Twitter: Fish thinks the Cowboys will entertain trade offers for Taco

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there may be some truth to this, Brian Broaddus also said he heard that the organization isn't really high on Taco anymore either..

I would not be shocked if the Cowboys are exploring a trade of Taco; however, based on the history of predictions or "inside info" from Broaddus it's obvious that he does not really get "inside info". If the does, then they've often intentionally given him the wrong info in order to "leak" false information to the media.

The Cowboys have always kept 1st round picks for at least 3 years and almost all of them for 4 years.

They have a numbers issue at DL with too many players they want to keep.

If they keep Crawford then that's DLaw, Quinn and Crawford at DE (they have the 4 game day DTs likely set already).

That leaves 1 spot at DE for Hyder, Armstrong or Taco.

Taco does not appear to have the mentality to be able to deal with being inactive now that he has giving max effort in training camp.

Unfortunately, I just don't see Taco netting much in return with regards to a trade. Maybe a 4th round pick.

quickccc

Reaction score
Walker said Claiborne was here 5 years, just couldn't remember since he hardly ever played. I was excited about Claiborne when we drafted him, boy was I wrong. The skill was there, just not the health.

though I thought we gave up too much to move up to get him (a 2nd rounder) I was also excited about Mo Claiborne too, based off what was being thrown around via media talk that
touted Mo as the best defensive player in the NFL draft, ..and the best CB prospect the Cowboys have scouted and graded since Deion Sanders .
was supposed to be a tough coverage guy with ball hawk skills for the INT and capable of excelling at both man and zone coverages.
I admitted that i drunk up the entire jug of kool aid that was being advertised and sold at that time.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
though I thought we gave up too much to move up to get him (a 2nd rounder) I was also excited about Mo Claiborne too, based off what was being thrown around via media talk that
touted Mo as the best defensive player in the NFL draft, ..and the best CB prospect the Cowboys have scouted and graded since Deion Sanders .
was supposed to be a tough coverage guy with ball hawk skills for the INT and capable of excelling at both man and zone coverages.
I admitted that i drunk up the entire jug of kool aid that was being advertised and sold at that time.
I think everybody did, even Cowboy haters in the media were saying how great Claiborne was going to be. Guess we can't be right all the time haha

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't like the bend but don't break attitude

I'm not crazy about it in some ways but in the modern NFL it is very difficult to keep teams from getting yards so it only makes sense to realize on the front end you aren't going to 3 & out the offense consistently. ie, don't set yourself up with unrealistic expectations.

The saving grace is now that we have improved our overall defense but especially the LB & corners, teams have to work to get the completions that used to be given to them. They have to play precise, error free football & sustain drives. Most teams will not be able to get through an entire game grinding like that. Either they will make mistakes or they will just wilt under the pressure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well, that would be one way to fit all of our DEs on the roster. I'm not sure I'm in favor of it at the moment because I think he's playing better than the rest of the reserve ends other than maybe Hyder. Now, when Quinn returns, I wouldn't mind us trading Charlton.

Of course, I'm overly cautious and I know sometimes you need to take a slight risk. With Crawford, Hyder and Armstrong, we'd probably be fine without him. And I do really want to keep the two young'uns: Jackson and Jelks.

quickccc

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if the Cowboys are exploring a trade of Taco; however, based on the history of predictions or "inside info" from Broaddus it's obvious that he does not really get "inside info". If the does, then they've often intentionally given him the wrong info in order to "leak" false information to the media.

The Cowboys have always kept 1st round picks for at least 3 years and almost all of them for 4 years.

If they keep Crawford then that's DLaw, Quinn and Crawford at DE (they have the 4 game day DTs likely set already).

Taco does not appear to have the mentality to be able to deal with being inactive now that he has giving max effort in training camp.

Unfortunately, I just don't see Taco netting much in return with regards to a trade. Maybe a 4th round pick.

- maybe just me, but if these Taco-trade/cut rumors end up coming true, then that will lead me to believe that Taco and that "entitled " attitude and mentality changed the dynamics of the Cowboys
usually keeping hold on of underachieving 1st rounders - to such where they considered him such a malcontent, that they can't wait to get his aazz off the roster, ..even at the risk of
taking a substantial cap hit ,( especially.if he's cut.)

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

I agree with you but getting a fourth round selection is alot better than getting nothing for him by cutting him.....I personally don't think they'll cut him this based on what he showed in preseason but it wouldn't surprise me either if they did trade or cut him...I can hope things have changed in the organization, moving on from players regardless of draft status that aren't showing potential or progressing......too many times this organization hung on to players that they should have moved on from ...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
But seven posters in a row yesterday on another thread thought it was ridiculous to trade Taco, "unless we got a 1st from a desperate team". Lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Why move on now after finally showing some development? Must really be in the doghouse. I'd cut Crawford before trading Taco.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Jelks just stands out as a talent as a pure pass rusher.

If they cut him he'll never see our practice squad.
We've said this about 500 other late rounders who did see the practice squad. Including ones who had wayyyyy better preseason games than Jells who hasnt done much.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Carpenter was the only first round pick in a very very long time I dont remember playing his entire rookie deal with Dallas

InTheZone

Reaction score
Unless the team doesnt care for his attitude, which shouldve been known prior to the draft, no way in hell does dallas trade taco now after his flashy preseason. I could see it happening prior to this preseason or sometime during the 2nd half of this season if he falls flat again, but right now? No way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jelks was in a walking boot yesterday and there is speculation that he is moving to IR. So that takes care of not losing him for 8 weeks.

If he's moved to IR before the cut to 53, it's "see ya next year!" but at least the team won't lose him entirely.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Why move on now after finally showing some development? Must really be in the doghouse. I'd cut Crawford before trading Taco.

Makes your team worse, and you don't get any assets back other than small amount of CAP space between Taco and Crawford's hits.