Twitter: Fish suggesting Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson to the Broncos

RonWashington

Reaction score
Did anyone see that play where Drew Locke dropped back to pass and the defender took the ball from him like a bully ? I’ve never seen anyone get the ball taken like a purse snatch in Times Square . How does the guy go back to the bench after a play like that ? Wasn’t he a # 1 pick . Elway whiffed on that choice .

coult44

Reaction score
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

If Jerry let’s DQ leave he’s crazy. Pay him like a HC. Promise him the future HC job and pay Mike to be the front office person. Do not let Quinn leave for any reason

Reaction score
Didn't Fisher get in trouble for sharing confidential team info without permission? Thought I read that on twitter. Could explain why he's not been on 105.3.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it's anyone's guess if Quinn decides to vacate the Cowboys for another HC role in such a short time. Jerry will give him an offer that should be hard to refuse. It also wouldn't be too surprising if Jerry decided to offer Quinn a head coaching spot with the Cowboys if he has another good year on defense with Dallas. Would Quinn be tempted to leave if Denver makes the right offers. Probably so but Denver has several other good candidates to consider, as well. I'm hoping Quinn remains with Dallas, but many things are possible in any future year.

cffl2323

Reaction score
We will not be able to pay him as much as a coordinator as he will get as a head coach...the only thing for him is he doesn't want to rush into a poor fit because a second failure as a head coach will probably be his last chance for the top job. However there will be some good openings.

I didn't read all six pages of this, so maybe it's been discussed, but does the coaching staff fall under the salary cap? Could we just give him a fat raise for next year and see if we can keep the band together? My guess is that there has to be some sort of a cap for the coaching staff or some team would have exploited this by now.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't read all six pages of this, so maybe it's been discussed, but does the coaching staff fall under the salary cap? Could we just give him a fat raise for next year and see if we can keep the band together? My guess is that there has to be some sort of a cap for the coaching staff or some team would have exploited this by now.
Thinking about Gruden & the Raiders. Wasn't that a $100,000,000.00 deal?