Twitter: Fish thinks the Cowboys will entertain trade offers for Taco

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bottom line for me.......unless some team is offering a min 2nd rounder, I'm not biting. Waaay to early to give up on him for a mid-rounder or less.

I agree. I'm not and never will be a huge Taco fan, but that doesn't mean I'm looking to give him away for peanuts and take a huge loss on a former first round pick either.

visionary

Reaction score
We better trade him for a first round pick or at minimum a (expected) high second otherwise we should keep him

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean it's obvious taco has some ability. Marinelli doesn't "like" him so he gets benched. Maybe he can go on a team with a real DC. Marinelli likes jags that will worship him.

So having a top 7 defense is coached by a JAG?
The defense has improved every year under Marinelli while working with more top picks on the Offense than the Defense until recently. Also strapped by cap reasons and therefore no FA's brought in. Which that is ok, as they are detrimental to the team as they were getting the cap under control.

So he does more with less. And the defense looks to be better. Yeah, ok he is a JAG then.

Do I prefer a different DC, and wanted one, yes. But a this point I like our defense the way it is shaping up.
So the JAG is becoming a Ferrari. :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense has improved every year under Marinelli while working with more top picks on the Offense than the Defense until recently. Also strapped by cap reasons and therefore no FA's brought in. Which that is ok, as they are detrimental to the team as they were getting the cap under control.

So he does more with less. And the defense looks to be better. Yeah, ok he is a JAG then.

Do I prefer a different DC, and wanted one, yes. But a this point I like our defense the way it is shaping up.

The Richard Effect.

Make no mistake.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I would rather us carry a surplus at DL than WR. I think we could carry 5 there and go to 11 at DL. If Taco gets traded or not. I think we have some serious talent that I’d hate to see on Philly’s roster for the next 4 years plus

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Richard Effect.

Make no mistake.

I know that is a big part of it. I was going to make that comment in my post. But wanted to see the responses first. But Rod is still the DC so he still gets some credit.
The D still improved every year under him before Richard got here. PPG and YPG up and down, but improved overall.
I still think this is Rod's last year though, and I am perfectly fine with that, s that is needed. Time for Richard to take over, if he does.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

You have to look at everything as a total package. Don't be so close minded. We drafted a RB 4th overall because why? Jerry told you himself was to keep the defense off the field. The defense doesn't see the amount of snaps most teams face because we play ball control offense. A good defense generates turnovers and pressures the QB. Hate to break it to you that we were near the bottom of the league in pressure % and turnovers. Last season we were bottom 10 at getting a stop on 3rd downs. Those analytics directly relate to win %. Total yards is such a lazy stat in 2019.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I shouldn't say anything so I can keep laughing, but I love how your signature above chastises people for the improper spelling of "a lot" while simultaneously displaying the improper use of "it's." It's not quite my favorite internet insult ("your dumb") but it's worth a chuckle.

"It's" done on purpose because I have no problem laughing at myself. What makes it even funnier is you're the first person to catch it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would rather us carry a surplus at DL than WR. I think we could carry 5 there and go to 11 at DL. If Taco gets traded or not. I think we have some serious talent that I’d hate to see on Philly’s roster for the next 4 years plus

No, you keep 6 WR's. If they want to keep 11 DL, then they can go 9 DB's. The 9th DB is not as good as a 6th WR as to what that player can bring to the team.
Also they need to only go 6 LB's, 3 TE's, 2 QB's to help keeping an extra play or 2.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know that is a big part of it. I was going to make that comment in my post. But wanted to see the responses first. But Rod is still the DC so he still gets some credit.

He's the "DC" in name only. He's a glorified defensive line coach at this point. Richard called the plays last year and he will call them this year as well. This is an unnecessary platitude thrown towards the more veteran coach. For show.

The D still improved every year under him before Richard got here. PPG and YPG up and down, but improved overall.
I still think this is Rod's last year though, and I am perfectly fine with that, s that is needed. Time for Richard to take over, if he does.

I just hope we can keep Richard around.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So what on earth is his trade value? You mean to tell me the 6th or 7th rounder you get for him is better than the value he'd offer as depth? They aren't impressed with him? They think other teams are lol?

Exactly......hell that's like a car dealer offering only $2000K for my trade-in car I know is worth $5000K retail. I'll keep it rather than just giving it away.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No less than a 2nd. Or a 3rd and a 5th. Or some type of condition to move them up to a 1st or a 2nd.
I mean it depends what they think of Taco. If they aren't going to play Taco then yeah I'd trade anything from a 2nd to 4th for him. But in reality he has done nothing. There are guys like him all over the league that get cut. So when I factor that in? He seems like a guy that will be traded for a 6th rounder.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's the "DC" in name only. He's a glorified defensive line coach at this point. Richard called the plays last year and he will call them this year as well. This is an unnecessary platitude thrown towards the more veteran coach. For show.

I just hope we can keep Richard around.
Richard will be a head coach by next season. I thought this season was too early for him to get a head coaching job so I saw him staying but he's not staying another year with all of the head coaching vacancies that are about to show up.