.

Even with Wilson in Denver, it's an uphill battle against Mahomes and Herbert.

If I'm him I'd ride this Parsons situation into a better spot in time.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Taking that job before the Broncos get a new owner is pretty risky in my opinion.

There is talk Manning has a group together, but we will see if that pans out. Either way they are getting sold in a few months.

kevm3

Reaction score
We better hope Jerry opens up the pocket book and that Quinn just likes the atmosphere here