Twitter: Fish suggesting Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson to the Broncos

Fmart322

Reaction score
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

Quinn is a defensive coordinator. That's as high as he goes. Nothing wrong with it either. He just really excels at it.
Me personally, I would rather dominate at DC then be so so at HC.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know it's Fish but honestly, from what I'm reading/hearing, Quinn's name is getting louder and louder as a major candidate for HC position. Also according to SI writer, owners may take a closer look at hiring recycled coaches.

So, does that ideal person exist in the candidate pool right now? The word we had gotten from coaching insiders throughout the process of reporting out our initial list in September and our final candidate list in December is that there might be a premium put on tenured assistants and second-chance head coaches. Dan Quinn. Doug Pederson. Josh McDaniels. Todd Bowles. Raheem Morris. Coaches who are going to make it look professional right away, and bring with them a tenured, NFL-caliber staff.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!
Jerry pay the man, we need to keep this dude!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't have sources or inside knowledge, but I would be surprised if Quinn jumped ship this quickly. I think he's in a great spot right now after a tumultuous time in Atlanta and I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs around for a few years.
HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!
yes I was shouting!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
That's inaccurate. There is no cap on coaching salaries. If Jerry wanted to, he could pay him more than other teams head coaches as the DC. It all depends on how badly Jerry wants to keep him.

It is inaccurate but they are not going to pay him more than most coaches will get....he could...but then every coach is going to ask for more. Makes no sense.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Quinn walks into a defense that gets Diggs in year 2, Gets Gregory not having to be tested for pot, walks into the rookie and DPOY in Micah, and all tat with a coupe free agents and Tank playing well.... and its Quinn that is responsible for the turn around? bahahahahahahahahahaha
let him go, I dont give one darn. He leaves another steps in with that talent and lets see what happens. He got the equivalent of walking into coaching Peyton Manning in year 3.

How will we ever survive. Hey, how was the Falcons defense when he left there? Did he take some off season coaching classes prior to getting in Dallas? He learned some new stuff? lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fish is not one to throw out rumors unle

Fish is also at the star every day I’m sure he hears things.
Yeah but how much, from whom, and he has been either really late or way off or way too obvious most times.

He doesn't pander to die hard fans. He is going for the fringe fans who casually follow the team

lqmac1

Reaction score
I thought I heard him say that he was not interested in leaving Dallas?!

It’ll be pretty hard for him to leave knowing the young players he has on this defense.

We’re well on our way in becoming the best defense in the NFL which will probably have him regarded as one of the best defensive coordinators in history because of us and the work he did in Seattle.

Also, rumors this early are never true.

Media in this day and age just throw out a bunch of BS to get clicks since naming a source is no longer required.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I can see Wilson in Denver. The have the cash, have no ability to draft a QB, so might as well get an aging vet with some tread. They'll just do another Peyton.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I think DQ is seen as an elite DC much like Buddy Ryan, Wade Phillips, etc., but most teams want an offensive minded HC. Not saying it's impossable as teams like Denver & the Jets (Giants) tend to like a strong defense.
broncos have fangio and he’s an elite dc now hc. i don’t think they will do that 2x in a row. look for offensive guy with wilson

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh, the problems of a great team. Gotta love it.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one year, 180 degree reversal of the 2021 Cowboys defense has been pretty amazing. I sure hope the FO pays this man to stay. The Cowboys are beginning to look like a dynasty again:)