Twitter: Fish thinks the Cowboys will entertain trade offers for Taco

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Her "value" is to report what she's told directly by either camp. That's what reporters do.

And we have no proof that Dak didn't ask for that. They know Mahomes is probably going to get upwards of $60 million per year, and they're trying to anticipate that market. That's why Dak seems in no hurry in my opinion.

Yeah but if your constantly being told misinformation or simply being used for contract negations you have no value. Anyone can fill that same role.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes it would. But on the bright side, it might have that silver lining.

Win-win.

Either we win during this season or we win in the offseason with a new head coach.
Yeah but its not if we go 8-8 or 9-7. That may just be good enough to get a coordinator fired.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Every team does not have a Jelks on it.

Pass rushers are not a dime a dozen position and if a guy even shows a pulse as a guy that can get to the QB or stop the guy getting to the QB then then they will be on a 53 man roster.
Well Jelks isn't a "pass rusher" until he does it in the regular season. Which is what I mean every team has. You remember the year we got David Irving? Chiefs stuck him on the practice squad because they had a bunch of guys they thought could rush the passer just as good as him. You are hyping up Jelks. He may go on to be a great player. I'm not arguing with you about his ceiling. I'm telling you in the eyes of teams everyone has a pass rusher they love that they are going to try and sneak on practice squad. Happens all the time. Don't let preseason skew your view of players.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah but if your constantly being told misinformation or simply being used for contract negations you have no value. Anyone can fill that same role.

You're wrong. If they say it, it's big news. Whether it's true or not. The truth is big news. A lie is also big news.

If Jerry said the lunar landing never happened, that would be HUGE news. It's still Slater's job to report it.

If Slater made the $40 million up, well that is very wrong and a fireable offense. But I don't think that's the case at all. She has no reason to lie.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're wrong. If they say it, it's big news. Whether it's true or not. The truth is big news. A lie is also big news.

If Jerry said the lunar landing never happened, that would be HUGE news. It's still Slater's job to report it.

If Slater made the $40 million up, well that is very wrong and a fireable offense. But I don't think that's the case at all. She has no reason to lie.
Oh I don't think she lied at all. Like I said above she's being used for contract negotiations. But it looks bad when she reports Dak wants 40 million and another outlet close to the Cowboys puts out that is untrue.

cern

Reaction score
taco or the up and coming Jackson? tough choices. but i'd keep jackson and get the most I could for taco. missing practice all week won't help taco.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

She can report it all she wants but until she cleans up her recent track record a little then just take it with a grain of salt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think they just want him out of the building.
If that's the case they should cut him lol. I don't think they just want him out I think they just want to see what he will get them and if its worth getting rid of him they will do it. I also think they probably like some other DE's as well who may not be as good yet but have just as high ceilings.

erod

Reaction score
Oh I don't think she lied at all. Like I said above she's being used for contract negotiations. But it looks bad when she reports Dak wants 40 million and another outlet close to the Cowboys puts out that is untrue.

It looks bad on the Cowboys, not her. She's simply reporting what she was told.

Now if she got that number from one of the trainers, she's in the wrong. But you know she didn't. She got it directly from the horse's mouth. And that is news she HAS to report.

J-man

Reaction score
ok but for what? a 5th or 6th rd pick? no thanks
now is there a player we could get in return? a safety? a TE? I'm listening...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed but all of that ties into points per drive. and with less drives less chance to score. This defense if they can improve in pass rush, turnovers, and be able to get off the field on 3rd downs will be an elite defense. They are an above average defense as it stands now. Personally I think scheme is to blame more so than anything else.

Well I am not a fan of this scheme, never have been. But it has improved year to year. But they also have better players each year too. So it should improve.
And now, on paper, they have legit pass rushers on both sides as well as better players up the middle. So it seems.
Now need to see turnovers and the more consistent pass rush to help create those turnovers.

Flamma

Reaction score
Trading Taco now would make about as much sense as smothering yourself with a plastic bag. What would be the point of keeping him on the roster for the last two years if they were going to trade him the second he looked like he might be the player they intended to draft? And for what? A 4th or 5th rounder? Because Gregory might come back? I would think they give him a shot this year. Especially since Quinn will be out a few games.

BTW, I do hope Gregory comes back.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The coaches see things fans never will- in meetings, practice, etc..., so nothing would surprise me.
That said- I don't think Taco will be cut or traded.

I do like the idea of trading him for a RB. On a value basis, he might be worth a RB who can actually play. Zeke would actually have some real trade value, but I doubt that is happening either. Imagine trading Taco for a good RB, and then trading Zeke for some real value. Take Zeke's money, and keep some of our really good depth. I'm dreaming... but I can't get that video of a drunk/stoned Zeke out of my mind. Scary to be relying on that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if you click and listen to Talking Cowboys recent show, that's when I had heard Broaddus make the mention that he is hearing that the club may trade or cut Taco.
so most likely Fish is listening to the same whispering folks at the Star Frisco.

and the irony of it, Taco had mysteriously made post game (Niners) comments that pointed towards his agent ... rather instead of his coaches.
That likely set off the first buzz of is Taco trying to get an out of Dallas.

A big issue for him appears to be (or have been) the criticism that he receives from fans/media.

In the interview I think he is saying that's he has moved past that issue; although, obviously not completely.

His "attitude" issue last season, which I've said before, is addressed in the interview when he talks about playing base end and Randy Gregory playing the pass rush snaps.

It seems that his thin skin with regards to fan/media criticism magnifies the issue of Gregory getting the preferred pass rushing snaps.

This is the interview after the 49ers game:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/players-taco-charlton-i-m-happy-with-me

quickccc

Reaction score
Jelks was in a walking boot yesterday and there is speculation that he is moving to IR. So that takes care of not losing him for 8 weeks.

first I've heard of this (welks' injury)
and if Jelks is placed on IR (whether short or permanent) he's not allowed to practice at all.
which means no further development this year, and he couldn't contribute thus year if DE injuries mound.
But if he gets IR's that cements his future stay here with the team, rather than risk losing him thru waivers in trying to squeeze him to the practice squad.

And assuming Taco gets traded or cut, ..and Gregory's season is flat out simply going nowhere at this point and stage. - it still looks like we are in very good shape
with:
1 Mr. Hyde (Hyder)
2 Crawford
3 Armstrong
4 Jackson
.. as our depth guys at DE, while DLaw and Quinn man the starting DE roles.