Fish: Tyron Smith projected to the Jets

conner01

Reaction score
Hogwash.

He is going to stay in Dallas
I think so too. Smith has been very loyal and never complained about not being the highest paid. He’s gonna be back and we need to draft a tackle too

Gambit

Reaction score
Offlineman are NOT playmakers!
Only here in the CZ do they think they can win spending #1 picks on Offlinamen.
How about a QB.........you know the player that handles the ball the most???????????????????????
Anyone???????????????????
Are you suggesting the Cowboys are the only NFL team to draft OL in the first round?

Man there's gonna be like 5 tackles and 2 centers very disappointed come draft time.

conner01

Reaction score
And we have fans that also want to dump Martin.

I have no issues with Biadasz walking. We could absolutely use an upgrade there and there are 3-4 center candidates we could look at in the draft - Barton, JPJ, Frazier, Van Pran.
We can upgrade center and should

rambo2

Reaction score
Agreed on all fronts.
I like Fish quite a lot as a person for his history in DFW but this feels like an example of how modern sports media has no retirement plan.
Devolved to straight up click-bait.
Fish has found out how to make a little money on the internet and youtube.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Offlineman are NOT playmakers!
Only here in the CZ do they think they can win spending #1 picks on Offlinamen.
How about a QB.........you know the player that handles the ball the most???????????????????????
Anyone???????????????????
This franchise has had to support inadequate QB play for decades so yes OL were obviously a priority.
I'm done complaining about the Dak effect on this entire franchise, he is insignificant at this point.
This will take some time to dig out of this hole that Jerry and Son have put themselves into, and honestly I just think they are too far behind the current game
to stay up,,, I have zero faith that Dallas can or will Draft a decent QB prospect.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This franchise has had to support inadequate QB play for decades so yes OL were obviously a priority.
I'm done complaining about the Dak effect on this entire franchise, he is insignificant at this point.
This will take some time to dig out of this hole that Jerry and Son have put themselves into, and honestly I just think they are too far behind the current game
to stay up,,, I have zero faith that Dallas can or will Draft a decent QB prospect.
Very well-spoken.
Take a long look at the last 8 seasons and be amazed and saddened at how much our team has sacrificed to support such an average play at QB.
He is the cancer that unless removed there is NO hope for better days at Big D. :facepalm:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Lol, no. That isn't even possible. You can't trade a free agent. Fish isn't saying anything. It is just click bait to talk about what is said out there in cyberspace. Tyron is likely coming back to Dallas for another year, at least that is what I think. I think he will have a team friendly deal with incentives for number of games played and he will get a lot of no practice days.

Given the state of the OL I would welcome 77 back

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Given the state of the OL I would welcome 77 back
Given the state of 77 I would welcome 77 back. Tyron had his best season probably since 2016.

The only question is what Tyron wants. He could get better money than we'll offer elsewhere. Could get a better chance at a ring too. Might be able to get *both* at the same time. Hard to turn that down.

What would be hard for him to get elsewhere is the same quality to his right. The Twin Tylers make each other look better.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Bring back Tyron. Draft Jackson Powers-Johnson. Done
Very good point - its a damn shame that they haven't drafted the next LT and have him getting an education watching Tyron play the last couple of years. It can't get better than learning from a future HALL OF FAMER.
That would require a FRONT OFFICE with smarts and vision though, lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think so too. Smith has been very loyal and never complained about not being the highest paid. He’s gonna be back and we need to draft a tackle too
Doubt it man.

He will take the $$$ and run.

We just don’t have the free cap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Also, Martin is UFA after 2024.

But they need to extend his contract.

That cap hit is killer.

conner01

Reaction score
Doubt it man.

He will take the $$$ and run.

We just don’t have the free cap.
I bet he signs a contract similar to last year. Basically payed to play. At this point he knows he only has a couple more years and I don’t see him leaving unless some team throws a huge contract at him and I think that’s unlikely