Twitter: Fish thinks the Cowboys will entertain trade offers for Taco

jnday

Reaction score
Yep! Marinelli is obsessed with no names for job security and to pat himself on the back. And so many buy into it. They point to these no names and show much he gets out of them. He is the reason we have these no names. He is the sole reason we passed on TJ Watt for Taco. He's an old man that yells at the clouds. Spare me that he gets his players to buy in. How about actually putting them in the position to win or call a good defensive game? The same is said about Garrett. The players like him and they buy in. Yet he is terrible at actually coaching. Marinelli is still living off that one title in 2002 with the Bucs. He is not a good coach. But he yells a lot so people think that means something.
Don’ Forget that Marinelli tortured us by playing Hayden for so long when anyone would have been an upgrade.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Teams only get 3rd round comp picks for players that sign mega-contracts with another team.

The very best 3rd round comp pick is really round 4, pick 1 because it is at the end of round 3.

Comp picks are 2 draft away as compared to a trade that net a pick in the next draft.
- If a player will be a free agent in 2020, then a trade of that player now could net a pick in the 2020 draft.
- If that player stays and signs a big contract with another team as free agent, the comp pick will be in the 2021 draft.
- At the time of the 2020 draft, a 2021 draft pick is valued about 1 round lower than a 2020 pick (i.e. 2020 4th = 2021 3rd).

I understand that.

But from recent activity, it seems he may be turning a corner. If we trade him now, chances are we aren't going to get anything near a first or second, maybe not even a third. So it basically behooves us to keep him and hope that he has a good season, increasing his value down the road. And if he has a good year this year, maybe he sticks around here and becomes a bookend to Lawrence. The likelihood is that Quinn is a one year rental. I have no expectation for Gregory to ever be back. So are the pass rushers we have really that exciting that we would get rid of Taco? Crawford's value is his flexibility, but isn't it a matter of him not being good enough at either DT or DE to be counted on as a plus starter?

Collins is above average when healthy, but are any of the other DT's anything to write home about? Most are one trick ponies. And not even that great at their one trick. The pass rushers outside of Lawrence and Quinn are all potential and little production, and Quinn is out for at least a couple games and Lawrence is coming back from yet another surgery.

I just don't see the value in selling off Taco.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well they see a lot more than we do obviously.

Did Fish mention that most of us fans aren’t impressed with the coaches either? Lol.

I am not anti Taco. I am fine if they keep him and give him another year. But I could see them willing to trade him because they do have a lot of young talent with potential. And they’re going to have to cut somebody on the DL, they would rather keep either way.
That's what Im saying,, we finally get to see what Taco has, and its in the 3rd preseason game of this season...
You have to ask yourself just exactly what does that show?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
supposedly besides TJ Watts, the next two players graded on their draft value board were CB Kevin King (Packers) and RB Davin Cook (Vikings)
Taco was said to be more as a 2nd round pick value, but the staff didn't think Taco would be available by the time their 2nd round pick came around.
Davin Cook would have been a nice one-two punch teamed with Zeke. Probably don't have the current holdout with Zeke had we drafted Cook.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Davin Cook would have been a nice one-two punch teamed with Zeke. Probably don't have the current holdout with Zeke had we drafted Cook.

Umm MN knows how good COOK is and he was the difference last year he played with Case Keenum and they won vs Cousins and they lost.. Paired with Cousins they know they have a better shot at winning...they arent lettings him go for cheap..not for taco, that I can say for sure..Just like Jackosnville was better in every game with Fournette on the field than they weren't. Guice the Commanders were better, he went own they got worse, the NE guy they were better with him just because they arent up for big deals does NOT change the fact that a GREAST RB is needed , period..the owners trying to sell the devalued postion is just simply about MONEY but the NEED for a top back still holds true..nothings changed..RBBC is farce..as the leader of that Committee typically is a top producing back they got at a cheap price..its a money grab to save cap space for overpaid underproducing QBS!!

we are going to see how a top RB effects the entire game like TOP, Blocking, toughness, durability and the ability to wear defense down by the 4th qtr.. ie Zeke vs pollard I can care less about 80-100yard from pollard few games here and there, thats NOT what an Elite RB does to effect the entire game, its not just about yards..the difference is Zeke isnt getting hurt like many above including Gurley... hes proved 3 straight years he is Elite and adds durability over the others its why hes holding out before he gets hurt and further devalued..

Beaker42

Reaction score
Beaker I like you, but he's not even worth a 3rd right now, add in one or two more years of futility and... well you can do the math there

Thanks bud, like you too. :thumbup:

I’ve been wrong before and I don’t see it stopping now. The way the kid’s been playing I just think it’d be dumb to get rid of him now ......... UNLESS he’s a locker room issue.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Umm MN knows how good COOK is and he was the difference last year he played with Case Keenum and they won vs Cousins and they lost.. Paired with Cousins they know they have a better shot at winning...they arent lettings him go for cheap..not for taco, that I can say for sure..Just like Jackosnville was better in every game with Fournette on the field than they weren't. Guice the Commanders were better, he went own they got worse, the NE guy they were better with him just because they arent up for big deals does NOT change the fact that a GREAST RB is needed , period..the owners trying to sell the devalued postion is just simply about MONEY but the NEED for a top back still holds true..nothings changed..RBBC is farce..as the leader of that Committee typically is a top producing back they got at a cheap price..its a money grab to save cap space for overpaid underproducing QBS!!

we are going to see how a top RB effects the entire game like TOP, Blocking, toughness, durability and the ability to wear defense down by the 4th qtr.. ie Zeke vs pollard I can care less about 80-100yard from pollard few games here and there, thats NOT what an Elite RB does to effect the entire game, its not just about yards..the difference is Zeke isnt getting hurt like many above including Gurley... hes proved 3 straight years he is Elite and adds durability over the others its why hes holding out before he gets hurt and further devalued..
You may have misunderstood what I was saying. I simply asked who do posters think we should have taken (aside from Watts) had we not taken Taco.
Someone responded that the Cowboys were looking at Dalvin Cook.
I then said he would have made a nice one-two punch teamed with Zeke.
The Cowboys offense centers around the run game. So having a capable back in the wings would benefit the team's offensive scheme.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You may have misunderstood what I was saying. I simply asked who do posters think we should have taken (aside from Watts) had we not taken Taco.
Someone responded that the Cowboys were looking at Dalvin Cook.
I then said he would have made a nice one-two punch teamed with Zeke.
The Cowboys offense centers around the run game. So having a capable back in the wings would benefit the team's offensive scheme.

we'll regardless two Elite backs would be too much IMo we are already having issues with one trying to get paid, try two lol..its bets to have RB1 ELITe carry the load and draft guys like pollard to be a RB2..easier on the cap and not having egos get involved.. besides the biggest difference between Zeke and Say Cook and David J and others is his durability..he hasn't had one major injury his whole life that I heard,, its why its worth the risk signing him now for what he wants.,he has easy 3-4 good years left,.. front load it guarantee 3 years of it and lets get this resolved......

its easy in hindsight to question Taco and other low 1st round picks when you see the alternatives already producing.. at the time the FO thought they were making the right pick for their current needs..Gregory and Taco have not worked out for different reasons but its truly not their fault, I mean who can predict that?

would be nice to have all the pics correct and have Watt here but hey noones is perfect.

many teams passed on Aaron Donald, Tom Brady, thought Emmitt was not going to be great, said Jaylon would never recover, and man many others so hey lots of players slide and get past up and come out and be super stars..its not perfect process the draft..

the FO as whole have made very good draft picks the last 5years or so.ill trust them and p;layers like Taco , Cwill and other take some time to develpop and might surprise us all..te LVE pick was so post to eb the next Bobby Carpenter, hows that workig out :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
we'll regardless two Elite backs would be too much IMo we are already having issues with one trying to get paid, try two lol..its bets to have RB1 ELITe carry the load and draft guys like pollard to be a RB2..easier on the cap and not having egos get involved.. besides the biggest difference between Zeke and Say Cook and David J and others is his durability..he hasn't had one major injury his whole life that I heard,, its why its worth the risk signing him now for what he wants.,he has easy 3-4 good years left,.. front load it guarantee 3 years of it and lets get this resolved......

its easy in hindsight to question Taco and other low 1st round picks when you see the alternatives already producing.. at the time the FO thought they were making the right pick for their current needs..Gregory and Taco have not worked out for different reasons but its truly not their fault, I mean who can predict that?

would be nice to have all the pics correct and have Watt here but hey noones is perfect.

many teams passed on Aaron Donald, Tom Brady, thought Emmitt was not going to be great, said Jaylon would never recover, and man many others so hey lots of players slide and get past up and come out and be super stars..its not perfect process the draft..

the FO as whole have made very good draft picks the last 5years or so.ill trust them and p;layers like Taco , Cwill and other take some time to develpop and might surprise us all..te LVE pick was so post to eb the next Bobby Carpenter, hows that workig out :)
I'm patient with Taco. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think it's silly to give up players too soon. Having said that, as you said, we have been pretty good at drafting lately. I don't believe in the RB1 and RB2 concept. You draft best players PERIOD. If the Cowboys felt Cook was worthy enough to pick in the first, they should have taken him, assuming there were no other needs and no other players worthy of that first-round pick.
We tried that strategy before, and it left us talentless until Clay.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wonder if they think Charlton might be expendable for the right pick given Wise showed he could play some backup DE.